Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I too have had pretty great results with Geico. They totalled my wife's problem Altima that had a blown head gasket (the 2.5 with the known failure engine that lovely Nissan failed to admit and refused to address until it was out of most original customers' hands) from a hit & run parking lot bash that was completely cosmetic to the trunk and spoiler and hardly even noticeable since it was black, and gave me $6200 miles since it was in otherwise great shape. Car was worth maybe $3200 on the market if I'd tried to sell it since everyone's did the same thing and everyone knew about the problem.

Let's put it this way: I still have Geico and I'll never buy another Nissan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I had fireman's fund prior to their exit from the California market.
Their claims were amazing and completely painless. OEM only parts, agreed value on everything -- limiting fights -- etc. They made only one major claim painless as were my minor claims. I hear they were amsolute dicks if you were the other car, but they treated their customers amazing.
They also charged a bit more than average, but it was worth it for me. I miss them.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KillHour posted:

I know this is probably against the popular opinion, but the one claim I had with Geico went super smooth and the shop they recommended did a great job.

Yeah I'm worried about having to do a "real" claim with them, but the time I hit a giant pothole at 10pm on the highway and blew apart my rim went pretty well.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Another example of how poorly things are ran at the IRS:

My identity was stolen, and somebody filed taxes using my info. I filed anyway in April, and owed a bit so I sent a check. Turns out I forgot a signature on one of the forms, so they were sent back in late June, but they cashed the check anyway. I resent the forms in again in early July with all the T's crossed and I's dotted. Well, they sent me a letter and a refund with interest on the check I sent in for ??? reasons. I called them again yesterday to get it squared away and owed them the original amount, but "may be charged interest since it's past the deadline" but for now was told I owed the same amount as the original check. They couldn't confirm on the phone whether I'd owe more in interest, so I'll find that out later I guess? I tried to pay right then while still talking to them, but using their own site I could not pay because "failed to verify identity" :v: so then I had to use a 3rd party site listed there (that charges a fee vs using their site for free) to pay my balance. What a clusterfuck.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So the Greenland narrative as I have witnessed so far

Trump says he'd like to buy it.
His bas loves the idea. Resources! Land!
Danish PM says "lol get hosed"
Trumps base calls Denmark a bunch of names.
Trumps base says we should just take it by force.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Geico can suck a dick. Took almost a month to get a reasonable payout for my totaled car after they low balled the poo poo out of me. Only after many phone calls arguing with them then finally threatening legal action did they finally make a reasonable offer, not even a good one really. Their initial excuse for the low ball offer was "paint was chipped and scratched".

Sent them receipts for recent work done, including full TRD suspension that was two months old to the tune of over $600 and they gave me $50 credit for it.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I'm currently with State Farm and my biggest concern is that they wouldn't let me claim a value on my S2000. They said I can show evidence if the actual value is higher but I know that they'll just laugh at me. I should look at Haggerty or whatever it is for it.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

KillHour posted:

I know this is probably against the popular opinion, but the one claim I had with Geico went super smooth and the shop they recommended did a great job.

Geico has been great for me too so far. Wife totaled her car, we got a new one like immediately.
Then someone backed into us, and we had to deal with whatever bullshit insurance is recommended by AARP. It took 2 months to fix a dent.
Then someone rear ended us a month ago and we're STILL dealing with USAA trying to get that fixed.

Humphreys posted:

Funnily enough I was in Rockhampton and already seeing Polaris earlier in the month thought I would have a gander at a smaller show. Long story short, signed LP, merch and photos with supporting acts, caught a Polaris Drumstick and a big old gently caress you to my ex on film in an interview for their up coming 'rise of a band' style documentary.

Funny cos she introduced me to the band initially.

Pete and Pete introduced me to the band originally.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

KillHour posted:

Geico is really hit and miss depending on your claims adjuster, if you're filing a claim against your own insurance.

They're a hard miss if you're the one that got hit by a Geico policyholder. They dodge the hell out of your calls, I finally got a response when I basically wardialed the adjuster for a good 20 minutes before she picked up and screamed WHAT?!?!?!?!? I'd been trying to reach her for 3 loving days.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

So the Greenland narrative as I have witnessed so far

Is all a diversion that has conveniently removed the focus from gun background checks.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Geico has been great for me too so far. Wife totaled her car, we got a new one like immediately.
Then someone backed into us, and we had to deal with whatever bullshit insurance is recommended by AARP. It took 2 months to fix a dent.
Then someone rear ended us a month ago and we're STILL dealing with USAA trying to get that fixed.

