Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Skwirl posted:

Isn't Power Girl some kind of scientist?

There's a comic where The Riddler tries to seduce Barbara Gordon's Batgirl because she's the closest thing he thinks of as an intellectual equal. I think it was a tie-in with the Batman/Catwoman wedding that didn't happen.

Oh wow that's totally right I forgot about that.

Is Natasha Irons a scientist or engineer too? Or does she legacy Steel's stuff?

Thranguy posted:

Uptime was just me pointing out that Dream Girl was in the dcu future.

Gotcha

quote:

And yeah, that was the Countess, or maybe the Contessa, who was tied in with Lex.

I thought when you mentioned the Countess it was a Wonder Woman villain, who seemed to be a Nazi leader from WW2, were they the same character? It's been a long time since I read that stuff but I thought she was more magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I can't believe they're doing the "make Nora Fries a ridiculous villain" thing again.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

nofather posted:

Is Natasha Irons a scientist or engineer too? Or does she legacy Steel's stuff?

I believe so. I think she's the one who made her own suit, possibly even improving on John Henry's design.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

LOSH starts
Sandman U Hellblazer starts
Jeff Lemire's Question mini starts
The Young Animal GL comic starts
Morrison's GL miniseries starts
Some sorta Multiverse He-Man miniseries from Tim Seeley starts
SGM's White Knight gets a Mr Freeze Nazi times origin one-shot
Sina Grace (Iceman) puts out his first DC comic in spinoff one-shots for Dark Multiverse infected heroes from BM/SM.
Event Leviathan ends
Doom Patrol isn't written by Way at all this month? (w: Becky Cloonan/Michael Conrad, a: Becky Cloonan). Return of Dorothy Spinner, though!
A tie-in comic for the Rooster Teeth show gen:LOCK
There's a Crisis on Infinite Earths Walmart mag starting (no info, so no idea if there's an original story in there)

Tim's new costume revealed(?) in Young Justice #10 cover

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

is no one capable of giving tim a good costume

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
Whoever sat down and thought "You know what Tim's costume needs to set him apart? MORE BROWN" should feel ashamed of their words and deeds.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Parallax posted:

is no one capable of giving tim a good costume

The first one was the best Robin costume and remains so. The Red Robin after Bruce “died” was real good too.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I'm not normally a Si Spurrier fan, but I'd like to try that Hellblazer series. Has The Dreaming been any good?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think The Dreaming is the best book DC has going. It's fantastic.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Darth Nat posted:

Whoever sat down and thought "You know what Tim's costume needs to set him apart? MORE BROWN" should feel ashamed of their words and deeds.

How many good super hero costumes use brown? Trench coats don’t count.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Open Marriage Night posted:

How many good super hero costumes use brown? Trench coats don’t count.

That one fantastic Wolverine outfit, for one, and the Rocketeer. The Marvel versions of Ares and Hercules also use a lot of brown contrast and I think both of them look pretty cool.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

X-O posted:

The first one was the best Robin costume and remains so. The Red Robin after Bruce “died” was real good too.

i love the robin costume but the red robin ones sucked

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Archyduchess posted:

That one fantastic Wolverine outfit, for one, and the Rocketeer. The Marvel versions of Ares and Hercules also use a lot of brown contrast and I think both of them look pretty cool.

Shame on me for not thinking of Wolverine.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Open Marriage Night posted:

Shame on me for not thinking of Wolverine.

I remember them bringing the blue and yellow suit back and it being a Big Deal, although I felt like the intention was to go back to the brown and orange, but...

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I had the brown and tan Wolverine play costume from 91’ when I was six. It was just a plastic mask with a velcro strap, and a molded plastic glove with pop out claws. In 92’ it was recolored to yellow and blue.

I’m happy they recently brought back the brown and tan in the comics.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Maybe Tim is finally taking a new name like Nightwing that doesn't involve Robin or any Red variations thereof. Finally criminals of the DCU will fear... the Shitbird.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
But that's Jason Todd's new name.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tim will now be known as the Brown Bomber.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Something involving Ravens or Crows would be appropriate for Tim because they are the smartest birds and he's supposed to be an even better detective than Batman, and it sticks with the bird theme.

Of course the original Robin was named after Robin Hood, not the bird, so ditching the bird theme entirely would also be appropriate.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Tim will become the pigeon: a crime fighter who shits on evil in the name of justice. Beware his vicious coo.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Codependent Poster posted:

Tim will now be known as the Brown Bomber.

That costume is insulting to anyone who’s ever had any point of view at all.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Tim will be something like the Grouse or something.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I just finished Planetary, not counting the crossovers. I don't think it was as clever as it thought it was, but it was still a fun read. And the multiverse stuff is giving me campaign ideas.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Xelkelvos posted:

Tim will be something like the Grouse or something.
Quailman. Patience, intelligence, speed.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So I'm reading that in the new Batman that Alfred is killed? Is that true? If so what the gently caress?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

X-O posted:

So I'm reading that in the new Batman that Alfred is killed? Is that true? If so what the gently caress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVDBuOMgz_g&t=45s

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

X-O posted:

Yyyyyeeep.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

X-O posted:

I mean, maybe?

Yes, someone that looks like alfred got his neck snapped in front of a crying Damian while begging not to be murdered in front of his adopted grandchild, but in a world of clones, alternate versions of yourself running around and also just really advanced surgery/prostethics it could just as well be a fakeout.

I would really not take it at face value just yet

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tom King is the worst

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Tom King is the worst

i don't even think it's really him, but man is this just the laziest, most decompressed storytelling i've ever seen

Parallax fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 21, 2019

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'm glad someone is finally exploring the tragic side of being Batman. For too long he's been this goofy comedic figure and I've always wondered "What if a Batman story was dark?" and "What if I felt bad while reading comics?"

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

God Damnit Tom.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

There are sooo many things bothering me about the entire story line

Damian confirmed this is the flashpoint batman, but he was never a great martial artist, but now he's good enough to not only hold his ground but also beat Bane and Batman? Like even Damian should be able to whup his butt

The extremely convoluted master plan was just ridiculous

Damian has a magic item that can neutralise GG, but doesn't use it on alt-bats. Sure, makes sense.

Pretending half a dozen superhero groups wouldn't rush in to take on GG, the reason they aren't is really the flimsiest of pretexts working as a load bearing pillar here

Alfred acting wildly out of character by playing along with alt-bats plan, although this may be a red herring and the real alfred is locked in a basement somewhere

I'll be very happy when this all wraps up, Kings batman has had some highs, but they don't compensate for the really low lows

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I wonder who will replace King on Batman

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

McCloud posted:

Damian has a magic item that can neutralise GG, but doesn't use it on alt-bats. Sure, makes sense.

I don't disagree with any of your other critiques, but I think it was stated that the wand only had one charge.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Bendis.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roth posted:

its me, i will

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Finally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

McCloud posted:

I'll be very happy when this all wraps up, Kings batman has had some highs, but they don't compensate for the really low lows

But Kite Man! Hell yeah! That's so awesome!