Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Sphyre posted:

ole will be fired before the end of the year

i sure hope not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Just popping in to say

Top of the league.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Settling in for the credits/props for my toxx

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Weaponized Cum posted:

Oliwan gets permabanned if they tie, right?

oliwan posted:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Pooshited
Pogbad
Etc.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

oliwan posted:

I remember you saying it would be "an easy one for Wolves", did they win the game?

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

oliwan posted:

hell,

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Also blessed be Neves for helping my fantasy league points

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1163549444618543106
https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1163548302329208832

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I'll take a point at Wolves away at the beginning of the season.

Poogba.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It's easy to point fingers at Pogba's penalty miss, and tbf he shouldn't be taking them if Rashford is on the pitch, but what the gently caress was Lingard doing again all match long? He completely fluffed a very good opportunity in addition to generally being poo poo once again. The highlight was his last act in the game: receiving a throw-in and mishitting immediately back out again for a Wolves throw-in.

It's gonna be a long loving season with him and Mata as United's no 10 choices...

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
nice job by carra to contain his laughter here

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1163556833937809408?s=21

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Paul Pogba? I’d rather have Paul Hollywood taking my penos haha

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
what's wrong with Jamie carragher lol

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

oliwan posted:

This gonna be an easy one for wolves. United suck. Ban me me if United win tonight :toxx:

Well, he dodged it narrowly.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Ole was too chickenshit to sub anyone earlier than 78 minutes

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
It is pretty wild that a club with Man U's financial resources has so few attacking options. Are there any players out with injury that will be returning soon, or was tonight's squad all there is?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

trem_two posted:

It is pretty wild that a club with Man U's financial resources has so few attacking options. Are there any players out with injury that will be returning soon, or was tonight's squad all there is?

They sold Lukaku and are in the process of selling Sanchez. So yep that’s it.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

trem_two posted:

Its Pogba’s fault. All of it.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Der Shovel posted:

It's easy to point fingers at Pogba's penalty miss, and tbf he shouldn't be taking them if Rashford is on the pitch, but what the gently caress was Lingard doing again all match long? He completely fluffed a very good opportunity in addition to generally being poo poo once again. The highlight was his last act in the game: receiving a throw-in and mishitting immediately back out again for a Wolves throw-in.

It's gonna be a long loving season with him and Mata as United's no 10 choices...

Lingard is weird. His touch on the ball at high speed can be like some phenomenal glue, allowing him to ghost past defenders in ways I rarely see, and hes also capable of dropping out of a match completely. Man U have a team of forwards who are unplayable on their day and ghastly otherwise.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
26 year old Jesse Lingard has a total of 17 goals and 10 assists in his entire Premier League career for Manchester United. “Unplayable on his day” is not a phrase I’d ever imagine being used to describe him. What even is this?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

ozmunkeh posted:

26 year old Jesse Lingard has a total of 17 goals and 10 assists in his entire Premier League career for Manchester United. “Unplayable on his day” is not a phrase I’d ever imagine being used to describe him. What even is this?

Every time I watch United, he shows a knack for being at the right time and the right place to score a jammy goal. I don't follow United regularly, though.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Brony Car posted:

Every time I watch United, he shows a knack for being at the right time and the right place to score a jammy goal. I don't follow United regularly, though.

He’s one of those kind of players who get a lot of games for his club and country while not ever doing anything well consistently.

See also Sami Khedira

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

ozmunkeh posted:

I was thinking more Martial and Rashford, should have been more circumspent. Lingard mostly manages to score the rare crucial goal.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

oliwan posted:

nice1 bro 👏🏻

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

blue footed boobie posted:

They sold Lukaku and are in the process of selling Sanchez. So yep that’s it.

It's worth noting that both of those names are extremely bad attacking options.

E:

On Lingard.

https://twitter.com/oilysailor/status/1163543959412629504

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Aug 20, 2019

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Lingard has a knack of scoring in high profile matches which helps massage his stats I think.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its weird that lukaku not scoring all the goals in a poo poo man utd team has somehow made people think he's a bad striker

players don't score 15+ goals a season regularly in poo poo teams

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Lukaku is going to score a poo poo load for inter as man Utd are a steaming pile of garbage

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jose posted:

its weird that lukaku not scoring all the goals in a poo poo man utd team has somehow made people think he's a bad striker

It's more Lukaku putting on a ton of weight, missing a million blatant sitters, being as mobile as a concrete pylon and generally having the workrate of a dead horse.

In his day Lukaku was amazing, and could still be if he pulls his thumb out and puts in the work again. It's obvious he wasn't willing to do that at United, and therefore he's a bad striking option for United.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the #pogboom mutiny has already begun a month ahead of schedule, united are #pogdoomed

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
lukaku can finish and he's strong but boy is his control and passing absolute garbage

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Eau de MacGowan posted:

the #pogboom mutiny has already begun a month ahead of schedule, united are #pogdoomed

Apparently a bunch of geniuses on Twitter and Instagram decided that doing a massive racism at him was just the thing.

It's 2019 ffs.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

CyberPingu posted:

Lukaku is going to score a poo poo load for inter as man Utd are a steaming pile of garbage

they really are op

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Jesse Lingard is a worse Danny Welbeck scoring or assisting in the prem once every 230 minutes vs 172. Marcus Rashford is a better Danny Welbeck scoring or assisting once every 153 minutes vs 172. Martial is better than both of them providing a goal or assist every 140 minutes. Lukaku is even a step beyond that at 123. If you remove Lukaku's time at Chelsea and Everton he still averages 140 minutes per goal or assist. Selling/Loaning and being rid of Alexis seems like a big mistake as well, because the Utd attack if there's an injury goes from iffy to pretty bad.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Didn’t Lingard handle a throw in by kicking it out of bounds as his first touch last night or am I thinking of someone else?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

West007 posted:

I'll take a point at Wolves away at the beginning of the season.

Crazy to me top clubs are happy escaping Molineaux with a point. How far they’ve come in such a short time.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

tao of lmao posted:

Didn’t Lingard handle a throw in by kicking it out of bounds as his first touch last night or am I thinking of someone else?

Yep

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
United just happy to be in the premier league, and taking a point at wolves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Jesse Lingard is a worse Danny Welbeck scoring or assisting in the prem once every 230 minutes vs 172. Marcus Rashford is a better Danny Welbeck scoring or assisting once every 153 minutes vs 172. Martial is better than both of them providing a goal or assist every 140 minutes. Lukaku is even a step beyond that at 123. If you remove Lukaku's time at Chelsea and Everton he still averages 140 minutes per goal or assist. Selling/Loaning and being rid of Alexis seems like a big mistake as well, because the Utd attack if there's an injury goes from iffy to pretty bad.

i knew there was something very danny welbeck-like about man utd's front three but i couldnt quite put my finger on it, you've really hit the nail on the head here