Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'll also think less of him if he doesn't get help, I just think less of him in general

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydyy-frH1-U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

So the core mechanic that people paid close to $1000 for does not work, but here's the jank filled half finished mess....Promise fulfilled.

Ahh classic CIG, good call Sarsa.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

:reddit:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Aramoro posted:

This thread moves a lot faster than Star Citizen, but I saw this

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/crwxq1/backer_request_an_update_from_chris_regarding_the/exd2m56/

on a thread someone posted. Why do people think this? Elite Dangerous sold 2.75 million copies. No Man's Sky has <2 million sales. But star Citizen is going to have 10 million players? Halo 3 had 10 Million sales, and Star Citizen is no Halo.

It's probably someone with no business sense and very little common sense.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

I was honestly surprised how little I had to edit, this basically edited itself.

:five:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Now the anger makes so much sense.

h3isenbug
Jun 5, 2016

Right Meow!

Mirificus posted:

[...] imagine a game [...] I would be captain [...] I would have a second in command (officer) [...] we would have meetings to discuss if any of the crew were getting out of order and may need disciplining [...] There would be 2 cooks [...] and also luxury food for me, my 1st officer, other officers and favoured crew [...] me and my people use multiple types of ships, weapons and items to defeat the enemy and enslave the survivors [...] I could increase the quality of their food, talk to them and let them out of the cage for short periods to gain their trust, over time I would allow them to have a job and they could then, if trustworthy, work their way up the ranks and even be some sort of 2nd officer on one of my ships one day [...]

So when you talk about SC not having much to do you are very wrong, there is lots to do when you roleplay

¡Ay, caramba!... is that real? Hands down, even generous Gods like him should seek help from a professional therapist.

Or maybe just pledge harder to make his chauvinist's vision of him leading the master race to victory become reality.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Virtual Captain posted:

which is more delicious?
- CIG has to release what they have and declares victory with no need for improvement patches. Chris and project get ridiculed across the entire net for unfinished boring tech demo with bugs so aggressive they make colonial marines look highly polished. Citizens split into into three camps. "It's not that bad, good even", "even though they said no patches I think there is a secret one in the works", and "we were so wrong how did this happen"
- CIG goes dark. Employees show up to locked doors and all the furniture gets auctioned off. Backers camp outside with signs. Servers shutter without a trace and the exe no longer launches. Full length documentaries air on hulu and netflix. Derek publishes his own 10 hour documentary and promises a sequel in July.

Not asking which is more likely. Just working on my hate boner for today

A few really broken backers camping outside the LA offices before getting driven off by the cops could be amusing.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

https://gfycat.com/specificthinleopardseal

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bofast posted:

A few really broken backers camping outside the LA offices before getting driven off by the cops could be amusing.

only if the cops are not star citizen supporters.
which is unlikely!

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

hi guys, time for my bi-monthly check up

is the game out?

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paranoid Peanut posted:

is the game out?

bimonthly: twice a month or every two months.

I am new here, which one is it?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
E: actually I'm wrong

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

every two months, friend.

just lol if you think they're gonna make any progress in two weeks time.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Of course it depressurizes the entire hangar...

(Oh who am I kidding, there isn't any kind of atmosphere system in SC)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Sarsapariller posted:

A gallery of 890J images-

https://imgur.com/a/sL417iH

Intriguingly there are a bunch of pictures of ships in the hangar- so it could be that I stand corrected, and they did get it working! But I think I'll hold off on that particular call until I see it in flight, and also whether you can actually store/recall ships or if it's literally "Here is a flat surface, you can land on it if the ship is stationary, if it moves while you're inside- well, hope you have another ride."

Actually that sounds exactly like something they'd deliver. Hangars are finished!

Something that occurred to me while looking at that gallery, at least the $890 Jump doesn't have those stupid stubby "space wings" CIG sticks on everything.

Granted... that's because they've gone for a "bloated space yacht" aesthetic rather then their normal "metastasized fighter jet", but credit where credit is due.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sample_text posted:

That or they run into the "early game" problem . (again , lol at the "game" but humor me)
CIG add a ton of activities to do........ for early game only (cause new money)
You can salvage........only on foot or in the starter crappy salvage ship.
You can do bounty hunting......in the small fighter.
You can have """"""""""""fun"""""""""" but only by booting up a new character and playing the first 10 or so hours.

"But I'm a whale? Where's the end game? Where's the use for my epic yacht? My hairy roberts? My massive mining vessel?"
"It's still early days bruh. They have to do the pleb content first to draw new money . OBVIOUSLY you knew that, after all, you've been part of this project for how many years now?"

It's really simple: pay for prestige. You offer special quests that cost a shitload to run but that award you with prestige points. The more prestige points you have the more expensive missions you unlock. At 200 points the npcs will call you boss, at 500 captain, at 7000 commander and so on. And, of course, the poors will be forced to crew your ship if they want some points.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cymelion is wrong because I don't have *any* social media to link to the stupid geforce thing even if I wanted to, and I've always been able to sign in to the stupid GeForce thing through every update since they first introduced it.

He's a big dummy.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

It depends. Do you use commas as decimal separators? what should happen when you press ESC in a game?

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paranoid Peanut posted:

every two months, friend.

just lol if you think they're gonna make any progress in two weeks time.

