Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Vasudus posted:

It really speaks to the quality of arms control in the last 20 years when we've been dunking on people for over a decade largely unimpeded in dozens of countries and hardly anybody has had the means to actually shoot one of those fuckers down. Unlike I guess in the 80s when we were giving out Stingers like candy.

We've spent the last 20 years dunking on third world nobodies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Arc Light posted:

Whereas people who joke about running over protestors might not actually go out and kill people on the roadway, but it's def a thing that happens, and they're totally cool with it irl. Which means it's not actually a joke.

Yup. And they vote for people who openly try, and often succeed, to legalize this.

Its like trolling: You can troll, but honestly most people who troll probably genuinely believe what they are saying deep down.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Proud Christian Mom posted:

We've spent the last 20 years dunking on third world nobodies

Well sure, but I'm talking about the prolific use of UCAVs. They haven't been a thing for *that* long.

Arc Light posted:

Yeah, like, people who joke about guillotines don't actually build them and use them, nor have they been used within multiple generations. And, generally speaking, those same people tend to be against capital punishment irl.

I'm against capital punishment but I'm willing to flex on my beliefs in certain situations. Like with billionaires and guillotines.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1164174364994080768

...just a few blocks away?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Guillotines were still being used by the French until the 80s

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Dum Cumpster posted:

https://theappeal.org/police-shooting-informant/#.XV1dK88QZ3M.twitter

A federal prosecutor blamed the new DA for being soft on crime or some poo poo but it turns out the guy was a snitch who had been given a reduced sentence by prosecutors.

Weird how news stories just fade away once they no longer support right wing narratives

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
The Simpsons are still relevant, right?

https://twitter.com/inmybabyarmz/status/1164042360591773696?s=19

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I appreciate you selected the by car option since 18 minutes walking would probably kill him

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
trump is just trying to get his buddies rich cause they tell him the interest rate could be lower and they could make more money, he has no idea what the federal reserve actually does

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nick Soapdish posted:

I appreciate you selected the by car option since 18 minutes walking would probably kill him

they don't have a helicopter option

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1164205235193208834?s=19

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I guess trump is neo now

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I guess trump is Jake Lloyd now

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I guess trump

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You were supposed to destroy the swamp not join them!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The gif is worse.

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1164219723241803776?s=19

0:48 here:

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1164217816645545985?s=19

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Midichlorians were cholesterol all along.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

CommieGIR posted:

Boris wants Ireland to leave the EU and join a UK Trade Union.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/bor...eNjujfb0-QC0CZc

Taking how many guesses as to how loud Ireland will laugh.

If I were Ireland, I would be seriously considering annexing Northern Ireland.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Maybe all this religion stuff is true and revelations was literal after all. MAGA is the symbol of the beast

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Ceiling fan posted:

If I were Ireland, I would be seriously considering annexing Northern Ireland.

A thousand buried chests will be dug up by nightfall. Hope you love the Troubles greatest hits.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

https://news.yahoo.com/3-women-sue-epsteins-estate-172327021.html

One of the women was while he was getting white collar breaks from prison to work during a sentence in Florida

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
We now FINALLY know what the gently caress got Donnie on this whole Greenland kick.

Senator Tom Cotton.

https://twitter.com/tomlobianco/status/1164223663626956800?s=19

Makes complete sense - Donnie thinks Cotton is his friend, Cotton yammered on about Greenland, Donnie is like OOOH A FRIEND I DON'T HAVE THOSE AS EVERYONE IS NASTY AND UNFAIR TO ME and there you go. Shitbags finding common cause.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

gently caress you, Tom Cotton.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
While there are many strong contenders for his title, no one will ever take the mantle of "Dumbest Motherfucker in the Senate" away from Tom Cotton.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

facialimpediment posted:

We now FINALLY know what the gently caress got Donnie on this whole Greenland kick.

