Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
If someone makes a nice XFL thread tag that fits with the others I can get it added.

It will be great in 2 years when there is no AAF or XFL but we still have thread tags for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Athanatos posted:

If someone makes a nice XFL thread tag that fits with the others I can get it added.

It will be great in 2 years when there is no AAF or XFL but we still have thread tags for them

What are you talking about, XFL is going to completely change the game and become the future of Football.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Athanatos posted:

I wish crooks didn't run the AAF. They had a good product.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Skwirl posted:

What are you talking about, XFL is going to completely change the game and become the future of Football.

Hell Yeah brother

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

the aaf was poo poo no one could catch the goddamn football

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Sour Diesel posted:

What makes you think things will be any different in the XFL?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Sour Diesel posted:

It was better than preseason NFL, and at least as tolerable as NCAA

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The AAF was infinitely worse than college football and the XFL will be as well.

I'll still watch

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Vince has put the NFL on notice, and the XFL will save us.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Skwirl posted:

:hellyeah:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The XFL is going to run out of money by week 3

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

DariusLikewise posted:

Vince will probably go broke making sure that doesn't happen.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

A better record than the AAF.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

A better record than the AAF.

The AAF galaxybrained itself out of existence with its groundbreaking "can't run out of money if you don't have any to begin with" strategy.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

DariusLikewise posted:

Waiting to see the Orlando Bust jerseys.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

wandler20 posted:

This is the funniest scenario. The XFL catching on juuuuuuuust enough to get the NFL’s attention. The networks would drop the XFL/WWE in a heartbeat if they thought there was a chance they’d lose the NFL over it.

WWE losing the big money TV deals they rely on because Vince insisted on bringing back the XFL would be too perfect for this world.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

wandler20 posted:

I wonder how much of the ownership of the WWE he's willing to sell off to keep the league going if it runs into trouble? He's already dumped 280 million of his own cash into and ESPN said the below

quote:

Initial investors are Peter Chernin, Peter Thiel and former NFL Pro Bowler Jared Allen.

Chernin and Thiel are both loaded and I'm pretty sure Chernin will make the XFL the official football league of Barstool Sports. I have no idea what the income statement for a football looks like but you're looking at at least 60 million for player and staff salaries once you factor in bonuses, insurances and payroll overheads. Travel and hotel budget is going to be large as they spread all the starting cities out.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I do hope XFL catches on enough that it allows the player's union to negotiate better deals with the NFL.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

wandler20 posted:

What makes you think things will be any different in the XFL?

i never said it would be

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

BGrifter posted:

This is the funniest scenario. The XFL catching on juuuuuuuust enough to get the NFL’s attention. The networks would drop the XFL/WWE in a heartbeat if they thought there was a chance they’d lose the NFL over it.

WWE losing the big money TV deals they rely on because Vince insisted on bringing back the XFL would be too perfect for this world.

WWE just signed a billion dollars worth of multi-year TV deals plus the Saudis pay some stupid amount of money ($30-50M) for every show they run there in front of bored royals.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

skaboomizzy posted:

WWE just signed a billion dollars worth of multi-year TV deals plus the Saudis pay some stupid amount of money ($30-50M) for every show they run there in front of bored royals.

Yep, while letting their live show business tank and pretty much abandoning all other sources of revenue.

Now that they’re completely dependant on their TV deals and Saudi blood money to survive, it would be hilarious if Vince manages to piss off the NFL enough that they squash the XFL/WWE like a bug.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1164213457463517186?s=20

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1164213729526984705?s=20

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1164213946229952513?s=20

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1164214314833731587?s=20

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1164214441019416576?s=20

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1164214701426970626?s=20

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1164214942825885696?s=20

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1164215165639909378?s=20

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1164214955580776450?s=19

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Washington DC team isn't a racial slur, so there's one improvement.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

i'm sorry, even though I live in STL I can't stop laughing at "Battlehawks", and I also own a shirt with this logo on it

(this is also a better logo than the "Battlehawks")

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the stl hawks will be lucky to have a 12th fan

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
How could you not root for a team called the BattleHawks

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Guardians / Defenders and Renegades / Roughnecks (in the same state even) seem confusingly interchangeable.

The AAF names dunked on these pretty hard.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The names are fine. I don't know why they put a team in Tampa.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Fat Lowtax posted:

The names are fine. I don't know why they put a team in Tampa.

yeah i mean just about every alternative pro football league of the past 50 years or so has had a birmingham franchise

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

lol at the Houston Roughnecks having a knockoff Oilers logo

Also, naming any team the Wildcats is super :effort:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
BattleHawks

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm defecting to Dallas because of how loving boring and generic Wildcats is

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Those logos look like they were designed by the same people who did the AAF logos.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Troy Queef posted:

i'm sorry, even though I live in STL I can't stop laughing at "Battlehawks", and I also own a shirt with this logo on it

(this is also a better logo than the "Battlehawks")

I would much rather root for the Sharkzookas then any of these team names.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

More teams than weeks that will be played before folding

Also you can't convince me that Vince didn't have all of those logos made on Fiverr

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

BattleHawks logo rules, but stoops is going to own the place with the Renegades

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Go bankruptcy

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1164219954457133058

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Boo the closest team to me is the Battlehawks and that's still 5 hours out, but praise Jesus there's no Birmingham team so this league just might have a chance