Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Luckily Berserk will still be going for the 46th anniversary too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
Just throwing out my prediction that Casca uses bechi to become an apostle by sacrificing her own son moon boy, who is ironically Griffith, pulling a reverse gotcha on his rear end.

Following this, chapter 360 is like 12 pages of Guts sighing and/or shrugging.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Pyrus Malus posted:

Just throwing out my prediction that Casca uses bechi to become an apostle by sacrificing her own son moon boy, who is ironically Griffith, pulling a reverse gotcha on his rear end.

Hah i feel like that could actually work. Casca definitely joined the pool of people who can use Checkovs bechi.

My money is on Puck though. You would think we haven't seen him pissed off enough, but i feel an attack on Elf Island is inevitable. No way Miura will be able to resist drawing 2 page spreads of unicorns goring apostles. After that, yeah, i can totally see Puck being pissed off enough.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

It blows my mind that it's been 22 years since Casca became a potato. Like, people were born and probably on their way to finishing college in that time.

drat I keep forgetting how old this drat manga is.

e: first number came out October 1989, a full four years before I was even born.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
https://twitter.com/Spytrue/status/1163745312126722048?s=19

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Pyrus Malus posted:

I thought Branded people couldn’t become apostles.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I see the small child on that cover and I'm filled with dread

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ethiser posted:

I thought Branded people couldn’t become apostles.
Miura has established that a branded person can't get branded/sacrificed again, but I don't think we know anything about becoming an apostle.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it says “produced by” Miura, doesn’t that imply he’s not actually the one writing/drawing it?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That's very clearly his art

Anyway looking forward to another manga about piss

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
*About small girls pissing on people.

:barf:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Dare you enter that magical realm?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

At least Guts and Caska's ghost child is getting a happy spinoff

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

I saw the cover, went "yep that seems just about right for Miura" and moved on with my life

I guess that explains the slower than slow pace we've been getting Berserk chapters at this year, at least

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

The Crotch posted:

Miura has established that a branded person can't get branded/sacrificed again, but I don't think we know anything about becoming an apostle.
Too bad we can sacrifice another page to this topic each year. Who's collated all the page references?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Torquemadras posted:

I see the small child on that cover and I'm filled with dread

Sammmmeeeeee

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Regardless of how many crude ancient beings that decide to take the non-assuming form of human children, someone on Reddit is saying it'll only be two chapters with the first done.

Hopefully this distraction from drawing highly detailed windy trees and wizard hats gives him strength for another 5+ years

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
https://mangadex.org/chapter/695119/ Just like I predicted, it's not over for Casca and her trauma.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

:smith:

Guts' expression at the end there

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So she wants to be able to interact with Guts like before, but can't do so without reliving the trauma. Somehow both better and worse than I expected.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Jesus poor Guts and Caska. Her characterisation seemed somewhat more formal than before.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well she's meeting all these people for the first time, mostly

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I like that straigth away she's re-established as being quite the capable warrior.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Shout out to Judeau for being mentioned for the first time in 15 years

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Sindai posted:

Well she's meeting all these people for the first time, mostly

Also, she feels like she’s in debt to all of them, so that probably influences it, too.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ya kinda need to just take their word for it that Casca is more or less at the level she was pre-eclipse. Miura’s action art has evolved so much since the last time we saw Casca fight that in comparison she looks like she somehow achieved super saiyan at some point during her time as a vegetable. What a badass tho.

But boy are things gonna be heavy moving forward :smith:

Augus fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 22, 2019

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

oh man :smith:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Even with everything else, it’s really cathartic to see Casca fight again

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Even if it’s not realistic I’d take Casca who can immediately get back in the fight vs. one who can’t.

Plus she should get magic upgrades too

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

MonsieurChoc posted:

I like that straigth away she's re-established as being quite the capable warrior.

Gotta be ready for the upcoming elf island slaughter.

In another note, i feel like there was at least a little timeskip between the previous elf island chapter. Could have been just a day but there is also that elf Island time fuckery going on.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I imagine ol' Skully's going to be like "I BEAR GRIM TIDINGS, THE WHITE HAWK HAS THE MEANS TO MAKE HIS PRESENCE FELT IN THIS SANCTUARY AND WILL SOON ARRIVE" and Guts is going to be like "thank god" and rush headfirst into battle so that he doesn't have to deal with how emotionally fraught this is

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:(

Pooor Guts...

Still I rather Casca be capable then her being useless. I mean.. how long was she basically comatose? 8.. 11 years?

I'm fine with Action Casca back.

so does this mean everytime she freaks out, she blanks out and forgot what happened?

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 22, 2019

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Shindragon posted:

Pooor Guts...

Still I rather Casca be capable then her being useless. I mean.. how long was she basically comatose? 8.. 11 years?

so does this mean everytime she freaks out, she blanks out and forgot what happened?

Probably closer to 5 years than 8 or 11. Black Swordsman was 2 years then everything since then's been about 3.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Harlock posted:

Shout out to Judeau for being mentioned for the first time in 15 years

I hesitated at that part because I did not recognize the apostle who killed him, and I just thought to myself: "what the gently caress IS that"

What a weird, unique design that dude had. Never to be seen again.

Anyway, I love that Action Casca is back, I kinda want something terrible to happen so that she can slay something

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
With Skull Knight looming in the background, you might get your wish! :v:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I imagine Skull Knight over there rehearsing how to tell Guts that he hosed up big time

"sooo...uuuh listen...remember that cool sword I had? the one that was so edgy that could even cut through dimensions? soooo....yeah...i tried stabbing Griffith with it and now he owns the world. crazy how that turned out, but it's ok cause....causality...yeah! that's it. it was fated to happen. so we cool?"

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Shindragon posted:

Pooor Guts...

I think it's just PTSD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

:shepface: