Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Well, we could do it later on Sunday, or on Monday... OK, I'm gonna be honest here... This might not meat with approval (and it's OK if you guys aren't into it) but I would sort of love doing something like this:

Yeah, I used a title generator and it's a bit silly and the rug pattern makes the letters a bit crazy to read; what of it?

But really, I think that would be kinda perfect for a time slot, and I hope people approve. Twin Peaks has a sort of... midnight movie campiness vibe to it, or it always has for me. Midnight on Saturday night has NO conflicts with any TV time slots whatsoever. And I dunno about the rest of you, but when I do have plans on Saturday night I''m usually home by then, but that might have more to do with me approaching my mid-thirties - just writing that feels terrifying *shivers*. The one possibly amusing conflict for me is that I actually DO go to midnight movies sometimes and it's usually a Saturday (or Friday) but it's not exactly a weekly occurrence.

Anyway, feel free to throw that time-slot completely out the window if y'all think anything on a friday or saturday night is just absurd, really. I do think there's some morbid irony to it, though - after all, at the lowest point of Season 2 ABC did move Twin Peaks to a Saturday Night time slot, kinda like stomping on something to make sure it's dead? Anyway, it's something we should now celebrate, perhaps.

Oh, and I know this has been mentioned, but whomever does end up doing the livestreaming (I'm not sure if I'm reliable enough for the job or not) definitely needs to make sure the Log-Lady intros from the run on Bravo is included, though - because those are wonderful and should've been optionally integrated into the Netflix/Amazon streams somehow, I don't care how impractical it may be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I would be very down.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Yeah saturdays could work.

But screw it, here's a (non-binding of course) poll: On which night should we hold the rewatch?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

El Jeffe posted:

Maybe I'm the only one, but I think I'd prefer a time slot that doesn't conflict with new eps of other shows. Maybe Monday nights or just a different time on Sundays or something.

Why would you need to watch other shows when reruns of Twin Peaks exist?:confused:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I wanna watch twin peaks again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I can't do a live-watch but if we get a week to discuss each episode I'm absolutely 100% down since I can watch my Blu-Ray when I get a chance and then catch up with the thread. This is exciting!

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Wow holy poo poo I was only half serious but god drat yeah lets do this

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Yea, live watch might be tough for me, but I own all the DVDs and I'm down to watch in sync with whatever the thread does.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Would be great if we kept all discussion in the thread though. That way people in different time zones (who get kinda screwed by a live watching setup, to be frank) don't miss out on anything. Plus maybe I'm uncharitably assuming things here but I'd rather not watch Twin Peaks with a frantic chat stream going off to the side.

Don't really have a horse in the race though as I've rewatched it all only recently so I might join in only sporadically and repost my comments and thoughts from that time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh I hadn't assumed it would be anything other than posts being made in the thread itself.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There’s no version on streaming that has the log lady intros, is there?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

No, but the intros on their own are on YouTube.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Oh I hadn't assumed it would be anything other than posts being made in the thread itself.
Yeah like I said I'm jumping to conclusions, I'm just prejudiced about sync watching setups I guess :shobon:

Doesn't everyone have the definitive gold box with all the log lady intros? I thought that was the standard for OG Twin Peaks physical media. They're practically giving it away these days as well.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeah like I said I'm jumping to conclusions, I'm just prejudiced about sync watching setups I guess :shobon:

Doesn't everyone have the definitive gold box with all the log lady intros? I thought that was the standard for OG Twin Peaks physical media. They're practically giving it away these days as well.
I've got the Entire Mystery Blu-Ray set and that has the Log Lady intros.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Over the weekend, I finished the return season after watching seasons 1 & 2 and Fire Walk With Me. My girlfriend lent me her copy of the final dossier written by David Frost which I read through in one go. It was my first go at watching the show. I'm still piecing it all together and haven't read any fan theories just yet.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bobby is definitely starting to go gray in the pilot, which makes me feel better about seeing him in the Return and feeling impossibly old (I am impossibly old).

