Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Time posted:

The trash

That's impossible, I'd've found them already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tubgoat posted:

That's impossible, I'd've found them already.

You might have to check a graveyard, I think they were Entombed. :v:

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

the twitter thread for that is surprisingly positive

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Elyv posted:

i too am shocked that the target market for nerdy leggings and people who post in this thread are two divergent groups

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Elyv posted:

OK but how about the reddit thread

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

In case anyone gives even the slightest poo poo about Standard Shakeup (I do, the basics look nice), I went 6-0 with stock Bant Flash, replacing the Cutthroat with the green/blue color hosers.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Did he end up with his own photoshoot?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Actually, those leggings should make it much easier to avoid baring one's asscrack!

Assuming you can get them all the way up, I suppose.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Chill la Chill posted:

OK but how about the reddit thread

I spent approximately 1 minute skimming it, it looks like mostly jokes with a slight side of positivity

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Lone Goat posted:

which one does she not like?

the vraska ones look too much like a Halloween costume apparently

She’s really into street/alternative fashion tho (pastel goth, Lolita, mori kei etc) so she’s probably not representative

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

nobody likes your stupid loving hairpick logo, Mark

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the vraska ones look too much like a Halloween costume apparently

She’s really into street/alternative fashion tho (pastel goth, Lolita, mori kei etc) so she’s probably not representative

Oh, that's Vraska? I thought it was Molder Slug.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Nice, I can go to no-gi BJJ and also show my love of MTG at the same time. That's the target market for this right? Grapplers who also like magic? :v:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Drewjitsu posted:

Nice, I can go to no-gi BJJ and also show my love of MTG at the same time. That's the target market for this right? Grapplers who also like magic? :v:

gonna wear them to the gym to show my Giant Growth'ed rear end

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

MikeCrotch posted:

gonna wear them to the gym to show my Giant Growth'ed rear end

I think you actually want this effect then.

I think I'm also hideously dating myself by making that reference.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I said this elsewhere, but what really bothers me about this isn't just that I think it's ugly (as someone who doesn't really get to call women's fashion ugly or not). It's the whole idea of taking multi-piece outfits and screen printing them onto a single piece of clothing reminds me of extremely lazy cosplay/costumes and seems incredibly tacky. The yoga pants have that issue but this dress on the right is the absolute worst example:

Also out of all the clothing shown I actually think the Jace robe is fine but mostly because it reminds me of what Balrog wears in SFV.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Katana Gomai posted:

In case anyone gives even the slightest poo poo about Standard Shakeup (I do, the basics look nice), I went 6-0 with stock Bant Flash, replacing the Cutthroat with the green/blue color hosers.

Same except Esper control, and the 4th wrath, bell-haunt, 2 Lilis, some counters and the 1UU lady walker in place of Teferis. The 1UU lady was actually really good.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

suicidesteve posted:

Same except Esper control, and the 4th wrath, bell-haunt, 2 Lilis, some counters and the 1UU lady walker in place of Teferis. The 1UU lady was actually really good.

at first I was going to be all sarcastic about narset being a good card and then I realized you meant mu yanling

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I wish magic had a logo that wasn't the stupid one they settled on years ago. I still don't understand why they went with that weird symbol to be the Planeswalker logo.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Elyv posted:

at first I was going to be all sarcastic about narset being a good card and then I realized you meant mu yanling

Narset was already in the deck.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Aranan posted:

I wish magic had a logo that wasn't the stupid one they settled on years ago. I still don't understand why they went with that weird symbol to be the Planeswalker logo.

A little known part of Magic lore is that Planeswalkers are granted a pick upon sparking to ensure a glorious hairdo after traversing the blind eternities.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hrrrngh I'm trying to sneak into Bolas' citadel but I'm too dummy thicc and the clap of my rear end cheeks keeps alerting the dreadhorde

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

AlternateNu posted:

A little known part of Magic lore is that Planeswalkers are granted a pick upon sparking to ensure a glorious hairdo after traversing the blind eternities.

Explains why teferi is now messing around with time. He wants to go back to when he had hair

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

ilmucche posted:

Explains why teferi is now messing around with time. He wants to go back to when he had hair

His hair situation is actually better now than it's ever been, though

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

JerryLee posted:

His hair situation is actually better now than it's ever been, though

looks like it's about the same it's ever been

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Drewjitsu posted:

I legit know 3 people who plan on doing just that lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Lone Goat posted:

looks like it's about the same it's ever been

That's top tier art/flavour text

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

suicidesteve posted:

Narset was already in the deck.

psht, how many female 1UU walkers can there possibly be in standard

(also I still think mu is a good card that is going to see no standard play because she's overshadowed by the fact that two top 5 walkers are both 3 mana and blue and legal in standard currently)

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

who's older than who, relatively speaking, amongst the plainswalkers? Is that supposed to be teenage jaya ballard? I thought she was really, really old, or something.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

resistentialism posted:

who's older than who, relatively speaking, amongst the plainswalkers? Is that supposed to be teenage jaya ballard? I thought she was really, really old, or something.

I think that's Jhoira?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
It's pre-immortality Jhoira, yeah.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Never would have thought arena would be one of those games lol

quote:

At Gamescom today we were excited to announce that we'll be bringing MTG Arena to millions more players around the world. And that all starts with Epic. This winter we'll be partnering with Epic to bring MTG Arena to the Epic Games Store on PC, and shortly after we'll be introducing a Mac version. We'll have more info on both as we get closer to the release dates.

What does this mean for existing players?

Nothing changes for anyone currently playing Magic: The Gathering Arena. When MTG Arena launches on the Epic Games Store, it will continue to be available for direct download from MTGArena.com. Existing players on the Wizards platform will not be required to create Epic accounts.

Will MTG Arena be exclusive to Epic Games on PC?

We are thrilled to be partnering with Epic to expand Magic's reach to new gamers from around the world. The Epic Games Store will be our exclusive third-party PC download partner (you will still be able to directly download the game from MTGArena.com).

Can friends play together if they download via the Epic Games Store or directly through the MTG Arena site?

Yes, you will be able to play with one another regardless of where you downloaded the game.

What about other platforms?

The plan has always been to bring MTG Arena to millions of players around the world. Currently, we're fine-tuning the game during its Open Beta on PC, but bringing the game to the Epic Games Store will be a great first step in taking Magic to new places.

After our launch on Epic, we will follow shortly after with a release for Mac.

In the meantime, if you haven't yet tried MTG Arena, now is a great time to get started. Simply visit MTGArena.com to learn more and download the best way to play digital Magic.

Read the full announcement from Epic Games here.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

booster packs are the original microtransactions

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Never would have thought arena would be one of those games lol

wotc does seem to be operating on a tight budget latey (mostly wrt tournament support), not surprised they welcomed the money

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

booster packs are the original microtransactions

but are they lootboxes?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Rinkles posted:

but are they lootboxes?

There's an argument that they're not in paper or on MODO because they have some kind of secondary value (though I think that just means they're actual gambling in addition to being lootboxes), but on Arena boosters are pretty clearly lootboxes.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The physical packs are not considered gambling because this stuff all got litigated with baseball cards and case law now says that physical trading cards aren't gambling.

If countries pass anti-loot-box legislation that could open it all up to being re-litigated though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

my post was a joke, if that was unclear