Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

If the matches are rigged and this guy was the weakest and Allison was losing to him then does that mean Allison is literally the weakest contestant right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Polgas posted:

If the matches are rigged and this guy was the weakest and Allison was losing to him then does that mean Allison is literally the weakest contestant right now?

Depends if the next person has special pointy stabby sticks and a magic mirror or not.

Arguably she was the far superior combatant but she didn't bring along fancy toys to use.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
If she was weakest she wouldn't still be in the ring

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

The contest is not, as I feared, first-come, first-served, but 64 participants will be chosen out of all submissions in by September 4. Which is good, because as of this writing there’s already 18 of them.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I think the tournament is going to be disrupted when the other contestants notice the, now visible, key in Allison's forehead.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Bilirubin posted:

Hey Al! Please to be making a TRUMO for the contests MY IDEA DO NOT STEAL

Now I hope Al! makes a submission.

I also hope that the stars align and Yusuke Murata makes an entry.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

lol

what are some other good character ideas?
I think someone else who votes in paradise lost should bring in one of the Balls' kids to destroy the obvious demon worship.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

lol

what are some other good character ideas?
I think someone else who votes in paradise lost should bring in one of the Balls' kids to destroy the obvious demon worship.

a really big worm that wants to be part of gog agog but keeps getting rejected for being too big. just competing to impress.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
Two separate halves of a rat, fighting to get revenge as part of a convoluted revenge scheme to destroy Incubus

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Mammon, only he is laying down outside the ring under a blanket and using an elaborate, human-sized hand puppet as his fighter identity.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Woof, some of the entries so far are clearly done by kids and pretty cringey. Good on Abaddon for inspiring kids to create art and take part but... I don't envy him for having to judge obvious kids' OCs vs. others more talented.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Woof, some of the entries so far are clearly done by kids and pretty cringey. Good on Abaddon for inspiring kids to create art and take part but... I don't envy him for having to judge obvious kids' OCs vs. others more talented.

I'm assuming the winners of the tourney are going to appear in k6bd proper, in which case it would be amazing to see Abaddon redraw kids' designs. A character can be super interesting even if its not presented in the most refined of art styles, I'm sure he knew he'd get entries like that (hell, I bet he was even hoping he would!).

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You pick the raddest idea that would be cool to have in the story. Kids are perfectly capable of doing that.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

He has had competitions in the past where created characters were expressly there to appear in the comic, but I don't think that's happening in this one. But he could change his mind if there's any really cool ones.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

OhFunny posted:

I think the tournament is going to be disrupted when the other contestants notice the, now visible, key in Allison's forehead.

I suspect Solomon is going to clamp down on that immediately and make everyone play out the remainder of the tournament anyhow. Nobody fucks with his show.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm just hoping that book 4 gets some of these comics published with it as extra material. I want to see the kids' OCT comics in paperback!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Shaq-Fu or Chaos Dunk.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Gally posted:

I'm assuming the winners of the tourney are going to appear in k6bd proper, in which case it would be amazing to see Abaddon redraw kids' designs. A character can be super interesting even if its not presented in the most refined of art styles, I'm sure he knew he'd get entries like that (hell, I bet he was even hoping he would!).

Axe Cop tournament basically.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Allison vs. Lowtax.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Real tempted to have an OTC who wins things due to teleology and narrative and whenever they lose they'll end up losing because they didn't realize they were just a supporting character.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
I'd enter a single worm of Gog A gog's striking it out on her own, if I remotely had time these days to draw any comic panels.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

habeasdorkus posted:

Real tempted to have an OTC who wins things due to teleology and narrative and whenever they lose they'll end up losing because they didn't realize they were just a supporting character.

So, Gwenpool.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
After Operant's fanart of Allison from Gobolatula's It Hurts!! I need to see Tubsy in the ring punching somebody's skull out the back of their head

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

3 posted:

So, Gwenpool.

Chris Hastings gwenpool though, not other gwenpool from people who don't get the point.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

3 posted:

So, Gwenpool.

poo poo. I knew that was too good an idea.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bell_ posted:

After Operant's fanart of Allison from Gobolatula's It Hurts!! I need to see Tubsy in the ring punching somebody's skull out the back of their head

wait what where can i see this

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Just entered this cool guy into the contest. His name is Josh.

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

paranoid randroid posted:

wait what where can i see this

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/allison.jpg

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

One of those book-head guys, but instead of a book it's a teapot. Fights by throwing teacups he carries in a heavily bandaged crate on his back.

I have 0 artistic skill or talent, so if anyone wants to steal this clearly brilliant idea, go for it.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

guy made of books except for a floating human head

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Rotten Red Rod posted:

guy made of books except for a floating human head

Ah yes, the legendary Sheriff of Books

https://twitter.com/EverySheriff/status/1092773961132314624

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
One of those dancing man advertising inflatables except it also walks, talks and does mystical martial arts.

Also it's made of inflatable rubber so it takes a punch and bounces back like a champ.

When not doing martial arts he sells persian rugs and used cars.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Jim the Nickel posted:

this owns

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

eke out posted:

this owns

Thanks, here's his bio I submitted:

A Rootless whose journey has led him to being an enforcer for the royal family that runs the Chisel Pounder's Guild, which is currently based in the hell formerly known as Ys Enyaar, the Slanted Goddess. Like most Rootless, he has wandered the Red City for centuries, selling his talents as a swordsman and knowledgable grower of plants and fungi. He was sprouted with the latter talent, but the former was honed during decades of training, when his wanderings led him to the Thirty-third temple of the Order of the Twisted Oak, on a world conquered by Mottom centuries ago.

The Order of the Twisted Oak was founded on the Most Noble Principle of Chopping an Enemy's Head Off, utilizing their preferred tool, the macuahuitl (a wooden sword with obsdian blades embedded in it.) The order became masters of this tool, utilizing it quickly and efficiently to separate heads from the bodies of corrupt masters and kings, as a sacrifice to the order's patron deity, Un-Yalsa, He-who-stands-astride-the-twisted-oak-at-the-seat-of-creation.

Though not a true believer in their cause, the Rootless became quickly adept at the tool and its use, staying at the remote iron temple for decades, until the inescapable pull to wander led him back to the Red City. There he continued to sell his skills as a mercenary, as well as occasionally instruct pupils in the Most Noble Principle (a fine skill to learn in a city of gangsters.) His bandana enhances his third eye, and helps focus his Atum when fulfilling The Principle. When the call for entry into the tournament went out he answered, sensing his destiny lay ahead, but not entirely sure why. Meanwhile the Chisel Pounder's Guild is none to happy to have lost their best enforcer.

I'm just getting back into the ksbd universe after a couple of years so I hope all this works. Gonna probably resubmit after I draw some turnarounds and a little accompanying comic to increase my chances.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Tree Sin

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
A mimic that ate a Gog worm while mimicking an entrant who worships Voya, that Goddess who thinks she's a flock of birds. Reach Concordance Through Gog

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Yis Somebody Taped a Knife To This Roomba

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Jim the Nickel posted:

"i am poop"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

ThaumPenguin posted:

Yis Somebody Taped a Knife To This Roomba

Preem Roomba will loving cut you all. Easily ascends to tourney top 8.