Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

nerox
May 20, 2001

theshim posted:

also mother gently caress once again I'm missing the first two days entirely, aaaarghh

I feel your pain brother. My wife has a friend and her husband coming to our house that weekend.

I am not too excited by the legion mechanic. I am pretty pumped about all the other poo poo though. If you can save Niko to run on high level maps, RIP scarab prices I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Zero VGS posted:

It's been 5 seconds and someone already took the names BlightMakesRight and BlightyMouse... welp I've exhausted all my creativity and can't think of anything else.

Ok I got GigaBlight and ElectroBlight I'm proud of my boundless cleverness.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Having fully absorbed everything, I really don't know about the tower d but I am excited for the new archetype revamps and at least the oil system seems both strong but not too complicated. And again, stacking master missions is amazing

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

Also there's a new dagger that gives +3 to the level of All Physical Spell Skill Gems. Not socketed... ALL

Its obviously targeted towards opening up phys spells for CoC but Im guessing this will also bring back spell poison again with the assassin changes.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Tower defense seems very strange for PoE. Very, very strange. I guess depending on balancing it might just be a pure DPS race plus towers but if they don't attack the player then that's just bizarre.

Poison looks like the most fun offhand but I look forward to theory crafting constantly until it finally launches.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Control Volume posted:

Its obviously targeted towards opening up phys spells for CoC but Im guessing this will also bring back spell poison again with the assassin changes.

I mean, two of them with a 6-socket Blade Vortex sounds like it would be fairly absurd in anyone's hands.

Herald of Agony is a Physical Spell, +3-6 levels to that is fuckin' stupid, I can promise you.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
At least its very anti clear speed, but I fear they may have swung too far in the other direction. I hope they at least learned from legion to make the rewards worthwhile

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Zero VGS posted:

Ok I got GigaBlight and ElectroBlight I'm proud of my boundless cleverness.

I got ThePenIsBlightier, which works on many levels, except Poet's Pen being garbage, so it won't actually fit my build. I was going to do AllBlight for my punchman but it was taken. Guess I'll do BlightOfWay.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
So mines are traps now?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cobra Lash looks like Frost Blades But Poison, that's extremely my poo poo.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

This makes it sound like they might have hosed over VD mines which was one build I really wanted to do... they say they give a bonus for chain-detonating mines so you'd be missing out if you use Scold's Automine detonations. Skitterbots probably won't work at all as I assume they're not going to be where you place corpses.

I got the impression that after you push the detonate button they would all queue up and activate in sequence, gaining a bonus for a longer chain. Scold's Automine would probably still work.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Zenithe posted:

So mines are traps now?

Yes, except for the chain gimmick, different supports and, via the ziggy video, they apparently reserve a little bit of mana for every mine out on the field. Also you still have to detonate them

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

nerox posted:

I am not too excited by the legion mechanic. I am pretty pumped about all the other poo poo though. If you can save Niko to run on high level maps, RIP scarab prices I guess.

I'd guess from the interface that master missions are banked per map colour, so you can do the previously T11-15 ones at T16, but you won't be able to save all the early white map ones and do them in red maps later.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I thought mines were generally considered stronger than traps? Seems a bit odd to buff mines and ignore traps. Maybe I'm missing something.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

McFrugal posted:

I got the impression that after you push the detonate button they would all queue up and activate in sequence, gaining a bonus for a longer chain. Scold's Automine would probably still work.

They already have the perfect game to draw inspiration from, with the most satisfying mine gameplay ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07C5560cpEM&t=69s

Both place-at-feet and lock-on mine tossing, if mines played like that in this game I'd never stop playing.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
A point defense league? Time for me to make that sire of shards build.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

tower defense lol

I'm still gonna play it

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
With Legion Jewels still being a thing, I wonder if you can use anointing to grab legion nodes or if they just give you the effects of the notable. Would be hilarious if you could use the Eternal Empire jewel without needing to waste points on travel nodes.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Those extra Amulet enchants...

A second skill bar row...

:woop:

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Captain Foo posted:

tower defense lol

I'm still gonna play it

I predict that tower defense will be fiddly and annoying unless you have insane player DPS that trivializes the encounter

After two weeks they will buff player damage on tower defense to trivialize it for everyone

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Tai posted:

I thought mines were generally considered stronger than traps? Seems a bit odd to buff mines and ignore traps. Maybe I'm missing something.

