Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I cant really be mad at those spoilers if they turn out to be true. they seem like they will give us some epic star warsing and nothing there is lamer than any of the stupid plot points from the prequels (most of them).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It just feels like a dead end, even moreso than TLJ leaves things at a dead end even. Time travel, as bad as it would have been, would have at least allowed them to try to pull a new angle out of left field

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So goshdarn bankrupt they get hung up on the character rather than the society.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

weekly font posted:

I hate that idea and it never should have made it beyond spitballing but Matt Smith is a good pick for that stupid role

Matt Smith’s entire major US film career comprising as “possessed of bad guys” between Genisys and this and hopefully anything he does in the future would be a funny note in cinema history

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

This movie is gonna be bad but amazing to watch.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

ChaseSP posted:

This movie is gonna be bad and bad to watch.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

That plot summary sound a lot better than "The First Order slowly flies behind the Resistance until the Resistance runs out of gas."

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bogus Adventure posted:

We're going to find out that Lando is the real villain. He set this all up because Han lost his ship and he wants to have sex with L3 in the astrogation console.

:nws:

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

this is honestly the best thing to come out of the entire star wars franchise

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's going to be a mess regardless, because as you say, there was not a coherent vision for these three movies

There wasn't one for the original trilogy, either.

The Cameo posted:

Matt Smith’s entire major US film career comprising as “possessed of bad guys” between Genisys and this and hopefully anything he does in the future would be a funny note in cinema history

David Tennant didn't exactly set the world on fire when he left Doctor Who to try to make it in Hollywood, either.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Timby posted:

This defense worked out pretty well for Mass Effect: Andromeda, it'll definitely work well here.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
in the big space battle do you think the mega star destroyers will have more than like four guns this time?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Timby posted:

Maybe not, but it felt like it meshed better than the last two movies have

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Yeah the trilogy where the villain betrayed and murdered the hero's father and tongues the heroine only for the father to get retconned in the second and a sister in the third absolutely meshes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Those spoilers are doing a better job at hyping me about this train wreck than any trailer has.

Bring on Matt Smith hamming it up. I’m loving ready.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
I can't wait for the thrilling conclusion to the story of Rey, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, and the other characters that probably exist too but I've forgotten about

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Just hyperspace some sort of craft into Uncle Palp's "body" to destroy him and be done with it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I mean, I think that all sounds pretty fun and entertaining, I can't wait to watch Matt Smith chew some scenery, the Rey and Kylo fight going through different locales sounds interesting, and it's a hell of a lot better than loving time travel (lol at people pretending that would be better and wouldn't relentlessly make fun of if it actually happened).

I'm more hyped now than before I read it.

The only thing I'm hesitant on is Palpatine remaking the Death Star II? Like, using Force Powers to reconstruct it? That sounds...weird. Has he always been able to do construction? That would have made making it in the first place a little easier, one would think.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Darth TNT posted:

LOL,rose did so well crashing into Finn they promoted her.

it's easy to advance in an organization with roughly a dozen people in it

also lol at all the times "the First Order ambushes our dumbass heroes, but [future action figure x] arrives and saves them" appears

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
It's actually incredible that JJ structured his entire career in order to eventually land Star Wars, and when he got it, he barely had a single original or coherent idea

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
In general these spoilers sound loving awesome and I am 100% here for Rey and Kylo having a trippy Newtype lightsaber duel that projects them across time and space. Y'all need to get a better sense of taste :colbert:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

JJ's the dog who caught the car. That said, being a basically hollow instrument to apply gloss to whatever the studio wanted was a precondition for getting the job in the first place in the pre- and post- rian eras

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

thrawn527 posted:

I mean, I think that all sounds pretty fun and entertaining, I can't wait to watch Matt Smith chew some scenery, the Rey and Kylo fight going through different locales sounds interesting, and it's a hell of a lot better than loving time travel (lol at people pretending that would be better and wouldn't relentlessly make fun of if it actually happened).

I'm more hyped now than before I read it.

The only thing I'm hesitant on is Palpatine remaking the Death Star II? Like, using Force Powers to reconstruct it? That sounds...weird. Has he always been able to do construction? That would have made making it in the first place a little easier, one would think.

Size matters not. It’s just like building a big lightsaber. In SPAAAAAAACE.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kylo and Rey fighting across the entire series of films is poetry.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I can't wait for Kylo to say "At last, the Star Wars are over. The galaxy is at peace"

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Lol whoever put together that “leak” copied the “Sheev raises the Death Star” plot point from a fan poster posted to Reddit about a month ago:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

If Palpatine possesses Matt Smith, I hope we get to hear Ian's voice coming out of him (even though that's not how possession works since you didn't bring your vocal cords with you)

Because MacDiarmid's ham and Smith's flailing about would be amazing

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Hey, I found a pic of Matt Smith as a Knight of Ren!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
If that's true, then drat Sheev REALLY believes in this Death Star plan. He's like a sports coach whose game plan won him one game at team 1 then totally failed after that once opposition coaches figured it out. But he gets picked up by 2 more teams and tries to implement the exact same game plan with both of them while constantly getting hammered.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

thepokey posted:

If that's true, then drat Sheev REALLY believes in this Death Star plan. He's like a sports coach whose game plan won him one game at team 1 then totally failed after that once opposition coaches figured it out. But he gets picked up by 2 more teams and tries to implement the exact same game plan with both of them while constantly getting hammered.

The Death Star cannot fail, it can only be failed.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

The Death Star is the Uncle Rico of doomsday weapons.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

And here I am thinking the Force Unleashed Star destroyer bit was as ridiculous as it would get.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

thepokey posted:

Palpatine is.... Rex Ryan???

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Palpatine is.... Rex Ryan???

Does he have a bizarro foot fetish?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Why is it that Palpatine seems genuinely badass in ROTJ as he drips with pride and malice, just chewing the scenery, but post-scarring ROTS Palpatine just seems cheesy, like the actor is clearly hamming it up?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think there's a non-zero chance that after the reception of TLJ and Solo, the two disney films without death stars, it was concluded that all star wars must have death stars going forward

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Flavius Aetass posted:

Why is it that Palpatine seems genuinely badass in ROTJ as he drips with pride and malice, just chewing the scenery, but post-scarring ROTS Palpatine just seems cheesy, like the actor is clearly hamming it up?

George Lucas got way worse at directing, or at least wasn't working with the right people

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

thrawn527 posted:

Having part of the story take place in a live-action version of the World between Worlds from Rebels would've been cool and good :colbert:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

overmind2000 posted:

George Lucas got way worse at directing, or at least wasn't working with the right people

I wonder how much of this was from Lucas being mildly butthurt that people didn't like Jar Jar.

teagone posted:

Having part of the story take place in a live-action version of the World between Worlds from Rebels would've been cool and good :colbert:

Including anything from Rebels would be cool and good. Rebels is a show that stumbled a bit coming out of the gate, but really got good once it found its footing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
why is the second death star on a jungle planet? it had better be the moon of Endor...