Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So they make the Spider-Verse movie explicitly making fun of how many reboots they've done in the last ~20 years, and the very next thing that happens is another reboot

Ride or die I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Uncle ben will keep dying until morale improves
Sometime may, too

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Praying for Toby Maguire Spiderman 4

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Uncle ben will keep dying until morale improves

He did improve, though. That's what Spider-Verse was about.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Toby Maguire for live action Spiderverse fat Spiderman.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

BrandorKP posted:

Toby Maguire for live action Spiderverse fat Spiderman.

Didn't they make it explicit that the first Peter Parker we see is the one from the Sam Raimi universe?

I think we even see him doing the weird dancing from Spider-man 3

edit: yeah, I checked, we see him doing the dance, stopping the train

But then again, we definitely don't have Otto Octavius in that universe - or Gwen Stacey, things are confusing

theflyingorc has a new favorite as of 17:24 on Aug 21, 2019

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Data Graham posted:

So they make the Spider-Verse movie explicitly making fun of how many reboots they've done in the last ~20 years, and the very next thing that happens is another reboot

Anyone with any authority within a corporation is a guaranteed moron

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

theflyingorc posted:

Didn't they make it explicit that the first Peter Parker we see is the one from the Sam Raimi universe?

I think we even see him doing the weird dancing from Spider-man 3

edit: yeah, I checked, we see him doing the dance, stopping the train

But then again, we definitely don't have Otto Octavius in that universe - or Gwen Stacey, things are confusing

All the spider-people are amalgamations of various aspects of the movies, comics and miscellaneous media. Both Prime Peter and Peter B have traits of the Raimi Spider-man, while Peter B has traits of the old Lee-Ditko Spidey in being aloof and petty. (Seems implied to be a regression since his marriage fell apart) And Spider-Gwen is seen sucked into a portal while fighting a presumed Doc Ock with metallic tentacles. They just use those scenes as touchstones they can expect a large segment of the audience to recognise, with the implication that similar but not identical (given Spidey is in full costume for those scenes when he wasn't in the Raimi movies) events happened prior to the beginning of the movie. Peter B might be the audience surrogate here, since he's the most surprised by the things the movie does differently.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ignite Memories posted:

They think they can make more than 50% of what a marvel spider man movie would make on their own

l m a o

It’s really just Disney trying to strong arm. The first two Spider-Man movies had 100% financing from Sony and Disney taking a 5% cut. Now Disney was demanding Sony supply 100% financing and give Disney a 50% cut in exchange for the privilege of paying Paul Feige to produce their movie.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's being reported as a 50/50 financial split (idk where the hell that 50% cut of the profits is from), but the whole point was to gin up outrage among the fanbase, with each company assuming it will help their own negotiating position.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

zoux posted:

It's being reported as a 50/50 financial split (idk where the hell that 50% cut of the profits is from), but the whole point was to gin up outrage among the fanbase, with each company assuming it will help their own negotiating position.

Yeah it was 50/50 on costs and profits, which isn't crazy for a partnership?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

500 good dogs posted:

Yeah it was 50/50 on costs and profits, which isn't crazy for a partnership?

Crazy is doing anything to gently caress up a cash cow that people are genuinely enjoying. I hope they kiss and make up because the goodwill loss on this may be significant, and I think if it was a gamble on Sony's part that most people would be mad at the MCU/Disney instead of Sony they guessed wrong.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I too genuinely hope that two amazingly huge corporations can move past their difficult feels and find it in themselves to produce and serve me my yearly spoonful of spider mang slop which distracts me for two hours from the hellscape we live in

e: oops, forgot to post a meme

https://twitter.com/UncivilizedElk/status/1163825880616931328

barbecue at the folks has a new favorite as of 19:33 on Aug 21, 2019

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Flanos

Flanos

FLANOS!

That's not a flan.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

barbecue at the folks posted:

I too genuinely hope that two amazingly huge corporations can move past their difficult feels and find it in themselves to produce and serve me my yearly spoonful of spider mang slop which distracts me for two hours from the hellscape we live in

gently caress

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

barbecue at the folks posted:

You

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Also the Amazon has been burning to the ground for three weeks.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Because one of his final moments with his wife was her trying to get him to go to a Spice Girls Reunion Tour, and now that she's gone, he tries to feel a connection to her by learning about the band she loved :smith:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"Why would we want to turn a profit of $600M when we could instead self-sabotage the company?"

- old Sony Pictures saying

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BillyC posted:

Also the Amazon has been burning to the ground for three weeks.

Time for South Park to do another episode apologizing for a previous episode

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

:vince:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Has viral marketing gone too far?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Stoatbringer posted:

That's not a flan.

Yeah, its Flanos. Try to keep up.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Ignite Memories posted:

They think they can make more than 50% of what a marvel spider man movie would make on their own

l m a o

With Disney’s offer Sony would have made more on Venom than on Far From Home.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I miss Zaldo

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Princess Zorldo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:yeshaha:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Yeah but you can't do anything at Zaldo.com. Anything at all.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Chaddo-Kun to Baajin-Kun OVA when?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've gotten to a point where I automatically get a wholesome feeling whenever I see Chad and Stacey because of all the memes about them being gay, it's like the reverse of what happened to poor Pepe

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Elfface posted:

Memento posted:

And it's really some significant prejudice against dudes named Uncle Ben. How many times does that poor bastard have to die?

As many as it takes to stick.

It's less about remakes, and more about whether or not they rinse the starch off first.

Memes:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Looking forward to the iteration with Disheveled Mario as Spider-Man.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Knormal posted:

Looking forward to the iteration with Disheveled Mario as Spider-Man.

Italian Spider-Man?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Welcome to life weakling