Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Anarchist co-op coffee shop

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Actually the most believable part

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

That coffee shop liar from Twitter should pretend to go there for some new material.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

It was always my impression that once cholos decide to hang out anywhere in groups, they start being the only group to hang out there in fairly short order. I do not know why I have this impression

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

life is killing me posted:

It was always my impression that once cholos decide to hang out anywhere in groups, they start being the only group to hang out there in fairly short order. I do not know why I have this impression

Maybe because in Mexican Spanish, cholo is typically used to refer to gangbanger type dudes. Using it interchangeably with "Chicano" (a term used by a lot of Mexican Americans as a signifier of their own cultural and ethnic identity) is extremely racist

This is the same reason Lady Gaga got a bunch of poo poo for using the term "chola" in her song Born This Way. Obviously the intended message of the song was "you're beautiful and valuable just the way you are" but she chose the wrongest possible word to refer to Latinx people.

E: I 100% believe that tweakers would light a bulletin board on fire. Tweakers are unpredictable, to put it mildly.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

If anything in that post is believable, it's that a Tumblr white girl has no idea how racist she is

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Maybe because in Mexican Spanish, cholo is typically used to refer to gangbanger type dudes. Using it interchangeably with "Chicano" (a term used by a lot of Mexican Americans as a signifier of their own cultural and ethnic identity) is extremely racist

This is the same reason Lady Gaga got a bunch of poo poo for using the term "chola" in her song Born This Way. Obviously the intended message of the song was "you're beautiful and valuable just the way you are" but she chose the wrongest possible word to refer to Latinx people.

E: I 100% believe that tweakers would light a bulletin board on fire. Tweakers are unpredictable, to put it mildly.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

If anything in that post is believable, it's that a Tumblr white girl has no idea how racist she is

Also it’s written in a way that if they AREN’T gangbangers, OMG GUYS HOW CRAZY AND UNBELIEVABLE IS IT A GROUP OF LATINOS WOULD BE SO NICE as if it’s a rare occurrence. It’s classic STDH, like the quintessential big muscled meathead is a friendly woke intellectual in some stories, and drat can you believe that not all guys who work out a lot and build muscle are complete embodiments of a common pejorative stereotype? Because the writer thinks everyone should be SO surprised.

E: I get the impression definitely because as you said Cholo is not the same thing as a cultural identity at all

life is killing me has a new favorite as of 15:31 on Aug 17, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I lived near a co op coffee shop. That sort of place is absolutely the HQ of “try so hard to be woke that they end up racist” white people

“I am not a bad person, I can’t be racist” of the 21st century

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I am currently sitting in my hip neighborhood coffee shop and it's much cooler than that. It's co-owned by a Chinese guy and a French couple and the employees and regulars generally reflect the diversity of the neighborhood instead of being a bunch of insufferable white hipster fart-huffers

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

life is killing me posted:

Also it’s written in a way that if they AREN’T gangbangers, OMG GUYS HOW CRAZY AND UNBELIEVABLE IS IT A GROUP OF LATINOS WOULD BE SO NICE as if it’s a rare occurrence. It’s classic STDH, like the quintessential big muscled meathead is a friendly woke intellectual in some stories, and drat can you believe that not all guys who work out a lot and build muscle are complete embodiments of a common pejorative stereotype? Because the writer thinks everyone should be SO surprised.

That STDH genre has a long history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIVB3DdRgqU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I guess it's different if your target audience is racist and you're just throwing that in to trigger them

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I have the PERFECT video for
:mad:

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Lol

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I met a Latino once and he was a jerk. I also met another Latino and he was really nice. It’s certainly a complicated issue.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

And before someone makes a nasty racist comment, I’m 1/64th Comanche so there you go

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I am currently sitting in my hip neighborhood coffee shop and it's much cooler than that. It's co-owned by a Chinese guy and a French couple and the employees and regulars generally reflect the diversity of the neighborhood instead of being a bunch of insufferable white hipster fart-huffers

who loving cares

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Alaois posted:

who loving cares

Hipster fart-huffers.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

oldpainless posted:

And before someone makes a nasty racist comment, I’m 1/64th Comanche so there you go

Good luck on your presidential bid.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

oldpainless posted:

I met a Latino once and he was a jerk. I also met another Latino and he was really nice.

Fuuuuuuuck my whole world is collapsing right now

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

oldpainless posted:

More like olddancingonthinicebucko

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I can't believe that got gifted gold. Good lord.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Oh god, I spent like half of that thinking it was one of those things where the 6 year old randomly has a fascination with the garbagemen.

e: Seriously, my chain of thoughts was that she was a child at the beginning of the story and her fascination held all the way until college (radiography classes) and it was the story of some 50 year old garbage man getting together with the 20 year old..

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Garrand posted:

Oh god, I spent like half of that thinking it was one of those things where the 6 year old randomly has a fascination with the garbagemen.

e: Seriously, my chain of thoughts was that she was a child at the beginning of the story and her fascination held all the way until college (radiography classes) and it was the story of some 50 year old garbage man getting together with the 20 year old..

This makes it sound like a much more believable story.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1164235891348582400?s=20

This was a fake "Dear Abby" question like a couple decades ago from a woman engaged to a mortician.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
r/relationships is just a troll farm now.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

"Hey lets make up a number neighbours thing where its this ancient old timey geezer who turns out to be really sweet and nice!"
"lol great idea we can make him super old and poo poo"
"Yeah like 45 or something"
"Nah dude even older like 57"
"poo poo that's old as gently caress he'd have to talk like a real old grandpa"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

He may be fake but he’s not wrong

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

That works only as long as you're the only guy in her world.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
John has obviously never read the r/relationships thread

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

oldpainless posted:

He may be fake but he’s not wrong

More like old.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The ages are (just barely) plausible: Wife of 35 years means he got married when he was 22. If we consider him to be old-fashioned based on the way he talks, he probably wouldn't have had a kid out of wedlock, so his first kid was probably born when he was 22 or 23. His kid would have to have had a kid at 18 or younger for him to have a granddaughter who is "almost your age (20)".

The unbelievable part is a boomer who texts in complete sentences with correct spelling and grammar.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Not enough..... Between..... Sentences

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
“I’m a male”

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Why the gently caress can't these assholes learn how to crop down and stitch the loving chat logs together so you don't have to go through the top and bottom bar 20 times and also confirm where the last message ended between each screenshot

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

If you dont have anywhere from 3-7 lines repeated between each screenshot how on earth could anyone understand the whole message??

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
It adds "authenticity". If you were faking the conversation you'd obviously take nicer screenshots!

e: iT'S LIKE SCREWING UP THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON AN DSPACING TO SHOW HOW EXCITED YOU ARE! cLEARLY i'M GENUINELY EXCITDE OR i WOULD HAVE TYPED THIS BETTER AND CHECKED BEFORE HTITING SNED!

Splicer has a new favorite as of 22:05 on Aug 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why the gently caress can't these assholes learn how to crop down and stitch the loving chat logs together so you don't have to go through the top and bottom bar 20 times and also confirm where the last message ended between each screenshot

Fuken boomers :rolleyes: