Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Bust Rodd posted:

I don't understand the "without your guns and special powers (that all players have equal access to) you are bad" like how 16 years old do you need to be to think that's an own?

"Hey! No powers!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Well it looks like he got chased out of the other thread he was posting in for defending Aziz Ansari and saying that #metoo victims should really just forgive their rapists already, they said sorry, jeeeeez

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!
Quite honestly. We've convinced ourselves this game is worth our souls. Let us live in delirium.

EDIT: Ahh man, I was turning over a new leaf and planning on not poo poo posting on people in here anymore. And you point that out?

Purr Objectives
Mar 3, 2017

Live fast, die young, and leave a beautiful corpse.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Well it looks like he got chased out of the other thread he was posting in for defending Aziz Ansari and saying that #metoo victims should really just forgive their rapists already, they said sorry, jeeeeez

:yikes:

Would also like to know about a $400 gaming PC that can render all current titles so that I too can throw my PS4 into a woodchipper.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

I'm kind of excited for cross-save and Steam Destiny, because now I'll turn the $2,000 paper weight sitting under my desk on and maybe use it for once.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I would play on PC but I'm literally a caveman. Every time I buy some PC parts I end up going "URRG THINKING HARD" and smash them all with a club.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Dude I built a pc from scratch and I objectively did a lot of the steps wrong and it still worked

It's not hard even if you plug the wrong deepdorp into the hoohah

Plus now you don't even have to put in optical drives, and I think all power supplies are modular instead of being a big fuckin octopus you have to wrestle

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Assembling computers is easy, the problem is the week of reading up on the latest greeblegorbs you need to buy to make sure the internet doesn't laugh at you for buying an inferior part and then sweating over your build on pcpartpicker trying to hit a reasonable dollar value while also making sure you can run crysis at max.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

xzzy posted:

Assembling computers is easy, the problem is the week of reading up on the latest greeblegorbs you need to buy to make sure the internet doesn't laugh at you for buying an inferior part and then sweating over your build on pcpartpicker trying to hit a reasonable dollar value while also making sure you can run crysis at max.

That is probably the worst part. Making sure the poo poo is going to work well together. The most stressful part was the mother board. And even though everything was suppose to work with it, there was a few minutes where I wasn't sure.

Also, topic contribution: Destiny looks good on PC.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Purr Objectives posted:

:yikes:

Would also like to know about a $400 gaming PC that can render all current titles so that I too can throw my PS4 into a woodchipper.

ok!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JHBQjy

you'll need a bigger SSD or a hard drive for your game library, but those are cheap as heck these days. also, you could do way way better buying used parts, but this'll be a bit faster than a pro console and you'll get all the FOV and graphics settings you want.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
also there's a whole thread full of helpful people who will help you build a pc because pcs are great

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774409

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Console wars stuff is some of the most tedious and shallow poo poo I can imagine. Who gives a poo poo.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The last thing I want to do when I get home from my computer toucher job is to go home and touch computers

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Emron posted:

Console wars stuff is some of the most tedious and shallow poo poo I can imagine. Who gives a poo poo.

computers are fun and good. consoles are fun and good. video games are fun and good.

right now, a cheap PC can outperform a pro console at the same price point, in a year that probably won't be true

technology is cyclical.

pagers are coming back.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

Gotta keep making that bread. But my PC was built probably over 10 years ago, now, and it still plays all current games at max settings

But I was younger and had a poo poo ton of disposable income

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

ok!

you'll need a bigger SSD or a hard drive for your game library, but those are cheap as heck these days. also, you could do way way better buying used parts, but this'll be a bit faster than a pro console and you'll get all the FOV and graphics settings you want.

Am I reading this wrong or is step 1 of building a $400 gaming computer to increase your budget???

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Am I reading this wrong or is step 1 of building a $400 gaming computer to increase your budget???

That's step 1 of everything in life.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
sorry i went 14 dollars over you're gonna have to sell your pancreas

if you honestly no poo poo want to build a PC for 400 bux just post in the part picker thread, it's an interesting challenge.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I think i misread. I thought you were saying to buy this 414 of stuff and then also get a bigger ssd on top of that

Also don't you have to buy windows or is that free now?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The last PC shooter I played was rainbow 6 rogue spear

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Well yeah, you'll need a hard drive, but I didn't bother putting it in there because you can pick up a 500gb for literally nothing on craigslist or ebay and pcpartpicker doesn't reflect that.

How about this, if you honestly build this computer PM me the receipt and i'll mail you a hard drive, i literally have a pile of spares.

actually PM me before you build it because I threw that poo poo together in 10 seconds and it's probably far from optimal

also you technically need a windows license but that's $5 on ebay or there's an SA-Mart thread.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think i misread. I thought you were saying to buy this 414 of stuff and then also get a bigger ssd on top of that

Also don't you have to buy windows or is that free now?

There is the implication in like every computer budget that you're just gonna loving steal windows. It's really easy.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
make your computer out of lifehacks idiot

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

make your computer out of lifehacks idiot

The best one is to steal someone elses... Gogo should know how that works.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Spiv posted:

The best one is to steal someone elses... Gogo should know how that works.

Grrrrrr you're lucky they stole my gun, too!

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Grrrrrr you're lucky they stole my gun, too!

I don't believe in guns... Check mate.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I used to exclusively game on a really nice custom built gaming pc. I have since migrated to Couch Console Gaming. That's cool. If someone wants to do the opposite, that's cool too. I can't imagine being an evangelist for consumer electronics.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I like couch pc gaming, as well as couch console

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I can drink eat and shitpost easier on the couch, but the pc siren don't can still call to me

Just bideo James everywhere imo

Purr Objectives
Mar 3, 2017

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

ok!

Total: $413.72*

:thunk:

*monitor, keyboard and mouse, speakers, and software not included

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

oh cool, this argument again

(an Xbox wouldn't come with a monitor or speakers either but also lol at assuming piracy is involved to hit a price point)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

1v1 me u binch

Ur not poo poo withoot your Erentil and your crossforum snipes

U scared of 1 vs 1?!!

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Purr Objectives posted:

Total: $413.72*

:thunk:

*monitor, keyboard and mouse, speakers, and software not included

If you like PCs i'll help you build one for whatever budget you got. If you don't then great, have fun, I love my PS4. Don't start this tired poo poo.

Purr Objectives
Mar 3, 2017

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

If you like PCs i'll help you build one for whatever budget you got. If you don't then great, have fun, I love my PS4. Don't start this tired poo poo.

I have a PC that I built. PC master race poo poo is tedious.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Is there an active PS4 clan? Now that cross save is out I kinda want to get back into this since my stuff isn't locked to PC anymore.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Guys, you're BOTH gamers, not because you have a console or a PC

but because you hate women and minorities

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Guys, you're BOTH gamers, not because you have a console or a PC

but because you hate women and minorities

bottom text

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

big nipples big life posted:

Is there an active PS4 clan? Now that cross save is out I kinda want to get back into this since my stuff isn't locked to PC anymore.

What's your discord ID?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Purr Objectives posted:

I have a PC that I built. PC master race poo poo is tedious.

agreed and holy poo poo that whole meme was horrible to begin with and now it's a loving branding opportunity in the same timeline in which we have actual literal fascists to worry about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Emron posted:

What's your discord ID?

I'm not at home so I'll have to look it up when I get there.