Oh shoot, you got me there, I really didn't think properly about that! :carol:

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

:lol:

That $100 refueling cost for your $890 nonfunctional luxury spaceship is just too perfect. Of course the whales dumb enough to have bought one have already internalized it all and spit out ridiculous rationalizations, all dependent on mechanics that don’t exist and will never exist.

Of course they will be the lords of the ‘Verse, they paid good money for it! Starter ship peasants will be lined up around the block to work menial jobs on their space yacht, and they will transport VIP passengers and get all of the prestigious high paying missions!

These people are too dumb to have money, they deserve to have every penny they own taken by the Crobbler.

But anyway I can’t wait for Couple’s Touring! But only if my girlfriend agrees to go Dutch on the fuel costs.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Paranoid Peanut posted:

is the game out?

Yes it's out. Outstanding!

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

A gallery of 890J images-

https://imgur.com/a/sL417iH

Intriguingly there are a bunch of pictures of ships in the hangar- so it could be that I stand corrected, and they did get it working! But I think I'll hold off on that particular call until I see it in flight, and also whether you can actually store/recall ships or if it's literally "Here is a flat surface, you can land on it if the ship is stationary, if it moves while you're inside- well, hope you have another ride."

Actually that sounds exactly like something they'd deliver. Hangars are finished!

What I'm trying to understand is what in the world is going on with the water reflections (if they are reflections) in this picture.

kw0134 posted:

It's a sign of how impoverished their imagination is. From the perspective of a society that can only dream of a life where space flight is common place, even necessary, the aspects that these "developers" (really, their ad copy people) focus on are the utterly quotidian. Maybe, just maybe, there isn't any good game play ideas about the micromanaging a passenger liner. So don't! Focus on what is fantastical; what is something unique to your universe, not something that can be found in the maintenance manual of a Boeing 737 and the Delta flight attendants duty checklist.

You are flying people in the vast expanses of space. You could create a Transport Tycoon of the 30th century, and I'd play the poo poo out of that. Plot routes that avoid space conflicts. Run excursion trips to beautiful astronomical phenomena. Build an empire of different modes of transport in universe where you can do anything.

But this is all squandered to roleplay janitors in space. Holy gently caress guys, how boring are you?

So, Transport Tycoon crossed with the X series and maybe the passenger transport missions from Elite: Dangerous? That could be interesting.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bofast posted:

What I'm trying to understand is what in the world is going on with the water reflections (if they are reflections) in this picture.

A poorly written shader :cheeky:

The refraction is going further along the Y axis than it should, but everything above-water is still rendered normally, so the reflection goes BEHIND the character, lmao.

E: My favorite part is they didn't properly hide the character, just made their texture invisible, so they still disturb the water texture behind them and you can tell exactly where they actually are. Lmao CIG you clowns.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

Jesus loving Lord O'thunderin' Christ. I forgot about that.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bofast posted:

Lust is on his mind.

The gameplay promises are being fulfilled!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Now you see why our M.I.R.I.F.I.C.U.S. bot links posts outside of r/sc.

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 21, 2019

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Zaphod42 posted:

A poorly written shader :cheeky:

The refraction is going further along the Y axis than it should, but everything above-water is still rendered normally, so the reflection goes BEHIND the character, lmao.

E: My favorite part is they didn't properly hide the character, just made their texture invisible, so they still disturb the water texture behind them and you can tell exactly where they actually are. Lmao CIG you clowns.

Didn't they also do that with that hologram mission giver, was it Ruto? Y'know, in a game where holograms are supposed to be 100% fidelitious, but then people started seeing ghostly reflections and spectral shadows and whoops! tier 0 holograms folks but honestly we're totally 100% legit when we say holograms are real in the 'Verse, ahem.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Nyast posted:

A Citizen walks into a bar. "I realize I don't have any friends or anything, so I'll most likely have to assemble an org myself", he says to the Bartender. "Because, obviously, I want to be at the top. I want it to be MY org", he says.

Another Citizen walks into a bar. ""I realize I don't have any friends or anything, so I'll most likely have to assemble an org myself", he says to the facepalming Bartender. ...

A J4G walks into a bar. "I realize I don't have any friends or anything, so I'll most likely have to give Lowtax :10bux:"

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I haven't been able to follow this thread regularly for a few months now but I legitimately can't believe this scam is still going and they're still feeding it money

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

skeletors_condom posted:

I refuse to believe this is a real person, but then again this is 2019.

One of the citizens made a better set of predictions than any of us (albeit in an indirect manner):

The thread got shut down by the mods. :)

poo poo, I thought she WAS Sandi. I guess that's pretty good proof she isn't!

I remember when I saw her spam shilling on the Failbetter Games forums of all things, and when I called her out on it, another person on the forums went "Hey, I've seen this weirdo doing the same thing in a niche visual novel forum!"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

A core space flight mechanic.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

:centrism:

monkeytek posted:

I see Cymelion is our next candidate for crossing over to serious mental health issues.

Get help Commando, none of us will think less of you.

As if this wasn't exactly what he did over... what was it, joysticks in the space shuttle?

Seriously, he's a moron. I have an Nvidia card, it has always allowed things that are not social media accounts. Always.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

That first line, followed by scrolling past the rest of it, made me laugh pretty hard