Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Grape posted:

Did the UK always do this kind of Republican "lol gently caress the world we own!! suck my dicckkkk" stuff?

It's entirely for his brexiteer ultra base back home. standing up to the krauts.

boris' version of those brexit party MEPs turning their back on ode to joy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Grape posted:

Did the UK always do this kind of Republican "lol gently caress the world we own!! suck my dicckkkk" stuff?

No.
They used to do the "lol gently caress we own the world! suck my dicckkkk" a lot tho

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Grape posted:

owning the libs has always kind of been Boris's brand

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Martin BadClixx posted:

Most brits I know are helluva rad but what the gently caress is going on with their elextexed officials in the last few decades

It's always been like this, it's just become more obvious as our claims of superiority become increasingly laughable

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Avirosb posted:

No.
They used to do the "lol gently caress we own the world! suck my dicckkkk" a lot tho

Oh yeah no doubt. I mean like post-war.... and outside of the places they still owned trying to leave after the war...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grape posted:

Republicans are the good guys over there.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Grape posted:

What, did you think America came up with that on its own?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

I thought Britain's style was more standing off to the side and smirking, maybe quietly rubbing himself off.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Grape posted:

I thought Britain's style was more standing off to the side and smirking, maybe quietly rubbing himself off.

stereotypically they’d have a Boy for that. he’d be called a Choking-Muffin or something and horsefaced prep school boys would fight over the chance to become one

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Nocturtle posted:

Presumably in the case of a no-deal Brexit the UK waives all customs and import checks to stave off collapse. In that case the Irish border remains open but becomes a huge vector for smuggling goods into the EU. Maybe!

EU doesn't have to waive them, though.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

stereotypically they’d have a Boy for that. he’d be called a Choking-Muffin or something and horsefaced prep school boys would fight over the chance to become one

viscount louis choking-muffin is the name of the current boy you wykehamist pleb

the job title is fag

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

sullat posted:

EU doesn't have to waive them, though.

to this very day people are still earnestly talking about a second referendum to walk back article 50.

they honestly think this is a thing that could possibly happen

reality is not relevant

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'm so tired of all these brexits

So what the play this time? Pretend like you are going to run away but this time actually do at least some minor preparations so you don't look like a total idiot when everyone calls your bluff?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Mackers posted:

to this very day people are still earnestly talking about a second referendum to walk back article 50.

they honestly think this is a thing that could possibly happen

reality is not relevant

Why is it impossible or wacky that a second referendum that Remain wins happens? The moral/democratic argument is there, it's obviously untrue to say Leave voters were all voting for no-deal brexit. Labour has already laid out a legal route to a second referendum and it's still possible that enough remain MPs decide in the crunch to not be completely poo poo for once and support it.

Martin BadClixx posted:

That's why nobody in the eu likes them and they where helluva annoying trying to get anything done.

Most brits I know are helluva rad but what the gently caress is going on with their elextexed officials in the last few decades

Bruh loads of EU people love the UK because we swing the veto around. It's a whole thing that no-one is quite sure who will step up to be the new awkward fucker for the dumbest Commission poo poo if the UK leaves.

Our officials are poo poo because New Labour was poo poo and didn't attack the power nexus while creating a party structure that means the current left-wing force is comprised of careerist ghouls that think meritocracy is a thing. It's insane, the membership and the leadership chosen by the membership might well be good but there's this whole layer of useless in the middle that won't allow the unrad to be removed on the left, and on the right it's tories/tartan tories.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Martin BadClixx posted:

All will be ruled by queen Ivanka trump

No, we'll be ruled over by Prince Barron from his mountain palace built atop mount Snowdon. It will have a Moon Door through which political prisoners can thrown to be smashed on the rocks below, as Barron gleefully declares "let the Jam Man fly".

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Martin BadClixx posted:

brexit

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

AnoHito posted:

Wait, so what's actually gonna happen with Ireland if there's a no deal Brexit? I know there's theoretically supposed to be a hard border, but wouldn't that be pretty much impossible in practice?