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

I'm cool with whatever time for livewatching since I can view on my phone

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Has Lynch ever said anything about 4:3 ratios and the tyranny of tv screens? I’m sure somebody watched Twin Peaks on a portable tv back when it was new.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Portable tvs owned

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

When I was a kid my parents took me to Disneyland and the hotel had a counter-mounted three-inch tv that you could watch on the toilet. That has been the high mark for opulence for me ever since.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/DAVID_LYNCH/status/1164220644290023424

What could this be???

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

https://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-from-z-to-a-collection/

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Looks like it's a complete collection of the original show + The Return + Fire Walk With Me + Missing Pieces. It's apparently gonna also have a 4k disc with the Pilot and Episode 8 of The Return on it.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

Looks like it's a complete collection of the original show + The Return + Fire Walk With Me + Missing Pieces. It's apparently gonna also have a 4k disc with the Pilot and Episode 8 of The Return on it.

Nice. Pilot + s3e8 are great choices for a 4K treatment, too. I would've expected FWWM, but these are even better for it IMO

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Well, there's my Christmas list sorted out

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

:lol: "Sitting in front of the red curtain will be an exclusive die-cut acrylic figure of Laura Palmer kissing Special Agent Dale Cooper. This acrylic figure comes inside a plastic display holder held in place by magnets."

This box set is probably gonna cost a fair bit

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I'm assuming the right image is the international version "coming later"

So that will be the version you can import for $50 a year or two from now.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

wa27 posted:

I'm assuming the right image is the international version "coming later"

So that will be the version you can import for $50 a year or two from now.

It's a cheaper set but it's actually this:

"Several weeks prior, on October 15, 2019, CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment will also release Twin Peaks: The Television Collection on Blu-ray and DVD, which includes all three seasons plus previously-released special features."

So it's probably missing at least FWWM and the 4K disc and the newly made special features that the fancy big box brags about

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
No that's a separate set that's coming out a few months earlier(October), and it's only the original series and The Return. The big set has Fire Walk With Me and the Missing Pieces, plus that 4k disc.

Goddamn you all are too quick.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Was Season 3 not already released in 4k? Coulda sworn it was.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Nice! That'd be an excellent package for anyone who wants to get into the show but has never seen it (or has but doesn't own it).

zelah posted:

Was Season 3 not already released in 4k? Coulda sworn it was.
It was not! 1080p on Showtime's site/app and only came out on Blu-Ray.

I wish I had a UHD player for that pilot/episode 8 disc, goddamn.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

So when y'all want to start this rewatch? This Saturday? Maybe wait a week or two to try and get more people on board?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

El Jeffe posted:

So when y'all want to start this rewatch? This Saturday? Maybe wait a week or two to try and get more people on board?
I'm good with this Saturday if everyone else is

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Basebf555 posted:

That’s disappointing the whole thing isn’t in 4K. I would have considered it then. I would have been happy just getting FWWM and all of season 3 in 4K.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 21, 2019

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Get in while you can! Though with 25,000 units it may be 25 years
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1164301018584064000?s=21

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m guessing that in two years there will be a version of this in a regular box that goes for $50?

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I'm down for a Saturday rewatch. I have to work early on Sunday but I'm usually sleep deprived for that shift anyway so let's dooooooooo it

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

I haven't read anything other than the OP to avoid spoilers. I have seen the first two seasons and Fire Walk With Me before but not Missing Pieces. I don't have the time to go back through everything and am wondering if there is a good primer to jog to my memory before delving into The Return. I've watched the Red Letter Media re:View episode on Fire Walk With Me; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd1bbjXCfyY, which I felt did a good job of touching on various things.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

I'm a sucker. I secured my 1 of 25000 copy :0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Chiming in to say that I am up for a re-watch starting this Saturday as well.

As for that box-set, I wish that existed without the die-cast figure...it kills me because that version includes "unedited versions of a number of the musical performances at The Roadhouse Bar from A Limited Event Series"...

Peacoffee fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 22, 2019