Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Buy ammo crates? You can get like 5k+ scrap for a good "shoot all the breakable poo poo" run of an outdoor area, and ammo is like 200 scrap each.

(probably more if you bothered to clear the area first then equip the +breakable loot armor and run back through but I'm too lazy to bother)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
It's not the ammo as much as the adds are so numerous I can hardly focus on the actual boss.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

victrix posted:

It'll scale to the highest player if the power levels are very different, so it's not friendly for mixing in a maxed out char with.

I'd keep a separate 'friends' multiplayer char and just use that for cooping. Otherwise if you stay roughly around the same power level (3 tiers? can't remember, it's in that reddit post), it's fine to group up or play solo.

When we did our normal playthrough we primarily played together, but occasionally soloed a bit between sessions to check up on some quests/go read lore/track down a missing item/farm up a few consumables or scrap, etc.

I absolutely want to break this for speedrunning. I wonder if there's a janky route that involves the drop-in player leveling, the other player staying at level 1, and just constantly dropping in the drop in character after a zone is loaded and difficulty is set :thunk:.

Unless difficulty also changes when someone loads in?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I believe it's set per zone, as you zone in, for the rest of that "world" (ie until you reset it)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

anyone get the feeling from its description that frenzy dust is just cocaine

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

victrix posted:

I believe it's set per zone, as you zone in, for the rest of that "world" (ie until you reset it)

Multiplayer rescales :argh:.

I think the run is just run from boss to boss and literally never level up. Do Trait Levels affect scaling?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Traits do not, afaik, just gear level

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

and it will search your inventory so you can't put on a bunch of unleveled stuff before zoning.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Studio posted:

Multiplayer rescales :argh:.

I think the run is just run from boss to boss and literally never level up. Do Trait Levels affect scaling?

Bosses have a scaling floor that they won't go under. The example devs gave is the Ent is always at least level 5.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

raverrn posted:

Bosses have a scaling floor that they won't go under. The example devs gave is the Ent is always at least level 5.

:argh:

Though this would make the run more interesting than running through every single enemy

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i do have to admit, the prevalence of the game just magically spawning in enemies is a little bit disappointing. not that i'm saying it needs to be like dark souls in every respect if it's going to do the checkpoint/bonfire system but it's a little disheartening to see mobs just straight up poof into existence in front of my eyes with no fanfare or particle effect even.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

yo this game is rad

Tyskil
Jan 28, 2009
Is there like a discord group or something for this game? Playing with pubbies kinda blows because whenever I see a side path that might have loot or something in it everyone else just barrels past and I've got no way to alert them. Then other times they find a side path I didn't notice and all of a sudden I just get new gear out of nowhere with no context. I wish you could do emotes or callouts or something but I cant find an option to in the controls

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Tyskil posted:

Is there like a discord group or something for this game? Playing with pubbies kinda blows because whenever I see a side path that might have loot or something in it everyone else just barrels past and I've got no way to alert them. Then other times they find a side path I didn't notice and all of a sudden I just get new gear out of nowhere with no context. I wish you could do emotes or callouts or something but I cant find an option to in the controls

It's in the op.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

El Cid posted:

It is not guaranteed, nor in any specific area (other than it being in the first world) as far as I can tell. My first game I found it in the first dungeon, and then later with friends it was out in one of the street areas near the end. Speaking of which, I've been through the first world like 8 times now over various friends games and I still have never seen the healing item vendor guy's ring.

As luck would have it I found the coin in a side dungeon just after the church

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Johnny Joestar posted:

anyone get the feeling from its description that frenzy dust is just cocaine

Yup, that's also what I get out of the description.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
What weapons do you guys find from the bosses most useful? I just got the Sporebloom and now I'm starting to think the maul would have been better.

Orv
May 4, 2011

BexGu posted:

What weapons do you guys find from the bosses most useful? I just got the Sporebloom and now I'm starting to think the maul would have been better.

The weapon you get from killing the Undying King, Ruin, makes you effectively immortal, so that's always nice.

I'm also a big fan of Smolder, the sword from Singed and the Particle Accelerator Rifle from Claviger.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I've found melee is just bad (RIP my decision to start as a scrapper), so always try and get the gun. Things just do too much damage to risk it.

I know there's a lifedrain scythe, but I found a ring that gives the same effect and it takes a lot of hits to regen the damage from taking one.