Same. That show was fantastic and Polaris are a great little band. :3:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Kind of expect that from another party, but when it's your own insurance company that you've had for over two decades dumping shitloads of money into you'd expect better customer service. Highly disappointing and i will be dropping them asap.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Previa_fun posted:

Keith Moon fuckin owned. His drumming sounded like throwing a drum kit down a flight of stairs but in a super precise way.

That’s the best description of his drumming I’ve ever seen.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Brother laser jet turned up, I was in bed with a migraine, when I got up my wife had problem solved a blue stripe down every page, set it up on the network, printed colouring templates for the kids and a knitting pattern for herself, happy all round.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Which model did you end up with?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Darchangel posted:

That’s the best description of his drumming I’ve ever seen.

Haha yeah that’s a good description. Controlled chaos is a term I’ve seen thrown around a lot.

If you want to listen to some of the best rock drumming ever listen to Live at Leeds its phenomenal. I play the drums and it’s impossible to try to play like him, anyone that plays will tell you the same thing, he’s an anomaly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I mean, yeah it's obviously more diversionary bullshit but I'm shocked how fast the Trumpers jumped to "let's invade sovereign territory."

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

slidebite posted:

Which model did you end up with?

DCP-L3510CDW, it's chonky but quiet. Going to rearrange the living room and tidy the bureau up so it can actually be used as a desk, it'll be nice to have somewhere to actually sit rather than laptop on the sofa.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Welp, just got back in the office from round 2 of chemotherapy. She felt miles better after the first round last Tuesday (probably mostly in part due to the steroid and anti-nausea IV's they give beforehand) and we met with the physician's assistant while the lab ran her blood. Then she left to get the results and came back in with the doctor and he just opened the door and stared at us and went "Guys, your lab work compared to last week looks EXCELLENT!" Apparently her liver functions have improved drastically after just the first treatment (the breast cancer had made the liver one of its new homes and there were several tumors on it) and he said he has no reason to believe that the treatment isn't working well. It's obviously going to be a long road, and the future is still an unknown, but we're riding on a bit of a high right now.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Congrats man, that's such good news.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Great news!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Hooray! That's great news.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

That's nice to hear, may the good news continue.

Rearranged the living room, I just want to open every drawer and tip them all into a bucket and throw all this poo poo away, my wife is terrible for keeping rubbish. Every flat surface on bookshelves and the tops of things? Covered in something. I started and discovered 14 magazines we've had delivered and not read, cancelled that poo poo right away. They're the freebies with the camping club membership but if we not reading them why are we having them delivered? A bin full of receipts for everyday shopping, no end of brochures and leaflets for past holidays etc. Big bin's full, going to keep the momentum and carry on tomorrow.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

cakesmith handyman posted:

That's nice to hear, may the good news continue.

Rearranged the living room, I just want to open every drawer and tip them all into a bucket and throw all this poo poo away, my wife is terrible for keeping rubbish. Every flat surface on bookshelves and the tops of things? Covered in something. I started and discovered 14 magazines we've had delivered and not read, cancelled that poo poo right away. They're the freebies with the camping club membership but if we not reading them why are we having them delivered? A bin full of receipts for everyday shopping, no end of brochures and leaflets for past holidays etc. Big bin's full, going to keep the momentum and carry on tomorrow.

My man, you are describing my house but then throw in 5 and 6 year old girls who have more toys than a daycare center and imagine the chaos. We had a garage sale and made $500 selling old stuff and old toys for less than a dollar an item and then I took 2 full Suburbans full of decent stuff to the Salvation Army, and then threw out the rest which took two weeks of large bags at the end of the driveway. It’s about 25% better looking here after all that.

Modus Man fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 21, 2019

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Hate to say it but one of the best things about getting divorced was no longer dealing with a clutterbug. My place gets dusty before it gets cluttered.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Yeah we've got a 6 and a 9yr old but they're not the major source of clutter. Hence planning the garden office building for her craft stuff to go in. I'm forbidden from referring to it as the hormone dome so now I'm calling it the crafty crab.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

cakesmith handyman posted:

Yeah we've got a 6 and a 9yr old but they're not the major source of clutter. Hence planning the garden office building for her craft stuff to go in. I'm forbidden from referring to it as the hormone dome so now I'm calling it the crafty crab.

