Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

zoux posted:

I'm almost entirely sure that Trump's Greenland obsession is Mercator projection related

https://twitter.com/Tanya_Chen/status/1163576230366629891

I never knew motorcycle accidents left one so lovely and lethargically ravishing. I thought they were a lot more bloody and horrifying! I learned something today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Get you the protection offered by a color changing helmet.

I imagine dating an instagram influencer is exhausting and so, so stupid

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

zoux posted:

I'm almost entirely sure that Trump's Greenland obsession is Mercator projection related

https://twitter.com/Tanya_Chen/status/1163576230366629891

https://twitter.com/parsfarce/status/1163805279953281024

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Aramoro posted:

I know this is a bit like 'just buy expensive shoes' but buying whole chickens can be really good. Roast it all or break it up into parts, roast the crown, use the thighs for a risotto, save the wings, make the carcass into some soup.

Usually I lop off the breasts and save them and then the rest goes into the soup pot. Plus the leftover stock from that can be used to whip up some quick and delicious meals.

Generally, weight for weight, it's not more expensive than just buying the cuts and depending on how you use the whole chicken you may get more actual meals out of it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What kind of LV screen do the LEGO pollsters use.

I'm halfway between "this is just to panic boomers" but probably a ton of kids want to grow up to be youtube stars, which is also terrible. It's all terrible for all generations!

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

PurpleXVI posted:

Usually I lop off the breasts and save them and then the rest goes into the soup pot. Plus the leftover stock from that can be used to whip up some quick and delicious meals.

I got very confused here.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

zoux posted:

I'm halfway between "this is just to panic boomers" but probably a ton of kids want to grow up to be youtube stars, which is also terrible. It's all terrible for all generations!

The British and American kids have far more realistic expectations than the Chinese ones.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

zoux posted:

Let's be fair, that's the best career American and British kids could hope for.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Fister Roboto posted:

The British and American kids have far more realistic expectations than the Chinese ones.

yeah, any dipshit teen with a moderate amount of charisma has a shot of being a minor youtube lordling. meanwhile the chinese kids are listening to state propaganda as china touts their space program to prove that they are among the elite tier of superpower nations, despite that being so 20th century

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Shut up Meg posted:

I got very confused here.

Same actually.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

zoux posted:

Like how a lot of kids wanted to be movie stars. It seems like the natural next step.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

China doesn't have youtube.

I don't have kids because I'm wise, but my friends with kids constantly describe the nightmare that is kid-oriented youtube content. Last year I spent a week with my folks at the same time niece was staying with them, and she was a normal, rambunctious (irritating and loud) 6- year-old, because my mom doesn't let her watch youtube. When her mom showed up, she handed her a phone and she spent the rest of the time watching youtube, which was troubling but also peaceful.

Anyway all these kids are going to grow up with Finger Family brain worms and strong opinions on Spiderman assaulting Elsa

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
you have to use the youtube kids app which is a walled garden of not completely insane content, otherwise it is a broad wasteland of procedurally generated videos

within the safe confines of youtube kids you don't get finger family or cocodrilo nonsense but there's a lot of ryan's toy review and blippi

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If I were a modern child, I would simply watch history documentaries on Youtube, thus learning.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

PurpleXVI posted:

Alright Amazon warrior.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

No joke, my aunt used to breed dogs and still has a website for it, on which she has published an anti-vax screed about how vaccines cause immune problems in puppies and you shouldn't vaccinate your dog and there's no rabies in Alberta, it's fine.

Spoiler: there is, in fact, rabies in Alberta and the briefest of googles confirms this, so I have no idea where she got that idea.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

At least one of those YouTube wanting kids will grow up to become another Techmoan. Trying to glean some positivity...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

At least one of those YouTube wanting kids will grow up to become another Techmoan. Trying to glean some positivity...

Most of them will become race realists

https://twitter.com/kittywenham/status/1163533450655219714

Can't wait for part two "Men Call A Painting a Stuck Up Bitch"

zoux has a new favorite as of 16:26 on Aug 20, 2019

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

zoux posted:

Man, why do so few British kids hope to be astronauts? What, is it just because the UK does not and never has had a manned space program?!

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

RoboRodent posted:

No joke, my aunt used to breed dogs and still has a website for it, on which she has published an anti-vax screed about how vaccines cause immune problems in puppies and you shouldn't vaccinate your dog and there's no rabies in Alberta, it's fine.

