Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

#1 wish for Chinese kids is to be so far away from China that they are no longer on the Earth.

I once saw a clip from an interview with the governor (?) of Ohio. The interviewer mentioned that more astronauts had come from Ohio than any other state in the US. Governor was really proud, then interviewer asked "so what is it about Ohio that makes people want to flee the earth ?"
The fraction of a second "happy > confused > disbelieving > furious" shift on the governor's face is one of the best things I've ever seen.

e: drat it.
Here, have the first image in my funny pictures folder:

Lady Disdain has a new favorite as of 08:53 on Aug 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Lady Disdain posted:

I once saw a clip from an interview with the governor (?) of Ohio. The interviewer mentioned that more astronauts had come from Ohio than any other state in the US. Governor was really proud, then interviewer asked "so what is it about Ohio that makes people want to flee the earth ?"
The fraction of a second "happy > confused > disbelieving > furious" shift on the governor's face is one of the best things I've ever seen.

I always thought this was just a random macro: I didn't realise it was based on something:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Zzulu posted:

I also want to be a youtuber. Imagine just debasing yourself for six million preteens every day as you dance around like a jester vying for their attention

Much like being a rock star or actor, the previous all-American universal aspiration

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Those guys usually had some talent and made interesting performances

Now if you ”get fake scared by videogames” good enough that 14 year olds will think you are sufficiently amusing you can get rich

So now all kids aim to become idiot clowns on youtube

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Shut up Meg posted:

I always thought this was just a random macro: I didn't realise it was based on something:

A true inspiration to other Ohioans, I'm sure.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Collapsing Farts posted:

Now if you ”get fake scared by videogames” good enough that 14 year olds will think you are sufficiently amusing you can get rich

Its not like completely trash actors and musicians didnt get rich before.
And its not like there wasnt a mountain of broken dreams for each successful one.

The barrier for entry is much lower and thanks to things like patreon decoupling (a percentagr of total) ad revenue from being the sole source of income you can get a dedicated audience of a few thousand people and turn in a nice job replacement.

Not disputing that the fake hyper energy all-flash-no-content style that forcibly plagues my YT recs isnt agonizingly bad tho.

'Influencers' can die in a fire
loving rich failson marketers for the 202nd decade.

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 12:24 on Aug 21, 2019

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Zzulu posted:

I also want to be a youtuber. Imagine just debasing yourself for six million preteens every day as you dance around like a jester vying for their attention

enough about your posts

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Collapsing Farts posted:

But doctor, I am PepegaGachi420!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Just watch SA people and pleasant Australians who build cities.

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
https://twitter.com/fjamie013/status/1163489391299485696?s=20

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

bony tony posted:

pleasant Australians who build cities.

Is this Primitive Technology, or is there another pleasant Australian builder I should know about ?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Jerry Cotton posted:

Because Roberta Williams is a genius!

e: quoted the wrong post but :shrug:

Ah the classics

https://www.oldmanmurray.com/features/374.html

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Surely by now people are just doing this for the memes. The only reason I've even heard of James Fridman is because he does poo poo like this.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Can you spot the difference(s) between these two pictures

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

zoux posted:

Can you spot the difference(s) between these two pictures

https://media.tenor.com/videos/c76775dd05d16ba98e111b071dcfb457/mp4

https://twitter.com/soveryqueer/status/1153426029928681472

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Lady Disdain posted:

Is this Primitive Technology, or is there another pleasant Australian builder I should know about ?

There are plenty of Youtube people who play city builder bideo james!

Sam Bur, strictoaster and two dollars twenty play Cities: Skylines as a kind of sculptural tool instead of a game. Usually a lot of fast-forward timelapse footage and so forth.

James Turner (Flabaliki) plays them all. Cities: Skylines, Project Highrise, Parkitect, Banished. His main channel has hundreds of hours of Sims content, which is also great. He plays the game and treates issues instead of just building the cities.

Finally Splitsie, who plays Space Engineers. Not a city builder per se, but a great let's player nonetheless.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

lol

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

bony tony posted:

Sam Bur, strictoaster and two dollars twenty play Cities: Skylines as a kind of sculptural tool instead of a game. Usually a lot of fast-forward timelapse footage and so forth.

James Turner (Flabaliki) plays them all. Cities: Skylines, Project Highrise, Parkitect, Banished. His main channel has hundreds of hours of Sims content, which is also great. He plays the game and treates issues instead of just building the cities.

Finally Splitsie, who plays Space Engineers. Not a city builder per se, but a great let's player nonetheless.

I think it's also worth mentioning DoNotEat. He uses Cities: Skylines as a tool to educate you about the historical development of cities in his "Franklin" series and the policy and politics of cities more broadly in his "Power, Politics, & Planning" series. He's also got a patreon and his first bonus episode was on the Killdozer (only a dollar to access).

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4TS-LaoEH8

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

bony tony posted:

Okay these are nice,but boring:

If you want Cities Skylines where the guy builds a sewage volcano, or one where "Country Roads" blares while metors rain from the sky, then RT GAME is the guy fro you.
Stream Archives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCyUmevTef0H-pFaspmfTb3Q Though, he doesn't really play that anymore, there are still multiple videos of the game.

Also he is Irish and says "tree" instead of "three" and it's so adorable

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Counterpoint; nice but boring people tend not to have heated gaming moments.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

ATP_Power posted:

I think it's also worth mentioning DoNotEat. He uses Cities: Skylines as a tool to educate you about the historical development of cities in his "Franklin" series and the policy and politics of cities more broadly in his "Power, Politics, & Planning" series. He's also got a patreon and his first bonus episode was on the Killdozer (only a dollar to access).

Yeah DoNotEat is the only city building gamer you should watch. He's also a goon and posts in his thread here.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Now you have seen the l o n g e g g

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
where's the dog egg

crab hat CRAB HAT!
Feb 19, 2008
Doctor Rope
Bigger than before

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

zoux posted:

I see that Plane Awful has started an export business.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

luxury handset posted:

where's the dog egg

in the slipper, just out of frame.

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
Squegg

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/zotakufilms/status/1138930451958116353

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

zoux posted:

Those poor chickens :ohdear:

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe

luxury handset posted:

where's the dog egg

What. hello

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Wanna poach the family size egg

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

zoux posted:

How?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Assuming these are lab grown, they probably put the embryo inside something off that shape and the eggs form into it.

Otherwise I have no idea.

Edit: I'm wrong, see the post above me.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

egg_dog posted:

What. hello

:kimchi:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I’m going to guess that the shells are not real.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
long long hen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Long hen is loooong