Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

FactsAreUseless posted:

Isn't there already a Japanese one? I think it's on Netflix. I guess it's about the game but not set in the world though.

Dad of Light owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
UNlimited free trial for FF14? Don't mind if I do

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

AverySpecialfriend posted:

UNlimited free trial for FF14? Don't mind if I do

3k+ people in queue on some random server... Nothx. Maybe next week

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

AverySpecialfriend posted:

3k+ people in queue on some random server... Nothx. Maybe next week
The servers crashed, it should be good tomorrow. They're doing maintenance now.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I haven't played every final fantasy but shadowbringers is my favorite final fantasy story now, its some real good stuff.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bums me out its an mmo because theres no feasible way to replay it and if I ever wanted to in 10 or 15 years you probably couldnt... should just remake 14 as a single player rpg with the same assets.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Bums me out its an mmo because theres no feasible way to replay it and if I ever wanted to in 10 or 15 years you probably couldnt... should just remake 14 as a single player rpg with the same assets.

A shitload of people still play 11

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

I saw someone say they might be considering the latter and there's some Shadowbringer party mechanics which point to it. It would be cool but I have absolutely no idea if it's based on anything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Shadowbringer party AI is funny bc they coded all the party members according to their personalities instead of just being good at the dungeon. So since Alisae is Headstrong, she purposefully walks into every enemy attack lol. If you bring the wrong party composition everyone will just kill themselves constantly and make the dungeon miserable

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

The Shadowbringer party AI is funny bc they coded all the party members according to their personalities instead of just being good at the dungeon. So since Alisae is Headstrong, she purposefully walks into every enemy attack lol. If you bring the wrong party composition everyone will just kill themselves constantly and make the dungeon miserable

I never had trouble with them getting hit by stuff but i was tank.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

I think that they are adding something called New Game+ where you can replay entire segments of the main story if you want, albeit with all your current abilities. at least that will exist while the game is alive

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
but it will have mmo gameplay which isnt possible to make good cos everything is on like some sort of insanely slow global metronome and their income comes mostly from people whove failed the life test and are just about to drop out of society entirely

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ever hear of an Off Global Cooldown Ability?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Ever hear of an Off Global Cooldown Ability?

i havent but ill stand by my point anyway

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
btw, gonna go ahead and clarify , not everyone playing those things probably falls into that category of person either. but those guys shoulder the financial burden and just like in life they are probably loving useless at videogames

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

put it all in the 15 engine square, i dare you

then you could really do all the cool jumping around stuff people do in cutscenes

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

are any of the modern ports of 8 or 9 any good or should I just do the originals on ps1?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

are any of the modern ports of 8 or 9 any good or should I just do the originals on ps1?

all of them except the steam version should be good... i know the switch one is anyway. i dont like the steam one cos they made the backgrounds look like poo poo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I played 8 and 9 on PS3 and both seemed good to me

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

but it will have mmo gameplay which isnt possible to make good cos everything is on like some sort of insanely slow global metronome and their income comes mostly from people whove failed the life test and are just about to drop out of society entirely

Yeah I tried to get into 14 but the standard mmo gameplay loop is pure aids to me.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Sounds like a totally accurate depiction of pick up groups imo

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

They had to downgrade the graphics in 9 for it to run on ps1 or something, if you emulate it it looks waaaay better

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Sharkopath posted:

emulate them and then fast forward thru the boring parts like 20 minute long summoons in ff8

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The 9 remaster is good, and 8 has one coming soon.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

where is the parasite eve 1/2 remaster square.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just remembered didn’t they lose the rights to the name or something

Just imagining a version of parasite eve 2 that plays like the re2 remake

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They announced a really nice looking remaster of 8 at e3 so wait imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

first raid tier of shadowbringers is out...but i havent finished msq yet :negative:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this song has been stuck in my head since i did this trial though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSSKndu1zHc

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I just started Shadowbringers and it's intensely rad.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

first raid tier of shadowbringers is out...but i havent finished msq yet :negative:

The very first raid battle has a moment I just couldn't stop laughing at, its real worth it.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I want to play this but I’m only like 1/3 of the way into Heavensward MSQ and I just can’t make it through. Is there still no option to skip the earlier stuff

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I want to play this but I’m only like 1/3 of the way into Heavensward MSQ and I just can’t make it through. Is there still no option to skip the earlier stuff

You can pay money to skip right to the start of shadowbringers but I really wouldn't recommend it because its built on the back of everything that comes before.

I'd even say if you don't like heavensward you might not end up liking the game because its one of the high points.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah the only part of the game I didn't enjoy in some capacity was 2.x so if you're through that and hanging out with Estinien fighting dragons and still not liking it then it may not be worth it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

how long would it take me to get through the lovely content to get to the good expansion stuff. I have the base game from a humble bundle so if we're talking biting the bullet and putting in 20 hours I might do it some time

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

how long would it take me to get through the lovely content to get to the good expansion stuff. I have the base game from a humble bundle so if we're talking biting the bullet and putting in 20 hours I might do it some time

You have to do all of the original ARR content including the patches leading up to heavensward. Without knowing any of the maps and playing mostly blind plus skipping some cutscenes I think it took me around 40ish hours. The first 20 or so levels are kind of a slog. The game is gorgeous though and it plays very well. I was kind of disappointed to see when I came back this time that they got rid of the cross class thing where you would level other jobs to get certain skills for the job you wanted to main. I thought that was really neat

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Kinda fell off World of FF. The battles are super tedious and slow even with the speed up toggled on. Was in the stage where they take away your normal pokemon and force you to use some lovely robot pokemons instead. By the time I got my normal dudes back my desire to play the game was pretty much dead.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Oh poo poo, that remaster of FF 8 is coming out Sept 3rd.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

man nurse posted:

Oh poo poo, that remaster of FF 8 is coming out Sept 3rd.

Is it just digital only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Finally playing FFVI for the first time. Just got out of Zozo, and it's pretty drat good so far.