Senator Tom Cotton.

https://twitter.com/tomlobianco/status/1164223663626956800?s=19

Makes complete sense - Donnie thinks Cotton is his friend, Cotton yammered on about Greenland, Donnie is like OOOH A FRIEND I DON'T HAVE THOSE AS EVERYONE IS NASTY AND UNFAIR TO ME and there you go. Shitbags finding common cause.

I’m sat in my kitchen with my boyfriend, we were just reading about Trump and Greenland.. this resulted in us sitting there not saying anything for 5 minutes. I mean, what the gently caress do you say, it’s so stupid I’d write it off as a crap comic book story from the 90s.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Defenestrategy posted:

To be clear. They get poo poo on because they're voting red in TYOOL 2019 and directly electing officials who are propping up the above billionaire class, not because they're poor/rural.

i get it, but these people didn't spring up from the ground to torment us, they've been betrayed by liberals and abusively miseducated by our hosed up culture. as an american i feel responsible for other americans, including ones that disgust me.

let me put it this way: the only purpose talking poo poo about them serves is making ourselves feel better by getting anger out. i don't criticize people for doing that, and i have done it myself, but we all grew up in a classist society and we all have stored away in our minds the classist insults we can use to spice up what we say about the people we hate for loving up our country, and i've seen them used plenty on SA.

the same is true for race and gender and i bet some other poo poo i forgot. it's a sickness we all have.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1164215395839987712

Do suicidal troops need meth? That doesn't seem like it would help things.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Its not meth. It’s a short term anti-depressant the trump admin pushed through the FDA and ordered the VA to use that is no more effective than placebo with a whole host of horrible side effects.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mr. Nice! posted:

Its not meth. It’s a short term anti-depressant the trump admin pushed through the FDA and ordered the VA to use that is no more effective than placebo with a whole host of horrible side effects.

Oooh what are the side effects? And the name of the drug, in case I get it pushed on me the next time I see my prescriber

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Jumping back to last page since I'm late to the party, but the other posters hit it. I'm not actually building guillotines, I don't own guns, I'm against capital punishment, and I'd rather walk away from a confrontation than get in a fistfight. I'm using speech as an outlet for my feelings of frustration and helplessness in the face of an unstoppable machine.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

If they die of something other than suicide, the problem is solved! :chaostrump:

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Doc Hawkins posted:

i get it, but these people didn't spring up from the ground to torment us, they've been betrayed by liberals and abusively miseducated by our hosed up culture. as an american i feel responsible for other americans, including ones that disgust me.

let me put it this way: the only purpose talking poo poo about them serves is making ourselves feel better by getting anger out. i don't criticize people for doing that, and i have done it myself, but we all grew up in a classist society and we all have stored away in our minds the classist insults we can use to spice up what we say about the people we hate for loving up our country, and i've seen them used plenty on SA.

the same is true for race and gender and i bet some other poo poo i forgot. it's a sickness we all have.

Also as a reminder, in a lot of "Trump Country" most of the people didn't vote. So being cranky at everyone in a whole region for maybe 20% of the population is probably a bit misplaced. There's exceptions to that, but in most of the country it's more likely that more people who could vote didn't than voted for either candidate.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Mr. Nice! posted:

The only thing that helps PTSD is E. I guarantee you it isn’t that.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hexyflexy posted:

The only thing that helps PTSD is E. I guarantee you it isn’t that.

IIRC there were some promising trials done using low dosage psilocybin as well.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Isn't it just a hosed-with-enough-for-a-new-patent copy of ketamine

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Oooh what are the side effects? And the name of the drug, in case I get it pushed on me the next time I see my prescriber

Spravato/esketamine

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

joat mon posted:

Spravato/esketamine

And the side effects include hallucinations and disassociation. Patients typically have mandatory monitoring if i read stuff right earlier.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

If he's talking about MDMA it's a serious broken clock moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
He’s not. He’s talking about a type of ketamine that is ineffective but getting pushed through regardless.