Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

get that OUT of my face posted:

i also assume that the dutch government is "leftist" in the same way that the new danish government is
Hahahaha if only.
The ruling coalition is p much every right wing party that isn't (officially) racist. 2 out of hem are officially socially conservative as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
nothing like some fascist songs to get you in the mood for bullfighting

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/11/fascist-anthem-chanted-as-bullfighting-returns-to-mallorca

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Bullfighters are turds

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Salvini has just toppled the pm

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

cool fascist italy 2.0

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jose posted:

March on rome 2.0 here we come

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Lawman 0 posted:

March on rome 2.0 here we come

owned

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jose posted:

he was practically the prime minister in everything but name to begin with

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

So how long until Italy invades Libya again.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jose posted:

movimento 0 stars

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

it would be hilarious if this backfired on salvini but it wont

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Does Salvini and the League have a chance of forming government with new elections, even if polling at first?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the league is polling at 38%, which i have to imagine is unprecedented in italian politics

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Electronico6 posted:

Does Salvini and the League have a chance of forming government with new elections, even if polling at first?

seat projections give their coalition sans the five star movement 413/630 so.......... yeah

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

seat projections give their coalition sans the five star movement 413/630 so.......... yeah

Hopefully the Italian military is still as incompetent as it was in ww2

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the five star movement will go down in history as one of the funnier complete political failures tho

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

How many months do you think salvini is gonna wait until he puts southern Italy under military occupation.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the five star movement will go down in history as one of the funnier complete political failures tho

What a disaster

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lawman 0 posted:

How many months do you think salvini is gonna wait until he puts southern Italy under military occupation.

How many vote for him because this would be funny

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

beppe grillo locked up in the same cell as gramsci

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

The Lib Dems going full Brexit to keep the jam man away from No 10 is just as funny.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jose posted:

How many vote for him because this would be funny

That's like a bunch of Northern Italians second deepest darkest desire with their first desire being wishing they were still Austrian.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

it's been a very stupid movement from the get-go. anyone could have seen them collapsing the instant they got any kind of real power

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

It still throws me off that north Macedonia is a thing now

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Perhaps, but no one is more incompetent at fascism than Italians.

Lawman 0 posted:

It still throws me off that north Macedonia is a thing now

And there were still people angry about the compromise not being enough in Greece lol.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
this does not automatically mean new elections though, thank gently caress for parliamentary form of government. a new government can be made if a majority is found without going to new elections, and it looks at least possible that m5s and pd could find common ground.

this would be deceptively good because salvini is on the backfoot and a. people in his party have been showing signs of discontent which might explode into full blown revolt if he shows them that he got outmaneuvered out of power, b. a lot of his political clients are new and not well consolidated, appointments can be reversed, so hitting him there another good way to hit him where it hurts (if he cant show his people they get appointments and power and money and bitches if they follow him theres good reason to find a better one). c. if hes no longer the minister of the interior he cant go campaigning around on state dime and have the political police's thugs protect his rallies like he did before, so he could actually face a modicum of organized resistance, further tarnishing his reputation.

ffs the guy got his communication and pr staff consultancies at the ministries so weve been basically subsidising his campaign the whole way. if he leaves govt and a new one is formed he loses that, and he also loses control over state tvs, he can actually be toppled i think.

i know that a lot of this is unlikely, as it implies other political forces have not only the foresight to put such a plan in act but the acumen to do it effectively, but still its a heck of a lot better than dehumanizing myself and facing to fascism.

mortons stork has issued a correction as of 16:56 on Aug 20, 2019

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Serious question: should I just go back to my crummy low wage country and hope the inevitable global fascist takeover ignores me for being a native until someone mistakes me for LGBTQ for never having had any sort of relationship and has me murdered?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

AceOfFlames posted:

Serious question: should I just go back to my crummy low wage country and hope the inevitable global fascist takeover ignores me for being a native until someone mistakes me for LGBTQ for never having had any sort of relationship and has me murdered?

All Italian gay men moved here to Berlin op

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

AceOfFlames posted:

aren't you from like Portugal or something? That's white enough to be an Übermensch in the new fash order in almost every case, especially with fascism now being more popular in the Med and in Eastern Europe than in Germany (for now). Also, in some countries the fascists love the LGBTQ because conservative Muslims don't, so move to one of those if you're worried about that.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

If it stops you posting in the ukmt then yes

For everyone not aware of aceofflames bullshit he does this regularly in the ukmt despite being Portuguese and living in the netherlands.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
He also did that in the EU thread until people got tired of his poo poo there.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jose posted:

For everyone not aware of aceofflames bullshit he does this regularly in the ukmt despite being Portuguese and living in the netherlands.
I support oliwan's suggestion they move to Berlin then. Sounds like a match made in heaven. :v:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He did admit in ukmt that he's too smart to have friends and his parents told him he's an egomaniac lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jose posted:

He did admit in ukmt that he's too smart to have friends and his parents told him he's an egomaniac lol

whomst among us

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

me

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i don't know or care about drama in other threads, but fascism has always had the element of gay camp to it, so as long as you're white, you should be fine

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/nkulw/status/1163895889318096903?s=19

Dirk Fuckner

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the greens are still more popular, right? AfD seems to be confined to the former East Germany

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

, i barely knew her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

AceOfFlames posted:

this is exactly what they want, for you to end up stuck back in the place you left. Take advantage of freedom of movement while it still exists and travel to a new place where you think you might have a better shot at accomplishing your dreams