In practice, yes.

In the mindset of the English, no. Because ultimately those uppity bog dwellers in Ireland will come around once the 29 March 2019 deadline kicks in. At that point they will realize the folly of their ambition to become an independent country that has benefited enormously from being a fully signed-up member of the largest trading bloc on the planet. If they know what's good for them, they'll abandon decades of progress and come crawling back to the embrace of the Glorious British Empire.

Hail Prince Barron, first of His name.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I mean yeah if the UK doesn't enforce a border the EU will have to, but this also means that the UK is going to get sued into oblivion by the WTO for having uneven border access.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Vitamin P posted:

Why is it impossible or wacky that a second referendum that Remain wins happens? The moral/democratic argument is there, it's obviously untrue to say Leave voters were all voting for no-deal brexit. Labour has already laid out a legal route to a second referendum and it's still possible that enough remain MPs decide in the crunch to not be completely poo poo for once and support it.

Bruh loads of EU people love the UK because we swing the veto around. It's a whole thing that no-one is quite sure who will step up to be the new awkward fucker for the dumbest Commission poo poo if the UK leaves.

Our officials are poo poo because New Labour was poo poo and didn't attack the power nexus while creating a party structure that means the current left-wing force is comprised of careerist ghouls that think meritocracy is a thing. It's insane, the membership and the leadership chosen by the membership might well be good but there's this whole layer of useless in the middle that won't allow the unrad to be removed on the left, and on the right it's tories/tartan tories.

Yo Oswald Mosley, gently caress off.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Martin BadClixx posted:

Yes

That's why nobody in the eu likes them and they where helluva annoying trying to get anything done.

spent the first 2 thirds of this post thinking you were talking about the irish because that's what the post above you was talking about

the dangers of not quoting

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

cock hero flux posted:

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:emptyquote:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
brexit
brexit
brexit
angela merkel chanted as if cheering for a football team

https://twitter.com/youngvulgarian/status/1164290141277626374

poty has issued a correction as of 07:22 on Aug 22, 2019

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

[/quote]

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHDPd4dRGEE&t=3752s

This is what brexit means

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Voting choice in the uk has become unprecedentedy linked to age cohort in the last decade. The Tories now draw their support from a solid bloc of oldies, who reliably turn out to vote. The under 50's mainly vote Labour, Lib Dem or Green (The Tory vote among 18-24yr olds is about 10% or something else stupidly low) but are somewhat less likely to actually vote.

Brexit, the current Tory government and Johnson as PM were all voted in by the olds, basically.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Pistol_Pete posted:

The Tories now draw their support from a solid bloc of oldies

And their financial support from a rotting bloc of deadies

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

ah, it’s GCSE results day so, in a similar fashion to A-levels results day, the media has multiple photos of .... scantily clad 16 year old girls!

anyway, Epstein has no connections to the U.K. or the royal family and The Sun solved paedo-Britain in the aughts

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
A professional photographer wrote an article about how all the posh private schools compete to get THEIR female teens in the papers, jumping in the air as they celebrate their results and how it was weird as hell when he thought about it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

a good way to get yourself put on every watchlist going would be to search mail online for the phrase “all grown up”

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Grape posted:

Yes, the UK has always been poo poo

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Vitamin P posted:

Bruh loads of EU people love the UK

you've confused love with tolerate which is incredibly British of you

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

jesus WEP posted:

a good way to get yourself put on every watchlist going would be to search mail online for the phrase “all grown up”

that rugrats spinoff was awful

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Vitamin Pissssssss

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Yo any goons heading to The World Transformed this year? Just got my tickets and wondered if anyone else was heading down to Brighton.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

MikeCrotch posted:

Yo any goons heading to The World Transformed this year? Just got my tickets and wondered if anyone else was heading down to Brighton.

is this an “brexit” ??

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Squizzle posted:

is this an “brexit” ??

BrexIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003