Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Nice MOC.

All the october star wars sets leaked for that new movie. https://www.promobricks.de/lego-star-wars-alle-neuheiten-oktober-2019/85104

Looks like stuff that's been released a million times before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Scipiotik posted:

Nice MOC.

All the october star wars sets leaked for that new movie. https://www.promobricks.de/lego-star-wars-alle-neuheiten-oktober-2019/85104

Holy poo poo, they are a bunch of re-releases, though I'd never pass up a chance for a fourth Y-Wing.

That Yoda, the dead eyes...

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
And an AT-ST from The Mandalorian TV series too. Otherwise that seems a whole lot of :effort: , interesting to see the revised Falcon with a fully enclosed hull

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

15 years after 4504 they finally made the top of the Falcon look good

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm not sure if I'm feeling any of those. The Resistance Y-Wing is kinda neat for being different, but it's also kinda ugly. Half-tempted by the A-Wing but I think I have like 3 at this point?

Also the Falcon looks real ugly to me, but then again I've never been crazy about the falcon.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.
Might be tempted to get that Yoda.

The rest is of no interest, even if Kylo Ren's Shuttle has a particularly awesome looking box art.

Also: Really, ANOTHER Y-Wing and Millennium Falcon? I'm surprised there's not an X-Wing again in a slightly different colour or something.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FBS posted:

15 years after 4504 they finally made the top of the Falcon look good

Only took a new wedge mold to pull it off! :v:

I might actually buy my first Falcon this time around. Not a fan of all the studs and the front forks seem too thin, so I think there's some good modification opportunity to bulk it up and cover it with tiles.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

To be fair there has been 3 X-Wings since the last non UCS Y Wing. The only one I'll get for sure is the Death Star gun since it's cheap and I really like that Ben Kenobi with the new hood part. Probably will grab the A wing once it gets discounted too, although I don't really need another one.I like the Y-Wing build but I don't really care for the color scheme. I'm glad the Falcon is only a moderate step up from the last one after I just spent $60 on BL and about 10 hours turning my TFA one linto a nice OT one. At least they fixed the glaring flaws it had for 20 years.

I'm also kind of glad I don't like that Yoda build much to begin with, because giving him a lightsaber instead of a cane sucks.

I guess this means no UCS Star Destroyer? Either that or they've done a better job keeping it under wraps.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
There are more leaked images floating around that show the back of each box. The Falcon opens up into four chunks and looks way better, but it’s still not different enough for me to replace the pre-TFA one I have. Y-Wing looks solid, the little speeder pack is cool, the Yoda looks awful, the A-Wing looks just like the Rebels set they did and nothing like the actual Resistance A-Wing that debuted in TLJ.

The back of the AT-ST box seems to imply it’ll actually have some leg articulation, and Kylo’s new shuttle actually does the folding wings properly but :shrug:. They’re all just incremental upgrades.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Of course the new new new new MF has the new droid minifig.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's the same articulation as the other recent AT-STs and similar walkers like the AT-DP have. They always move at the knees like that but it's pretty pointless since they will only stand in one position.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
That AT-ST looks pretty dope but that’s about it. Snow trooper looks cool too, but not worth buying the set.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

To be fair there has been 3 X-Wings since the last non UCS Y Wing. The only one I'll get for sure is the Death Star gun since it's cheap and I really like that Ben Kenobi with the new hood part. Probably will grab the A wing once it gets discounted too, although I don't really need another one.I like the Y-Wing build but I don't really care for the color scheme. I'm glad the Falcon is only a moderate step up from the last one after I just spent $60 on BL and about 10 hours turning my TFA one linto a nice OT one. At least they fixed the glaring flaws it had for 20 years.

I'm also kind of glad I don't like that Yoda build much to begin with, because giving him a lightsaber instead of a cane sucks.

I guess this means no UCS Star Destroyer? Either that or they've done a better job keeping it under wraps.

UCS is different beast, so probably will leak at a different time. They've locked down the leaks on the tent pole sets.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

That Yoda is the opposite of SNOT, its like Studs Everywhere.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

2019 lego is regressing to 2000 lego.

Maybe this is good and saves money for the company and takes them back to their roots, but it feels like the cat is out of the bag and it's too late to go back. Studs are ugly!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

That Yoda is the opposite of SNOT, its like Studs Everywhere.

I mean, it's technically SNOT because the studs are just about everywhere but the top!

"SNOTBEE" - studs not on top but everywhere else.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imo studs are fine but balance is important. It's good to not completely hide that something is made from Lego otherwise, what's the point? On the other hand I don't think studs should be so dominant that they are distracting. The studs on Yoda are pretty distracting much like that BB8 they did. That set really could have used some plates and slopes to smooth it out.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I'm laughing at the fact there looks to be yet another "Not-Tatooine" in the new film.

It looks to be a horrible build, but the Death Star Cannon is interesting; last wave or so they released the Luke & Leia swinging across the chasm set. Wonder if all the major scenes of the Death Star are going to be made into large set (i.e. The Trash Compactor)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

Of course the new new new new MF has the new droid minifig.

He’s also in the slightly cheaper Y-Wing set.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Ugh finally a color correct Kylo Ren shuttle with tilting wings. I like my modified one but I’ll toss it for a proper black/red one to go with his TIE.

Yoda looks horrifying.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I guess people keep buying these repeat star wars sets, but it's depressing that this is what they spend their time on.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Oxyclean posted:

I mean, it's technically SNOT because the studs are just about everywhere but the top!