Also, evasion ring might be the best item in the game. Any idea how many more iframes it gives you?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Is there more to district 13? I found a keycard practically at the beginning of the first area and decide to head back and explore, I found some nice stuff. I like the weird rear end 1960s science from the computer logs too.

I am a little annoyed they left everyone logged in as an admin though, that's poor security.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

there's another key slot like the one you used to start the crystal in the lowest area but I haven't found the key for it yet.

Orv
May 4, 2011

big nipples big life posted:

there's another key slot like the one you used to start the crystal in the lowest area but I haven't found the key for it yet.

End-ish of the game.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

so does every boss have a weapon drop? my first and only boss so far was shroud and all i got was some bit of wood which i was able to craft into a weapon mod which makes an aggro-attracting plant.

i'm all of a little bit past the root mother event and i've only found one extra weapon so far. i hear there's weird puzzles and stuff which i hope i haven't missed.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

so does every boss have a weapon drop? my first and only boss so far was shroud and all i got was some bit of wood which i was able to craft into a weapon mod which makes an aggro-attracting plant.

i'm all of a little bit past the root mother event and i've only found one extra weapon so far. i hear there's weird puzzles and stuff which i hope i haven't missed.

No, most mid-bosses have mods, with a couple exceptions. World bosses have weapons and typically a secondary kill toggle (shoot leg, shoot tail, etc) that gives something else.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Never heard of this game until it was released, saw some people playing it on Twitch and thought it looked ok. Gave it a try and drat, this is extremely my poo poo.

The combat feels so good and is definitely my favorite part of the game. The only boss fight where the adds have bothered me at all was my first boss fight, Gorefist, also the hardest boss I've faced so far. It really wasn't the adds that were the problem, just kind of an awkward/tight space for a boss fight like that along with the adds. I was also still struggling with the controls a bit so that probably didn't help. Normal walking speed kind of felt like I was moving through molasses, but eventually got used to it.

Fun enough I'll probably do at least one more play through.

Has anyone looked into/put any thought into the stamina traits? There's one that increases staminia, one that reduces stamina use from running/evading and the third that increases stamina regen... I don't know which is best :psyduck:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Orv posted:

No, most mid-bosses have mods, with a couple exceptions. World bosses have weapons and typically a secondary kill toggle (shoot leg, shoot tail, etc) that gives something else.

oh, that's a relief. i was worried i'd missed out on a cool bow from shroud or something with people talking about boss weapons and all that. i'm sure i won't find everything but i'd hope to get the vast majority of the actually notable poo poo that i can get in my world at least.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

katkillad2 posted:

Has anyone looked into/put any thought into the stamina traits? There's one that increases staminia, one that reduces stamina use from running/evading and the third that increases stamina regen... I don't know which is best :psyduck:

As someone who has platinumed every souls game my strategy has been "All of the above"

I don't believe you can go into stamina debt like a souls game, you can roll with a sliver, so I think the best one is anything that reduces stamina regen delay.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
I have a question about coop and loot:
I understand that the drops from bosses are shared for everyone but is the other stuff instanced too? like Ammo and Scrap and other drops? I'd hate to have to coordinate who needs ammo etc.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Everything except Ammo is shared with everyone.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

DatonKallandor posted:

Everything except Ammo is shared with everyone.

oh bummer. is it a pain to manage? I'm finding that ammo management is often kind of difficult single player depending on how bullet spongy a section of a level is.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

No, ammo drops are *individual*. Everyone gets their own.

Later you can just buy piles of ammo crates.

It's very rarely an issue, barring fights so busy even restocking is dangerous.

Also 3p Hard mode scaled to max tier is every bit as great as I was hoping in the later areas. Tons of enemies and they're still tough even at north of 150 trait level and maxed weapons.

Don't think we'll bother with a nightmare playthrough since it'll probably be "one shot, the game mode", but even if we don't touch it again after hard we more than got our money's worth of fun out of this.

Protip: persistent damage charges both weapon mods simultaneously. Wildfire is real good. Also the "heal on melee" ring works on your summoned buddies attacks :allears:

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

victrix posted:

It's very rarely an issue, barring fights so busy even restocking is dangerous.

Also 3p Hard mode scaled to max tier is every bit as great as I was hoping in the later areas. Tons of enemies and they're still tough even at north of 150 trait level and maxed weapons.

