Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
We all paid 10 US dollars to post on an internet forum. We define table 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'd probably end up in 9 tbh

it's definitely the nerd table

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

FractalSandwich posted:

not only did we pay 10 dollars to post on an internet forum, we're posting in the gaming subforum, it is our curse and burden

Eddain
May 6, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

I know firsthand that you don't need any preexisting support for Lysithea, at least. Not getting her C beforehand did lock me out of doing her support with Byleth completely, though, which seems silly.

I'm on Golden Deer and I had recruited Ashe pre-timeskip but he left me post-timeskip, and when I beat him with Byleth I got the option to persuade him back to my side.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

FractalSandwich posted:

Yeah as much as I love El, I'm not a cool goth I'm with the depressed kids.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FractalSandwich posted:

no question about it

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Andrast posted:

yeah i'm pretty sure if you shoved table 8 and 9 together you'd get roughly my friend-group in high school. bunch of nerds and shut-ins.

table 10 is absolutely all the kids i did theater with though

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Andrast posted:

Buncha goons itt thinking they're cool enough for table 8

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Locking dark seals behind the Death Knight is doubly hilarious with how worthless they are, having Dark Mage/Bishop be locked to males means pretty much only Hubert and Hannerman will get any real use from them.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

So I've done blue lions and I'm running through Edelgard's route right now. I'm probably going to only do one more after and I'd really like some answers for a lot of questions I still have! Should I do golden deer or the church route? Which one gives a more complete picture of the world and why the events of the game are happening?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Miftan posted:

So I've done blue lions and I'm running through Edelgard's route right now. I'm probably going to only do one more after and I'd really like some answers for a lot of questions I still have! Should I do golden deer or the church route? Which one gives a more complete picture of the world and why the events of the game are happening?

Deer by far. If nothing else Claude is very much an audience stand in because when all this weird poo poo happens he's like "But why?" And keeps asking why til he finds out.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Miftan posted:

Those last two routes are the lore routes so either works fine. You should do Deer though because Claude is cool and rad.

E:

FractalSandwich posted:

That's more of a table 6 thing imo.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Im a sad 9.

Anyway, can anyone tell me if Marianne ever appears in the Edelgard route? Or did I miss killing her

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Judge Tesla posted:

Locking dark seals behind the Death Knight is doubly hilarious with how worthless they are, having Dark Mage/Bishop be locked to males means pretty much only Hubert and Hannerman will get any real use from them.

The big galaxy brain strat is to make peeps master Dark Bishop now to have Lifetaker for a New Game Plus Lunatic run.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Im a sad 9.

Anyway, can anyone tell me if Marianne ever appears in the Edelgard route? Or did I miss killing her

Marianne doesn’t appear in any non GD route if you don’t recruit her, iirc.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Successfully completed Gronder Field part 2 with Bernadetta still alive! I didn't want to recruit her again, but I couldn't bring myself to kill her. :shobon:
So I just let her plink away at some of my squishier team members and had Mercedes heal them each round. Their pain was a sacrifice for the greater good!

Unfortunately, the battle was not without casualties, as Ignatz and Raphael boldly suicided themselves against Byleth's sword, despite the fact I was only there to knock out Claude, not kill him. Dummies.

also lmao hi Fleche, you weren't obvious at all :rolleyes:
e: also lmao at Byleth not resetting time despite standing right there, sorry Rodrigue, guess you're not cool enough to warrant using one of my 12 resets.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Sitting with my 2 beautiful boys and one honorary boy at table 3

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Alois, flipping my chair around sitting on it backwards while I make dad jokes at any table that will have me before giving up and retreating back to teacher's lounge when everyone ignores me, possibly making a last ditched effort to get a response to a Jeralt anecdote I've already told a dozen times, at table 3 on the way.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

RoyalScion posted:

Mmm, that's uncomfortable.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

...How did I not know until just now that you can actually set goals for units yourself in the Goals menu? :downs: This whole time I thought that was just to review goals that have been set.

