Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Jivesauce posted:

These good Tom Brady tweets are causing me to have an existential crisis

Rest assured that there is no way in hell Tom Brady is actually tweeting them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

An important crosspost for all your preseason superstar jokes:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I...kinda like the Roughnecks logo/name?

Also, if you're not on the BattleHawks bandwagon you should defenestrate yourself

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I hope UAB sues

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Renegades logo is really good to. Lol at calling a professional team the Wildcats though

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Sorry, Seattle only cares about the Seahawks, the Sounders, and the Mariners(ironically). Hell we even have a new NHL team starting soon. No one here will bother with the XFL.
In fact, why put another team in Seattle in the first place? Portland makes way way more sense.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Renegades logo is really good to. Lol at calling a professional team the Wildcats though

We’re running out of animals!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
As a Portland goon, no thanks on an XFL team.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Can't wait for Guardians vs Defenders! Scintillating poo poo right there.

The only dragon Seattle needs is the George and Dragon Pub. XFL gently caress off.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Peachfart posted:

Sorry, Seattle only cares about the Seahawks, the Sounders, and the Mariners(ironically). Hell we even have a new NHL team starting soon. No one here will bother with the XFL.
In fact, why put another team in Seattle in the first place? Portland makes way way more sense.

Yeah but when they move them think of the publicity and retro merchandise they can push

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

zero effort in LA's logo and mascot choice

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1164219954457133058?s=19

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

Fitting for football fans of LA.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

St. Louis SilverBattle Hawks

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Go St Louis Winged Swords

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Guardians actually looks cool.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Uh

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I hope the XFL is successful for like six weeks and then Vince McMahon gets busted for tax evasion or something and that brings the whole thing down.

Either way I give it two seasons, tops. And that’s being generous I think.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Febreeze posted:

Rest assured that there is no way in hell Tom Brady is actually tweeting them

Even my :patssay: rear end doesn't believe he does any of his social media lmao

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Those descriptions are extremely :lol:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Vince will get pardoned immediately if he gets popped for anything during this admin

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I'm gonna watch the XFL while on a cocaine and alcohol fueled bender. It just makes the most sense.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

colachute posted:

Either way I give it two seasons, tops. And that’s being generous I think.

Two weeks seems ambitious honestly.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm like 95% positive that Renegades logo is just a re-colored League of Legends e-sport team logo.

Like I've seen that before I guarantee it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

I'm defecting to Dallas.

Stoops gonna run this league

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
UAB gonna due the poo poo outta the XFL because Seattle's logo looks just like theirs

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Apparently the renegades logo is very similar to a nba2k custom team logo lol

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

So Cad Bane is the face of the Dallas Renegades?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The Vipers logo really needs to be aqua/pink.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Why the hell didn't they make LA the mountain lions? You know, the fearsome large animals that live throughout the hills of the area and often attack and maim hapless hikers? That would've been rad as hell

Wildcat? Blah

RIPPLING WITH HEAT 🔥

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I don’t think they put a lot of thought into the team names. Maybe some of them but I’m pretty sure they used Madden’s create a team and just randomly generated some poo poo.

Note: I haven’t really played madden in like 15 years so you may not know what I’m talking about since I don’t know if create a team is the same or even still exists.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LA Coyotes Eating Pursedogs Assfirst

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
LA should have been the Rattlesnakes.

Or the Banditos and played up the rivalry with the Dallas whatever the fucks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

At least they were smart enough to understand using USC's colors so lazy rear end LA people don't have to buy new merch

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Hut hut pass run the ball throw tackle is the XFL

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm not watching this

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/1164257415228874752

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Asema posted:

I'm like 95% positive that Renegades logo is just a re-colored League of Legends e-sport team logo.

Like I've seen that before I guarantee it.

That was my immediate thought too. The League of Legends team was also called the Renegades and had a very similar logo. I looked it up and it wasn't quite as close as I remembered, but similar anyway:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

I'm not watching this

He's working on one for the curse of Brodie Croyle and I will absolutely watch that.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

I my first reaction to this was "meh" until I looked at the stats and uhhhh :wtc:

#2 in points scored, #10 in points allowed, most yards gained on offense, fewest yards allowed on defense, AND their strength of schedule was soft as hell. Yet they went 9-7.

The Norv Turner Experience, ladies and gentlemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sean10mm posted:

I my first reaction to this was "meh" until I looked at the stats and uhhhh :wtc:

#2 in points scored, #10 in points allowed, most yards gained on offense, fewest yards allowed on defense, AND their strength of schedule was soft as hell. Yet they went 9-7.

The Norv Turner Experience, ladies and gentlemen.

They won 6 games by over 20 points that season, that's really really good. The Patriots have 6... in the last two seasons combined.

They also managed to get blown out by a 4-12 Bengals team and lost twice to the Tom Cable Raiders. They also had nightmarishly bad special teams which killed them in a bunch of games.

Found a bunch of gifs of their ST play from that season:

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2014/4/24/5646068/throwback-thursday-the-worst-special-teams-unit-of-all-time

Kalli fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 21, 2019