I'm not sure what's better out of mines and traps right now, but mines have always been pretty unpopular for their power level because a lot of people dont' like (or think they wouldn't like) the playstyle. (The playstyle is "like spells but you have to keep pressing detonate or drop a totem and IV a mana flask, in exchange you get to ignore reflect and phase Uber Atziri so fast she doesn't get to attack")

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Cynic Jester posted:

I got ThePenIsBlightier, which works on many levels, except Poet's Pen being garbage, so it won't actually fit my build. I was going to do AllBlight for my punchman but it was taken. Guess I'll do BlightOfWay.

BlightForYourRight. The ToParty bit was too long

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Clearly we should all play totem builds in the tower defense league right? And I think the league name might suggest a good spell?

Blight Totem Trickster it is :pwn:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

No Safe Word posted:

Clearly we should all play totem builds in the tower defense league right? And I think the league name might suggest a good spell?

I'll probably follow my original plan and play moving totems this league (golems or spectres).

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
probably the first league where nothing has really interested me in it at all, drat.

still think i'll do a few builds tho

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

I mean, two of them with a 6-socket Blade Vortex sounds like it would be fairly absurd in anyone's hands.

Herald of Agony is a Physical Spell, +3-6 levels to that is fuckin' stupid, I can promise you.

Ah poo poo I forgot HoA was physical lol. I guess thatll be easy mode again.

I dont think itll be that absurd with BV, ele conversion BV is notably better and also gets stats from the wand and shield, so the daggers have to cover that gap too. Itll still probably post better numbers but I dont think itll be meta-defining unless spell poison stops sucking

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I really don't know how to feel about this league idea. I guess I just have to wait and see more gameplay which, like, ugh.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I like tower defense games but uh I'm not sure I want to play tower defense within an arpg. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it plays but it looked rather fiddly from the preview.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cynic Jester posted:

With Legion Jewels still being a thing, I wonder if you can use anointing to grab legion nodes or if they just give you the effects of the notable. Would be hilarious if you could use the Eternal Empire jewel without needing to waste points on travel nodes.
the "allocate" wording certainly makes it sound like they activate it on the passive tree for you rather than duplicating the effect of the node.

No Safe Word posted:

sounds like a totemlyblightful idea

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

pork never goes bad posted:

I really don't know how to feel about this league idea. I guess I just have to wait and see more gameplay which, like, ugh.

The best parts of 3.7 weren't the Legion mechanics, so I'm not worried.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

All my characters this league will be legion puns

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I'm realizing that this league is probably gonna be sweet for hipster builds; the biggest challenge of unique-heavy builds is capping resistances, but the oils will probably let me snag a couple notables like Diamond Skin / Holy Dominion / Soul of Steel which fixes all that handily.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I think I like the league idea, but...

WHERE THE gently caress IS MY RAIDER REWORK??????!!!!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I just wish they made minion AI not be poo poo. Like is that so much to ask? Having the minions attack the monsters instead of doing nothing would be nice.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I start necro 90% of the time so its good shes getting some extra love

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Duck and Cover posted:

I just wish they made minion AI not be poo poo. Like is that so much to ask? Having the minions attack the monsters instead of doing nothing would be nice.

Didn't they basically say they did that via support gems? I assumed the gems would be worth using, e.g. gives damage too.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I was planning on modifying that Jousis heartbound loop build and use bladefall totems to take advantage of the 300% castspeed. Now I'm worried they'll change the one Necro passive it depends on... If they don't, though, that new dagger will be sweet.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

500 good dogs posted:

Didn't they basically say they did that via support gems? I assumed the gems would be worth using, e.g. gives damage too.

Doing it via support gems is just about the worst way to fix the problem, because summoner builds notoriously are gem slot and action bar starved.

Which either means they intentionally want the minion AI to be poo poo or cannot fix it because game is old.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

I'm realizing that this league is probably gonna be sweet for hipster builds; the biggest challenge of unique-heavy builds is capping resistances, but the oils will probably let me snag a couple notables like Diamond Skin / Holy Dominion / Soul of Steel which fixes all that handily.

You can only get one of these; the announcement says you can get a notable on your amulet and tower buffs on your rings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Duck and Cover posted:

They should have a consumable item that fixes minion AI, that you need to trade for.