Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Zwiebel posted:

Does Fire Emblem even have canon? I thought it was like Final Fantasy or Zelda in that they aren't really connected.

A few of the games follow the same characters, like Ike has 2 games and Marth has a couple. FE 7 is a prequel to 6 also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

It’s like Final Fantasy, except they’ll usually devote about 2 games to a setting before moving on to a completely new one.

e;fb

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Zwiebel posted:

Does Fire Emblem even have canon? I thought it was like Final Fantasy or Zelda in that they aren't really connected.

FE1, 2, 3, their remakes, and Awakening all take place in the same world. Others are paired (FE4-5, FE6-FE7, FE9-10), some are standalone (8, Fates, 3 Houses so far).

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Zwiebel posted:

It certainly doesn't have cannon

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Woolie's stand that gets his OCs into fighting games keeps getting stronger. At this rate, he will be in Smash.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Woolie's stand that gets his OCs into fighting games keeps getting stronger. At this rate, he will be in Smash.

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this. It's a weirdly recurring thing.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Who got announced for what now? Is this about Snake in Tekken?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Dabir posted:

Who got announced for what now? Is this about Snake in Tekken?

This is about Older Woolie just being in Tekken 7 and also another cool woolie-centric character in the new guilty gear trailer

https://twitter.com/karikoritene/status/1158198219442130944

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1158192976905981954

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Now I want to draw Woolie as Louis XIV with a big dreadlock wig going "I Am the Fighting Games"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Finally checking out the metal wolf chaos xd video. This whole chain of events started because James Small got scared of Woolie and Matt bodying him in 3rd strike, so he showed them metal wolf chaos to distract them.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
apparently somehow Maximilian was never exposed to Akatsuki Blitzkampf and thus never discovered the Blitztank, his reaction is adorable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHFVFMv7zpI&hd=1&t=114s

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't believe that the SBFP complilation guy has been doing highlight videos of Chip Cheezum and Retsupurae videos and I especially can't believe that he's roasting ProtonJon about his near-decade long LP of Superman 64.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgdfcsaLr6Q

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

RareAcumen posted:

near-decade long LP of Superman 64.

what

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ProtonJon started a Superman 64 LP nine years ago on Jun 17, 2010. Ostensibly still continuing, his last update was Feb 25, 2017.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
20 minutes of wanting to suck an anime boy's dick

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh lol listening to the cast from last week and they're really unironically embodying the "so nice evo lets us go to bed early on the last day" and not even mentioning smash. That's a shame since ultimate is far more entertaining and watchable than any of the previous ones and everything except grand finals (because mkleo completely mind broke tweek by the time he reset the bracket in the top 8 was fantastic. Surprising at how diverse the roster for the top 12 was too.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh lol listening to the cast from last week and they're really unironically embodying the "so nice evo lets us go to bed early on the last day" and not even mentioning smash. That's a shame since ultimate is far more entertaining and watchable than any of the previous ones and everything except grand finals (because mkleo completely mind broke tweek by the time he reset the bracket in the top 8 was fantastic. Surprising at how diverse the roster for the top 12 was too.
They discussed Smash this week don't worry.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Ultimate's still new and not completely solved like Melee was

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

All fighting games are solved, you just press enough buttons to make their health go to zero while not letting yours get to zero.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Roth posted:

Ultimate's still new and not completely solved like Melee was

melee isn't solved, it'll be a problem forever

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dabir posted:

melee isn't solved, it'll be a problem forever

:drat:

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoqGLPR2Jgk&t=55s

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

:3:

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/1163143735804334081

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pat: Dan Rykert is the dumbest mother fucker alive

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/1163166235439390720

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

If u don’t know a bumblebee in ur life, you’re the bumblebee.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Tae posted:

Pat: Dan Rykert is the dumbest mother fucker alive

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/1163166235439390720

Dan Ryckert thought egg shells were egg whites and if he cooked them long enough they'd just melt or something.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I feel like Pat's crazy always makes a little more sense with explanation.

Don't know the context of the bumblebee thing, but right now I'm imagining its a "bee vs. bumblebee" kind of thing? Pat certainly knows what bees are, I'm sure?

I say that because in this very moment, I'm wondering if there's some kind of distinction.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Pat thought that air-drying dishes was unhygienic

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Specifically aids

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Doesn't Pat have some cleanliness neurosis?

Maybe I'm giving him too much benefit of the doubt, but that doesn't seem like the most out there thing. Wet things (can) get moldy. Wet dishes = not good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

This is the guy that keeps a roll of toilet paper in his hand while pissing because "why wouldn't you?"

and then cried when he dropped it in the toilet

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

I feel like Pat's crazy always makes a little more sense with explanation.

Don't know the context of the bumblebee thing, but right now I'm imagining its a "bee vs. bumblebee" kind of thing? Pat certainly knows what bees are, I'm sure?

I say that because in this very moment, I'm wondering if there's some kind of distinction.

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/1163167590581178369

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Okay, that was much crazier then I expected.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

pats spirit animal is a bumble bee

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pat's spirit animal is Other M baby Ridley.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pat's spirit animal is a toilet

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brightman posted:

Dan Ryckert thought egg shells were egg whites and if he cooked them long enough they'd just melt or something.

He also did not know that Pirates stole things.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

MonsterEnvy posted:

He also did not know that Pirates stole things.

Or that Metal Gear Solid is both political and anime as gently caress. Dan doesn't/didn't know a lot of things and they're all pretty hilarious. I'm not saying Pat isn't also dumb btw, I just thought people should know that Dan tried to cook egg shells in a pan, and then called his mother when it wasn't working iirc.

This bumblebee thing sounds like one of those misconceptions Pat either thought up as a kid or was told as a kid and just never questioned nor had any reason to bring it up until now. Also yeah, he has OCD issues for real but that's not this, it might explain the dishes and the toilet paper but yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Bumblebees... bumble kings... hmmmm