Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Crazy, I thought they were trying to package Coutinho in a deal to bring Neymar back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Coutinho to Bayern is agreed on in principle, meaning he is expected to travel to Munich for a medical check and signing papers.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
someone bold it and get probated please!!!!!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1162488568952098818

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Does this mean Neymar is allowed back home?

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?

Hope we see the best of him again. He's best when he has a very free attacking role and that was always going to be tough at Barca with Messi playing a similar role.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Remember when people thought Coutinho was the Iniesta replacement despite them not really being remotely similar as players lol

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
That option to buy might as well not exist

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Inter looking to loan Alexis Sanchez and cover a load of his wages :pray:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
https://twitter.com/bresciaofficial/status/1163142958646026240?s=21

done deal

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
God drat it now I’m Cagliari AND Brescia ‘till I die, and I can only die once.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

What's also a Done Deal is Coutinho to Bayern.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Cool to sign a player for £140m and then just loan him out a year later

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Uncle Phil loving sucked and was worse on the ball than Arturo Vidal and Paulinho. Like James though I'm sure he'll find success at Bayern where most middling La Liga talent goes to look good.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

But how? At Liverpool he looked like a top, top number 10.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Der Shovel posted:

Drugs didn’t take.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

He’s a good player and obviously didn’t mesh well with the golden aut.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I still love Couts. He should have stayed. Also, lol Barca.

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1163400258845646850

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Der Shovel posted:

He didn't really fit into how either team played and was basically a panic buy from barca

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Panic 140 mil

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It was like 18 months of sustained recruitment from Barcelona. They wanted to pair him with Neymar back in 2016.

No one takes that long to panic.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

his fans will say that they never let him be the free 10 that he was at Liverpool and that Barca didn't put him in a position to succeed but he played so poorly and failed to do so many simple things that lesser players have done. He wasn't good enough on the ball or intense enough to play midfield and he wasn't fast enough/active enough to play out wide. He didn't seem very resilient either and he responded to poor performances by becoming even more checked out and less active. I think Barca initially targeted him to make Neymar happy and then after he left they just doubled down feeling like they needed to do something big.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Trying to get neymar back feels like more of a panic move.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I want to hug and kiss whoever planted the "next Iniesta" idea in those Barca dopes' heads. 140m lmao

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Big Phil had a free role at Liverpool and dictated how he wanted to play. At Barca he was told to stick to one position and it didn't suit him at all

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lol what a loving awful deal this was for United but now it might finally be coming to an end according to something called the "El Mecurio":

quote:

Alexis Sanchez will join Inter Milan on a one-year loan with the option to sign him for £12m at the end of the season. Documentation should be signed today or tomorrow. His inner circle claims the deal is done.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

Lol what a loving awful deal this was for United but now it might finally be coming to an end according to something called the "El Mecurio":

gently caress, I hope so.

There are also reports that Sanchez is "demanding" the 7 shirt which is a total clickbait headline since no one at Inter is currently wearing 7.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

By my math Inter is paying him at least £2 million a month. This sounds like a very bad deal

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I hope Inter keep up this momentum, maybe pick up Phil Jones or Ashley Young next.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’ll do all the fuckin’ moves right on time if Inter pick up Jesse Lingard.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

I hope Inter keep up this momentum, maybe pick up Phil Jones or Ashley Young next.

You'd much rather them have Smalling, Jones has shown flashes where he's actually a competent defender.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/FCAugsburg/status/1163526172082352129

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Apparently Barcelona are going to attempt to get Neymar on loan with a mandatory buy option.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/ne...move-to-bayern/

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
cooter was The Man at pool and got to do whatever he wanted and had next to no pressure or responsibility.

I dunno if his situation at Barca was comparable. it won't be at BM

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
There's a stats nerd argument that when Barca switched from a 4-4-2 with Coutinho on the left wing to a 4-3-3 with him in a central midfield role, he ended up trying to play in Messi's central space and couldn't make the same impact on the scoreline. It probably didn't help that he was meant to replace Iniesta, a fundamentally irreplaceable player, and as unfavorable comparisons grew he began to overcomplicate his game.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

bewbies posted:

cooter was The Man at pool and got to do whatever he wanted and had next to no pressure or responsibility.

Then he left and Liverpool immediately won the champions league :thunk:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Then he left and Liverpool immediately won the champions league :thunk:

Well yeah. Shockingly an attacking mid didn't shore up our defense and horrendous GK situation.

The money from selling him did though :eng101:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

J Hume posted:

There's a stats nerd argument that when Barca switched from a 4-4-2 with Coutinho on the left wing to a 4-3-3 with him in a central midfield role, he ended up trying to play in Messi's central space and couldn't make the same impact on the scoreline. It probably didn't help that he was meant to replace Iniesta, a fundamentally irreplaceable player, and as unfavorable comparisons grew he began to overcomplicate his game.
How is this a stats nerd argument

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Vegetable posted:

How is this a stats nerd argument

Perhaps it's their argument

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022