RoyalScion posted:

Oh... :smith:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Mmm, that's uncomfortable.

It just goes to show how much of a positive influence Byleth has on people.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lysithea has been a huge disappointment do far lol

Gain mag drat it

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

She’s got a 60% growth that only gets higher once she gets into a magic class! Talk about getting screwed

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My Dedue keeps getting speed.

I am nearing advanced classes and he is consistently quadding people

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

RBA Starblade posted:

Lysithea has been a huge disappointment do far lol

Gain mag drat it

Whenever I run into characters that don't gain stats I dump boosters into them and it seems to kickstart growth. I know it's just RNG but it has worked for me 100% of the time!

I used her on my BE-E game and she was good, but didn't wow me like I expected. She was good enough to take one of my coveted deployment slots though, so even mediocre she is pretty useful.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Andrast posted:

My Dedue keeps getting speed.

I am nearing advanced classes and he is consistently quadding people

The better to serve His Highness.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
All is well with my BL Lysithea so far after a spirit dust and a magic herb and the warlock cert (now at 26 mag)

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

https://twitter.com/KimoVestra/status/1163545650195308544

I’d wanna hang out with 10, but I wouldn’t have the confidence and I’d just end up at 8. Then when I got older, I'd realize that table 1 was where I actually would have belonged.

Like to think I'd be cool enough for 3 but I know 8 is my people

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rhea calm down holy poo poo

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

Rhea calm down holy poo poo

It's such a great contrast to go from the stock holy pope character to screaming loudly and handing out death sentences left and right.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The biggest problem Lysithea has is that her head scarf clips through the back of her Gremory dress.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Judge Tesla posted:

It's such a great contrast to go from the stock holy pope character to screaming loudly and handing out death sentences left and right.

to be fair, she transitions to that from "ordering death sentences calmly"

and this is without me siding with edelgard

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Judge Tesla posted:

tbf that's like the other stock holy pope character

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mulderman posted:

Lady Rhea!

Drafted SO MANY dudes from other classes half of the original Blue Lions guys aren't seeing action. Ashe is still level 9 and I'm nearing the timeskip.

For the Golden Deer I'm thinking about not recruiting anyone. 'Cept Bernie. Bernie always gets to come along.

I recruited so many people I said the same thing about my next playthrough. But actually I'm loving the interactions post-timeskip, and how many of them acknowledge they have left their house to come help you. Unique dialog for it too. Some of it is so specific that I imagine different routes might have different things to say and now I kinda want to see them all, even if means I don't fight them.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

https://twitter.com/KimoVestra/status/1163545650195308544

I’d wanna hang out with 10, but I wouldn’t have the confidence and I’d just end up at 8. Then when I got older, I'd realize that table 1 was where I actually would have belonged.

... What is the Lysithea Flayn connection here. They can't even do supports.

Also on my Deer route I poached Petra and she is super anti-Edel. If anything she belongs on the "I like to kill animals" table, number 3.

Burn table 6 and 9 to the ground to make room for Manuela + Hanneman, and Shamir + Catherine

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Parfaits befitting the Black Eagles, Blue Lions, Yellow Deer, and the Holy Flayn Alliance.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

... What is the Lysithea Flayn connection here. They can't even do supports.

They both look younger than everyone else and have a 'don't treat me like a kid!' thing going on.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

golden bubble posted:

Parfaits befitting the Black Eagles, Blue Lions, Yellow Deer, and the Holy Flayn Alliance.

:discourse:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

3 because it probably has the least amount of stress or drama and Raph/Leonie are solid, sane, good-humored people who like to eat and Caspar probably is a fun Xbocks buddy. 10 too popular, 8 too depressing, 2 is a CW show full of booze and regrets waiting to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sit at 5 and rend your clothing while crying to the heavens about the vengeance you will one day have

Dedue's there too

I feel like at some point Dedue is going to slap some sense into Dimitri considering the extra turbodeath he got to deal with in comparison