Spoiler: there is, in fact, rabies in Alberta and the briefest of googles confirms this, so I have no idea where she got that idea.

parvo is like that menigitis thing you can get as a teenager where they amputate your arms and legs to cure it but you cant do that to a dog so they die a miserable death as a puppy. cut your aunts arms and legs off.

zoux posted:

to be fair to the british 99% of youtube gamer personalitys are british. They also have more streamers then most countrys. Most you tube stars and streamers are european because who knew having a social saftey net to help you while you persue a weird niche career can help you suceed. granted all the big streamers are american or immigrated to america because rich euros are all the same and hate the saftey net that got them where they are.

if bernie is given god powers over american law i look foward to all the rich tax dodging streamers moving to china and getting heavy metal poisoning or re educated.

snergle has a new favorite as of 16:33 on Aug 20, 2019

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I also suspect its partly because the average idiot american finds ANY accent from the UK exotic and refined despite how common or hilarious it actually is
Like there's so many generic british dudes getting hundreds of thousands of subscribers just to read other people's content and stories in their voice

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

snergle posted:

to be fair to the british 99% of youtube gamer personalitys are british. They also have more streamers then most countrys. Most you tube stars and streamers are european because who knew having a social saftey net to help you while you persue a weird niche career can help you suceed. granted all the big streamers are american or immigrated to america because rich euros are all the same and hate the saftey net that got them where they are.

if bernie is given god powers over american law i look foward to all the rich tax dodging streamers moving to china and getting heavy metal poisoning or re educated.

Ninety nine percent

https://twitter.com/pewdiepie/status/1163778709268176896

Cryptofascist the Pewdz is gonna get a billion likes on his marriage tweet

zoux has a new favorite as of 16:54 on Aug 20, 2019

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Angry Salami posted:

Man, why do so few British kids hope to be astronauts? What, is it just because the UK does not and never has had a manned space program?!

Well there was one guy a couple years ago that was on the ISS as part of of the ESA. My manager said his six year old had pulled up all of the sofa cushions and packed them around her to simulate the Soyuz command module as she'd seen on the news, it was pretty cute.

Good thing nothing is going to jeopardise Britain's membership of joint European science programs!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Cleretic posted:

There's something uniquely hilarious about people who try to bring law into internet arguments, this fun combination of totally misunderstanding both the stakes and the law. I recently had someone in a comments section try to say that I should stop calling CDPR transphobic (for, you know, all the transphobic social media posts and that really awful 2077 advertisement) because I could be sued and found guilty of slander.

I actually bothered looking up what constitutes slander after that, so he actually managed to teach something that day, although it clearly wasn't something he knew either.

I once had cybernats try to convince an former SNP Member of Parliament to sue me for making a Hamilton reference. Apparently, if you call someone a motherfucker, you are literally insinuating that they have carnal relations with their parents.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Can YOU decipher wtf these Prager U graphics are decrying

https://twitter.com/ASlavicViking/status/1163840598748610560

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Apparently i can feed off of suffering and injustice to extend my lifespan immeasurably
Dennis Prager on his lich game

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Hmm, spoiler tags around a tweet don’t hide it. How do I make it not auto display?

Nsfw, Renaissance painting breasts.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

zoux posted:

Most of them will become race realists

https://twitter.com/kittywenham/status/1163533450655219714

Can't wait for part two "Men Call A Painting a Stuck Up Bitch"

This is hilarious, but man those replies.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Captain Monkey posted:

Hmm, spoiler tags around a tweet don’t hide it. How do I make it not auto display?

Nsfw, Renaissance painting breasts.

You simply post it, as I did, on this very page.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

RoboRodent posted:

Her rear end. She pulled that idea out of her rear end.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bargearse posted:

Ignoring the obvious cat, they’re asking $250 for that? I’ve seen furniture in better condition than that left by the side of the road for the garbage truck.

My grandmother is currently trying to sell her horrendous 1970s glass dining table for $500 when she’s be lucky if anyone would come get the thing for free. Old people don’t always have the best grasp on what things they have sentimental attachment to are worth

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/shariaprelaw/status/1163484987661979648?s=19

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

get really bad ear infections as a kid and have tubes put in twice and then have scarring on both eardrums so that you're down to 70% hearing and it sounds like a TV that's turned on but not hooked up to an input whining 24/7 :thumbsup:

as a side effect you might get perma-yellow teeth from tetracycline, too? well i guess not as much anymore

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

My grandmother is currently trying to sell her horrendous 1970s glass dining table for $500 when she’s be lucky if anyone would come get the thing for free. Old people don’t always have the best grasp on what things they have sentimental attachment to are worth

Everything a boomer has ever purchased in their life was purchased with the consideration for resale later. That's why they all gave china cabinets; it's an investment!

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Welp, that's it for Destiny I guess.

https://twitter.com/zei_nabq/status/1163620147644588035

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

RoboRodent posted:

A few of my colleagues did a study a few years ago and found that the incidence of rabies in Alberta bats are not as high as once suspected (or not significantly higher than in other wildlife or some such similar conclusion). Could be a misunderstanding of that report.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There aren't any rats in Alberta.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

No one acknowledges provincial borders quite like rodents

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Mak0rz posted:

A few of my colleagues did a study a few years ago and found that the incidence of rabies in Alberta bats are not as high as once suspected (or not significantly higher than in other wildlife or some such similar conclusion). Could be a misunderstanding of that report.

I almost adopted a dog from out of state. Then I called them and he had heart worms and the lady started ranting about how the "big pharma vets" would try to give you medicine but just take give him this essential oil routine. Sorry lol buddy, cant take a dog with untreated health problems cause crazies exiwt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mak0rz posted:

No one acknowledges provincial borders quite like rodents