Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

The Superior Spider-Man of San Francisco!

His book is a lot of fun. Ock trying hard to be a hero but still being Ock is good for both laughs and heartfelt moments.

The die is cast!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
fearless #2

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

that screen name :allears:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Alright, so I obvs get Thor and Vulture, but are the other two characters I should know?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Alright, so I obvs get Thor and Vulture, but are the other two characters I should know?

I don't think so, it's to indicate that both normal people and super types use Hindr.

My question is why is Vulture holding a fish? Actual vultures don't eat fish afaik. And I don't remember a fish thing being part of his character before.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Big 3 #7 (1942)

The Inferior Five #3 (1967)

Hitman #56 (2000)

Eternals #3 (2008)

Justice League/Power Rangers (2017)

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Skwirl posted:

My question is why is Vulture holding a fish? Actual vultures don't eat fish afaik. And I don't remember a fish thing being part of his character before.

"Men like to hold up fish for the camera" is a dating-app picture cliche.

Cassius Belli fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 21, 2019

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

God, Zack, it's 2019, you can't just tell Batmen to smile!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Yond Cassius posted:

"Men like to hold up fish for the camera" is a dating-app picture cliche.

Ah. Does it work?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

God, Zack, it's 2019, you can't just tell Batmen to smile!

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/1102881665179774976?s=19

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Skwirl posted:

Ah. Does it work?

Probably about as well as the tiger pictures that were super common a few years before.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Ah. Does it work?

This probably strongly depends on where you live and what kind of partner you're after.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

take picture of me with a fish

Tell me more about these tiger photos, I'm a bit new to internet dating.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Endless Mike posted:

This probably strongly depends on where you live and what kind of partner you're after.

I am a [cat] seeking a [person with fish].

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Skwirl posted:

take picture of me with a fish

Tell me more about these tiger photos, I'm a bit new to internet dating.

Here you go. I wasn't aware it was a thing either, but any photos with exotic wildlife are ethically questionable.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Yond Cassius posted:

Probably about as well as the tiger pictures that were super common a few years before.

Back in my day, people used pictures of themselves posing with brown kids as they helped build schools or hospitals.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Valkyrie #2

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Someone should tell the Power Rangers that evil people smile all the time.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Marvel Team-Up #4: Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel are fighting robots and Kamala's here to remind you that you're getting old

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

who built the spooge robots

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Mindless one-bots

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

TwoPair posted:

Marvel Team-Up #4: Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel are fighting robots and Kamala's here to remind you that you're getting old

I’m actually not that old because Star Fox 64 was my first thought too :unsmith:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
We're all surprisingly young if Hip Teen Kamala Kahn is young enough to remember (and correctly spell) Rumble Pak.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I’m just surprised they were able to include that joke about what Starfox’s bedroom would look like under blacklight exposure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darthemed posted:

I’m just surprised they were able to include that joke about what Starfox’s bedroom would look like under blacklight exposure.

This may shock you but comic books are not aimed at children anymore.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Starfox is the Space Guy Who Fucks, right?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That's both starfoxes

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

This may shock you but comic books are not aimed at children anymore.
poo poo, guess I’d better cancel those Milo Manara Christmas orders.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

bony tony posted:

Starfox is the Space Guy Who Fucks, right?

Space Rapist

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Dillbag posted:

Space Rapist

Thanos’s brother whose power is date rape.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Elfface posted:

We're all surprisingly young if Hip Teen Kamala Kahn is young enough to remember (and correctly spell) Rumble Pak.

Her brother's old enough that the N64 could've been his first console.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Y'all are acting like Kamala isn't dorky enough to be into retro gaming.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i cant say i got the impression she said "rumble pak, spelled p-a-k"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Is that, like, a space costume or something? Because I like her old costume better so it better not be permanent!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah thats her new totally not a symbiote costume

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I forget, are all symbiotes crazy monsters, or is that just Venom and his brood? I'm sure I've seen it both ways...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Elfface posted:

I forget, are all symbiotes crazy monsters, or is that just Venom and his brood? I'm sure I've seen it both ways...

There's an issue of Bendis' Guardians of the Galaxy where all the symbiotes on Venom's home planet are calm, cool and collected and they did something to the Venom symbiote to fix it (Flash was wearing it at the time). But I think that's been ignored by literally every single subsequent appearance of the Venom symbiote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Elfface posted:

It's definitely gone back and forth but Bendis established them as being peaceful in his GOTG run and even though Cates has been doing some stuff establishing them as servants of a mad space god I think the idea is that symbiotes are basically good as long as they're not mind controlled.

Of course I'll cede to resident Venomologist Gavok on the matter...