Uh, excuse me. It's a she shed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffs4gSJjjV4

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

LloydDobler posted:

Hate to say it but one of the best things about getting divorced was no longer dealing with a clutterbug. My place gets dusty before it gets cluttered.

Every day since we got married is one where we end up with another decorative throw pillow/kitchen tchotchke. At least she has the good taste to avoid anything that says "gather" in cursive. :negative:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

fknlo posted:

I'm currently with State Farm and my biggest concern is that they wouldn't let me claim a value on my S2000. They said I can show evidence if the actual value is higher but I know that they'll just laugh at me. I should look at Haggerty or whatever it is for it.
Look at Grundy, same coverage as Hagerty but for me it was about 1/3 the price.

T-Square posted:

Welp, just got back in the office from round 2 of chemotherapy. She felt miles better after the first round last Tuesday (probably mostly in part due to the steroid and anti-nausea IV's they give beforehand) and we met with the physician's assistant while the lab ran her blood. Then she left to get the results and came back in with the doctor and he just opened the door and stared at us and went "Guys, your lab work compared to last week looks EXCELLENT!" Apparently her liver functions have improved drastically after just the first treatment (the breast cancer had made the liver one of its new homes and there were several tumors on it) and he said he has no reason to believe that the treatment isn't working well. It's obviously going to be a long road, and the future is still an unknown, but we're riding on a bit of a high right now.
Good to hear man, always good news when the doctor is excited about labs.

Getting sick of how slow and unreliable our AT&T modem/router combo is so I'm router shopping. Anyone have recommendations for a good one? Gaming and streaming use mostly. The farther under $200 the better.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I've had enough of sitting 25m from a running steel press so I came in early, picked my stuff up and went into an office with a free desk "I work here now, *supervisor* requested it"

They have a toaster and do crosswords at lunchtime, I'll see how long this lasts.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Both wife and I are on the same page about not acquiring too much poo poo and hoarding. Regular trips to Salvation Army are what we try to do. With kids, we're finding out it's a bit harder since they seem to need so much poo poo. But at least we're not like her coworkers that literally have a basement filled with toys that are strung out everywhere. :v: Or like the houses we see in the neighborhood that have the garage door open and poo poo is just piled to the ceiling. Our house isn't super huge (tiny basement, 3BR) so there's not much room or storage for excess crap. I like it that way, forces us to think about if we really need something in the first place.

Granted we're building onto the garage for more parking and storage but I don't think it'll change a whole lot. Hopefully.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Residency Evil posted:

Every day since we got married is one where we end up with another decorative throw pillow/kitchen tchotchke. At least she has the good taste to avoid anything that says "gather" in cursive. :negative:

How many "Live Laugh Loves" do you have be honest

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I like to think my mother started that trend. She is the queen of labels and instructions. She is also a hoarder.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

opengl128 posted:

How many "Live Laugh Loves" do you have be honest

Like 93% of the houses for sale have at least 1 of something like this.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I thought I had a lot of useless poo poo when I gathered it all in the new empty apartment, and then the girlfriend moved in a couple months later :stare:
I threw a ton of my poo poo out, got a desk and bookshelf, and we'll be getting another desk for her eventually. It's a little better, but there's still a few boxes of her crap in the way, but we got our lovely news literally a week after she moved in, so we've had other things to worry about.

Also, my friend's wife has a "Live, laugh, poop" decorative thing hanging on the bathroom wall :laugh:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

All the house stuff I have fits into 2 rooms easily.

...it's just the 4 cars and all the associated tooling that goes with them that requires all the space.

Nobody makes houses with triple garages and only like 3 rooms though for us habitual car tinkerers.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My previous house had a Love is spoken here sign that the previous owner forgot that I immediately took down but apparently forgot to throw away because 7 years later after buying a new house my wife hung it up in my garage

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The only thing we've got is a little thing saying a house is not a home without a cat but I'm really surprised there isn't a lot more

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

My ex had a cross stitched spunking cock in her toilet and a plaster model of her naked torso sat atop her piano. She was an interesting sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

bird with big dick posted:

My previous house had a Love is spoken here sign that the previous owner forgot that I immediately took down but apparently forgot to throw away because 7 years later after buying a new house my wife hung it up in my garage

Cross out "Love" and scribble in "CAR".

fridge corn posted:

The only thing we've got is a little thing saying a house is not a home without a cat but I'm really surprised there isn't a lot more

My brother-in-law's family got us this, framed:

I hung it up immediately. I like my brother-in-law's family.