Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Stravag posted:

Whatever happened with that facebook livestream shooting thing in philly a few days ago? I remember it was happening and then it just went away so im assuming noone was shot

6 cops got shot but not seriously wounded, suspect is in custody, being charged with attempted murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bibi's wife is psycho

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

current event: I wish you all good fortune in the protests to come

discussion at the detainment thread I guess

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3893071

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Don't worry america, you can still look across the pond and see another "civilized" country freak out about immigrants and not feel as bad (you should still feel bad)

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/status/1163125981500059648?s=19

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
brexit will never cease being funny

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Rasputin didn't die, he just changed his name to Alan Moore.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1163480578815139840

Every day is just a new moment to be astonished

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

EBB posted:

Rasputin didn't die, he just changed his name to Alan Moore.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Last night on the strip I saw a man holding a sign out of a rental car in two languages.

"We come from China, and we stand with Hong Kong!"

:unsmith:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I guess SOMEONE doesn't want enough good citizen points to earn themselves a low-apr credit card when they get back :colbert:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Don't worry america, you can still look across the pond and see another "civilized" country freak out about immigrants and not feel as bad (you should still feel bad)

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/status/1163125981500059648?s=19

that tweet is awfully close to the no migrants ad from children of men

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Every day I remember he loving exists my hate recharges and it gives me the strength to hate him some more. God bless donald trump I say

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

one day mooore

another day, another tweet to read
this never-ending road of lies and greed

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I just want brexit to go through so the UK can gently caress off to the dust bin of history

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

FINE, have this then

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1163495866612822017?s=20

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 19, 2019

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

copchat in detainment thread, in case anyone else forgot

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Former Virginia National Guardsman Joshua Yabut was found not guilty by reason of insanity Monday in Nottoway County court.

https://wtvr.com/2019/08/19/joshua-yabut-not-guilty/

quote:

"He did not have the mental capacity to understand the wrongfulness of his actions at the time that he took them," Yabut's attorney Amy Austin said outside of court. "[He] will be evaluated at Central State Hospital to determine what the extent of his mental illness is at this time and whether he's a danger to himself or the community."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Brute Squad posted:

Former Virginia National Guardsman Joshua Yabut was found not guilty by reason of insanity Monday in Nottoway County court.

https://wtvr.com/2019/08/19/joshua-yabut-not-guilty/

This is the dude who got up to 70 mph highway speed in an M113 derivative, so :911: to him.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
How the hell did they sink THAT hole-in-one?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
they probably argued that anyone in is mentally handicapped

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Willingly got in an M113 variant.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mlmp08 posted:

Willingly got in an M113 variant.

You don't know how hard it was to not mention He Who Shall Not Be Mentioned when I wrote that.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Everyone says 113 but I know they mean the Gavin

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
A couple Proud Boys got convicted of assault, and now the Proud Boys are threatening the Jury.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Fine people

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Throw them in jail. Dispose of key

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

CommieGIR posted:

A couple Proud Boys got convicted of assault, and now the Proud Boys are threatening the Jury.

Let's prosecute them too for loving intimidation.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Wasabi the J posted:

Let's prosecute them too for loving intimidation.

oh boys will be boys

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Let’s not ruin their lives. They are still young and can change.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

LingcodKilla posted:

Let’s not ruin their lives. They are still young and can change.

Jail is supposed to rehabilitate people. Let's put them there so they can change.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Chichevache posted:

Jail is supposed to rehabilitate people. Let's put them there so they can change.

But I heard that jail can radicalize you. Best to just let kids grow up. They’ll change by the time they turn 30.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Vasudus posted:

brexit will never cease being funny

My favourite bit at the moment is the Galileo satellite system. It's taken decades of blood sweat and tears to get it all funded and actually launch something, and it was just starting to pay off when Brexit happened. Now they're spending $90m on a feasibility study for their own system (Not only infeasible but also completely pointless)

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

AhhhhhhhhhhHhHHhHhhhhHhh

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Everyone says 113 but I know they mean the Gavin

Should have taken an AeroGavin

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

so does anyone else think he was disappeared back to israel and trump let it happen

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bc that makes the most sense to me

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Jaguars! posted:

My favourite bit at the moment is the Galileo satellite system. It's taken decades of blood sweat and tears to get it all funded and actually launch something, and it was just starting to pay off when Brexit happened. Now they're spending $90m on a feasibility study for their own system (Not only infeasible but also completely pointless)

Is Galileo the ESA's boondoggle version of GPS?

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Yeah. The wiki would have you believe the concept sprang up fully formed in 1999 but even around 2006 my lecturers were telling us what a dog it was.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

bc that makes the most sense to me

"Eliminating loose ends" seems likelier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Jaguars! posted:

Yeah. The wiki would have you believe the concept sprang up fully formed in 1999 but even around 2006 my lecturers were telling us what a dog it was.

I see they replicated their airline business model and charge people for the useful version.