"SNOTBEE" - studs not on top but everywhere else.

STEVE! STuds EVErywhere.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Davros1 posted:

I'm laughing at the fact there looks to be yet another "Not-Tatooine" in the new film.

It looks to be a horrible build, but the Death Star Cannon is interesting; last wave or so they released the Luke & Leia swinging across the chasm set. Wonder if all the major scenes of the Death Star are going to be made into large set (i.e. The Trash Compactor)

That looks like a fun little set yes. It's a bit scraping the bottom of the barrel for scenes, but it looks neat.

But why is there a Starwars original aimed at 4 year olds? Pretty sure they're advised not to watch those movies yet.

I wonder if more Rise of the Skywalker sets are coming. They appear to only have 2-3. The rest is other stuff, which makes me wonder if Lego doesn't have much faith in the movie.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Darth TNT posted:

I wonder if more Rise of the Skywalker sets are coming. They appear to only have 2-3. The rest is other stuff, which makes me wonder if Lego doesn't have much faith in the movie.

There’s always a second wave that’s out in feb/march after the movie releases. The first wave is always non-spoilery stuff from the first trailer.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Darth TNT posted:

There's 5 sets from the new movie there.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

I guess people keep buying these repeat star wars sets, but it's depressing that this is what they spend their time on.

I don't understand the repeat Star Wars sets complaints tbh. People seem to forget that these are still toys aimed at kids who will likely grow out of them while a new batch filters in. The majority of Lego buyers aren't people who are collecting them for decades so it seems reasonable to make variations of the same ships every couple of years. Plus there is only like, so many things that even appear in Star Wars and Lego has made almost all of it, so it's pretty much inevitable.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Harry Potter sets are remade, as well. I think the hagrids hut that came out is the 4th and the knight bus is at least the 3rd.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Saw this in Union Station in Toronto - not exactly a creative build, but still relevant:

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Waltzing Along posted:

Harry Potter sets are remade, as well. I think the hagrids hut that came out is the 4th and the knight bus is at least the 3rd.

There's been like five Hogwarts Castles as well.

The same thing happens with any long-running theme really. How many Fire/Police stations have there been for City/Town for example? You could even lump all the various pirate ships and castles over the years in there too. I don't think there's anything wrong with rehashing ideas, so long as there's enough change and improvement over time that each iteration is distinct from the last. Obviously that's more difficult with a licensed theme with specific vehicles/buildings and I don't think Lego has always put in enough effort with some iterations of Star Wars sets.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah it's true that some of the SW stuff has been lazy.

To me if it's a big improvement over a set I already have. Cool. I'll probably grab it. If it's not . Cool. That's money I don't have to spend. Either way I don't have a problem with rehashes.

But I guess it is disappointing when they make no effort to make the new version better. Like, the last X-Wing was really cool to me because it looked so much closer to how it's supposed to. I grabbed it instantly even though I already had 4 X-Wings. They keep re-releasing the Snowspeeder and never change the mediocre build though which just sucks.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
They could do wonders with a new Snowspeeder set if they just bothered to actually make a new windscreen part instead of using the same lovely pieces they’ve used since 2000.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
This had been on my to-do list since the original came out. I finally got around to it. The water slide decals were super easy and pushed it the next level.

Lots more pics here.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That looks awesome.

Is there a Bobby Brown minifig on the horizon?

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Big Mean Jerk posted:

They could do wonders with a new Snowspeeder set if they just bothered to actually make a new windscreen part instead of using the same lovely pieces they’ve used since 2000.

I agree actually. That particular windscreen part was originally designed to be a compromise between the X-Wing, Y-Wing and Snowspeeder cockpits to cut down on production costs, and that's why it was used in all three in the original wave of SW sets back in 1999. But it's been twenty years since then so surely Lego could have made a more accurate one by now. They've done it with the X-Wing and the UCS Snowspeeder after all.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Still bugs me they used it for the UCS Y Wing. It definitely fits the Y wing better than the other two ships but it’s an unfortunate ding on an otherwise perfect set. It’s not the right shape or scale.

I’ll never get why LEGO is so inclined to make new parts, hairpieces, minifig molds or whatever on just about everything but Star Wars which they always seem to cheap out on. ironically it’s the most over priced line by far, but also uses the most recycled stuff.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

deoju posted:

This had been on my to-do list since the original came out. I finally got around to it. The water slide decals were super easy and pushed it the next level.

Lots more pics here.

Nah, very much kidding, this is all amazing! I thought about buying a second Ecto when they were still available and doing a 1A conversion, but I never got around to it. Loving all the little extra details everywhere.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Scipiotik posted:

Nice MOC.

It's not all of them.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

deoju posted:

Lots more pics here.

Glad I'm not the only one with the firehouse mixed in with the rest of his city sets. Also that haunted ECTO is awesome.

Anyone by any Hidden Side sets yet, especially the school and school bus? Local Walmart only had the boat out.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Werix posted:

Glad I'm not the only one with the firehouse mixed in with the rest of his city sets. Also that haunted ECTO is awesome.

Anyone by any Hidden Side sets yet, especially the school and school bus? Local Walmart only had the boat out.

I'm waiting. There is a promo coming up to get a free hidden side juicebar in september from lego store when buying certain amount of hidden side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Scipiotik posted:

I'm waiting. There is a promo coming up to get a free hidden side juicebar in september from lego store when buying certain amount of hidden side.

Noice. Got a source on that promo?