Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Low Desert Punk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D002w_IWUo0

here's the Tatanka/Mountie match B&V were raving about. It really is good

it reminds me of the mankind/michaels match in that there is constantly interesting poo poo happening but it is not built around nearfalls at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

rovert posted:

If you want advanced Vince will ruin NXT paranoia Sunday's Wrestling Observer Live will scratch that itch.

Bryan Alvarez rightfully buried the NXT Breakout Tournament Final on today's Bryan and Vinny. ACH and Trevor Lee doing the most boring WWE match possible. Not good. Especially when eventually going against AEW.

Very WWE to feel like the answer to their woes is MORE of the same boring, tired product already on TV for 5 hours per week.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tato posted:

Very WWE to feel like the answer to their woes is MORE of the same boring, tired product already on TV for 5 hours per week.

they think they're putting on a good product. what you see each week is them *trying*

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Speak to me, Warriors:

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1163315291344035845

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Tato posted:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tato posted:

This is 100% 'stick it to Cody and Tony', which is why I hope against hope that AEW beats NXT in the ratings in the first month of head to head because Vince will implode.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

can't wait for Vince to put JBL on commentary for NXT

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I got so excited when Warrior returned :negative:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

can't wait for Vince to put JBL on commentary for NXT

For the opening shots of the Wednesday Night War? No, he'll put himself on commentary.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Gaz-L posted:

This is 100% 'stick it to Cody and Tony', which is why I hope against hope that AEW beats NXT in the ratings in the first month of head to head because Vince will implode.

I don't remember NXT doing good numbers last time it was on tv. Granted it was on like Syfy or something.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CascadeBeta posted:

I don't remember NXT doing good numbers last time it was on tv. Granted it was on like Syfy or something.

It was also a way better show than it was after it became FCW 2.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

"I thought you were dead..."

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I had just started really, truly watching wrestling when this happened, and I had a junior high school friend who was adamant that I was an idiot for caring about Steve Austin and the WWF when the Ultimate Warrior was back.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

CarlCX posted:

I had just started really, truly watching wrestling when this happened, and I had a junior high school friend who was adamant that I was an idiot for caring about Steve Austin and the WWF when the Ultimate Warrior was back.

I remember convincing my parents to get Halloween Havoc 98... gently caress. Though at that point Royal Rumble 90 was the greatest show I'd ever seen.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Some of the turns of phrase Dave uses are really, really unintentionally funny. When he was responding to some asking if Fox was angry Vince went with USA for NXT:

Dave: There’s some egg on their face. But it’s private egg.

I was dying.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
So Alverez says that Raw was good two weeks in a row.

While that's good for Raw fans, am I the only one that's annoyed that Vince will only put out a good product when competition is nipping at his heels?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
it’s annoying but think of the possibilities after AEW beats the living poo poo out of NXT for months straight

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MotU posted:

it’s annoying but think of the possibilities after AEW beats the living poo poo out of NXT for months straight

i don’t see either show hitting a million viewers at any point in their broadcast history

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

hopefully an invasion angle. Who is invading whom, I'm not sure.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

fart blood posted:

So Alverez says that Raw was good two weeks in a row.

While that's good for Raw fans, am I the only one that's annoyed that Vince will only put out a good product when competition is nipping at his heels?

Alvarez was wrong. raw is still bad

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

i don’t see either show hitting a million viewers

but enough about Raw and Smackdown in 2020!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if IMpact could do a million viewers on Spike, I think AEW can hit a million on TNT

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

impact's monday night debut did 2.2 million viewers at its peak. if AEW never hits a million that would be shockingly terrible

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Impact averaged 390,000 viewers on Destination America at 9 on Fridays. AEW should be close to a million, if not over.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

if IMpact could do a million viewers on Spike, I think AEW can hit a million on TNT

Dixie Carter was doing some kind of Neilsen-fu with cheater boxes or something, I've never been more sure of this. Those fuckers were pulling 1.1s on Christmas Day and poo poo.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Dixie Carter was doing some kind of Neilsen-fu with cheater boxes or something, I've never been more sure of this. Those fuckers were pulling 1.1s on Christmas Day and poo poo.

were they counting Live, Live+3, Live+7 and everything in between?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

flashy_mcflash posted:

fans love to gather around the barbed wire christmas tree

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

like a bunker full of TV boxes on an abandoned ranch. The one time Dixie Carter was competent was for some old school Cold War era information disruption.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

fans love to gather around the barbed wire christmas tree

The barbed wire Christmas tree was cool in theory

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

projecthalaxy posted:

The barbed wire Christmas tree was cool in theory

the match was so sad. All three guys looked like they wanted to die and one of them eventually did.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

AEW will probably do a million at least in curiosity alone i guess, i’m deeply biased against NXT so i’ll probably be wrong but i can’t fathom there are even a million people alive today who could enjoy NXT’s main event scene, they need to step away from the scrawny, short dudes and put actual attractions like Keith Lee, Dream, and Riddle in those spots. The only thing NXT does better than AEW right now is diversity, the whiteness of AEW’s men’s division is at an unacceptable level.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

coconono posted:

the match was so sad. All three guys looked like they wanted to die and one of them eventually did.

Shark Boy had already died before the match, which is probably why you failed to remember him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1163965392361943040

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Is Bryan having a stroke?

Am I having a stroke?

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Weekly televised NXT and AEW haven't even started up and he's already having problems coping.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Hey la! Hey la!

I had Norm choke

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Bryan you're not going to beat long dick boy like a sousage so don't even try

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/1163980831607513089

https://twitter.com/StreetDreamer83/status/1163990130396401664

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lance is still in such good shape that it's a mindfuck to remember just how jacked he used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
My favourite Lance is his "gimmick" was that he was that jacked but not on roids. Its funny both because it was a sideways acknowledgement of endemic steroid abuse still and also Lance pretty clearly was roiding.