Don't think we'll bother with a nightmare playthrough since it'll probably be "one shot, the game mode", but even if we don't touch it again after hard we more than got our money's worth of fun out of this.

Protip: persistent damage charges both weapon mods simultaneously. Wildfire is real good. Also the "heal on melee" ring works on your summoned buddies attacks :allears:

oh that's perfect then. thanks!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I went back and killed that boss I was bitching about.

As usual the solution is to git gud.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

victrix posted:

Everyone doesn't get their own ammo drops. If you shoot a dude and a long arm box drops, there's *1* total long arm box across all 3 players, and if a person picks it up then it disappears for all 3 players and the two who didn't grab it get no ammo, unlike every other drop type in the game which is fully shared. It's quite possible for someone to suck up all the ammo drops and leave his teammates starved if he's an rear end in a top hat(which happens approximately 100% of the time in random pub games).

Later on you can just mainline ammo boxes so it doesn't matter, yeah, but early on it does matter who's picking up what ammo drops.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

victrix posted:

Nope they don't. It actually makes 3 player coop pretty interesting in that ammo management matters more.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

New patch just dropped https://www.remnantgame.com/en/news-article/11239243

quote:

BALANCE

Scar of the Jungle God bleed speed increased (same damage but faster).

Vengeance Idol buffed to 50% DMG below 25% health.

Breath of the Desert Charges reduced (3 to 2).

Breath of the Desert buildup requirement increased (500 to 750).

Gravity Core damage reduced (750 to 500).

Gravity Core AOE damage significantly reduced against friendlies.

Gravity Core pull significantly reduced against friendlies.

Gravity Core projectile time significantly increased.

Gravity Core buildup requirement reduced (2000 to 1500).

Tentacle Shot no longer hits friendlies.

Hunter's Mark buildup increased.

Certain mods should now properly target more enemies.

Removed the duration for Slayer Armor buff post reload.

Catalyst buff reduced (20% to 15%).

Adjusted method for gaining additional ammo during Ixillis.

BUG FIXES

Set bonuses should now properly update on client without needing to reequip.

Adjusted all Vyr Annointed weakspots (head) to be the correct size.

Ixillis fix for secondary particle not showing up for non-host (client).

Non-hitscan weapons (projectiles) can now deal weakspot DMG to Ixillis.

Shade/Shatter will should no longer get pushed out of their dome.

Projectiles used against Shade/Shatter dome will now DMG the dome.

Shade no longer becomes stuck in dome anim when Shatter is killed during startup.

Fix for The Harrow alternate kill method.

Nightmare no longer takes the same teammate every time.

Nightmare Portals will no longer wait to appear.

Certain Mods now properly attack Claviger's chest.

Many keybinding fixes.

Fix for inconsistent reviving where it would often cancel (YESSSS!)

Spectators should now see proper death/grapple/interaction animations.

Fix for saves without proper progression keys (Howling Key, Guardian Heart, etc).

Fuse box fixes!

Added persistence component to bell handler.

Bosses dying to DOT should no longer break the game.

Fixes for enemies grappling Rattle Weed.

Many additional trophy/achievement fixes.

Hair color should no longer change color when equipping Hunter Shroud.

Force Burst should no longer cause banished enemies to become suspended in air.

Ent scream should no longer instakill players using Mantle of Thorns (...lol).

Added minion tag to Monolith spawns.

Collision adjusted on Monlith tile to prevent players from falling through.

Added save bool for Lost Gantry to prevent lock-out if player exits on death.

Fix for certain elemental MOD damage types being considered Melee DMG.

Totems in Shroud dungeon should now always properly summon Shroud.

QUALITY OF LIFE

Ace has decided to sell higher quantities of Irons (with less min/max variance).

Matchmaking optimizations.

Told the Wasteland Goodboy that he's a goodboy.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
gorefist is obnoxious

that is all

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

That revive-cancel bug was hellacious. Glad to see it gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Breath of the Desert was probably still too good so decent change.

I do wish that bosses wouldn't summon elite help on solo. I beat old Canker last night but the variation on whether I was getting close or just screwed early during my many tries seemed to hinge on whether he spawned one of those four armed elites who like to be resurrect themselves if you don't spend time finishing them off. Jerks are such bullet sponges that they make boss battles completely unfun when they arrive. Otherwise, I really like that fight.