Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Tremek posted:

Sorry for the delivery address nightmare, this stuff came Monday and I was traveling this week. The frenchie LOVES the toys, and I have half the stuff to take over to my rottie once he's back (he went to the vet today for his ACL surgery - we bring him home, to my dad's house for recovery, tomorrow.)

Yay! By the end of last week, I'd given up! I'm glad it finally showed up, the doggos need some extra love in this hard time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You're the best of us here in AI dude, you've been through hell several times now and we just wanted to show you we cared.

Lots of other guys wanted to contribute but there's a lot of financial hiccups going on so I didn't want to try and guilt people.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Worth it for the dog pics alone.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Applebees Appetizer posted:

The 2nd gen xB is a good car tho? I like the first gen too but those were gutless, the 2nd gen has the 2.4 which is a much better motor imo.

I'm on my second "bloated" xB because the first one saved my life, not sure a first gen would have done that either.

Good? I would say its ok. However you rank the 2nd gen xB the general consensus on here and in general was the first gen xB was the better car.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Humphreys posted:

My ex put up a 'House rules' type print with a list of 'live, laugh, love' type poo poo. The last rule was 'break the rules once in a while'. I crossed it out with sharpie and wrote 'don't be a cheating whore'.

Yikes

T-Square
May 14, 2009

bolind posted:

Deep down I know (insert giving up science emoji here, can't loving find it.)

So gently caress the todolist, here's the pic:

On the left, kinda where all that junk is, is where the garage will hopefully be built. Aiming for just under 7x7 meters.

That's a seriously cool home, congrats.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Holy crap. A new home that isn't a cookie cutter plastic dollhouse or a mcmansion monstrosity. Good job dude.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

KillHour posted:

Holy crap. A new home that isn't a cookie cutter plastic dollhouse or a mcmansion monstrosity. Good job dude.

To be fair the danish have taste

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Coredump posted:

Good? I would say its ok. However you rank the 2nd gen xB the general consensus on here and in general was the first gen xB was the better car.

It's a good car, I wouldn't own one if it wasn't. Two completely different cars really, the first gen is just too drat slow imo.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

It's a good car, I wouldn't own one if it wasn't.

That is definitely not a given or even a rule of thumb around here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My wife's XD has been super reliable minus a rear spring getting loose. It's probably the most reliable car we've owned over our 11 years together and pretty much the reason I'm looking at Toyotas exclusively for my next car.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

My wife's XD has been super reliable minus a rear spring getting loose. It's probably the most reliable car we've owned over our 11 years together and pretty much the reason I'm looking at Toyotas exclusively for my next car.

AI: We'll all end up driving Toyotas eventually.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Coredump posted:

That is definitely not a given or even a rule of thumb around here.

"around here" lol ok how about this....It's a good car to me, therefore I like it. Is that acceptable Mr. Coredump, rule enforcer of AI?

:v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Yeah if it wasn't for the new Corolla MT being so gutless I might be considering one instead of a Civic when I go new. Really happy with the xB for an economy car, and my wife's LS for the luxury cruiser.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yeah if it wasn't for the new Corolla MT being so gutless I might be considering one instead of a Civic when I go new. Really happy with the xB for an economy car, and my wife's LS for the luxury cruiser.

I'm getting my ducks in a row for the next fun car but honestly, I think I'll end up in a Camry just for the sake of my sanity.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If you get the V6 I'm sure it will be plenty fun, faster than your Miata and maybe even the MS6 :v:

Also those red leather seats :swoon:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

If you get the V6 I'm sure it will be plenty fun, faster than your Miata and maybe even the MS6 :v:

Also those red leather seats :swoon:

I know right, 300+ hp in a family sedan.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

On the other hand...

https://www.motor1.com/news/365759/kia-stinger-secret-incentive/

Joiiiiiiiiiiin uuuuuuuus.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

"around here" lol ok how about this....It's a good car to me, therefore I like it. Is that acceptable Mr. Coredump, rule enforcer of AI?

:v:

Its okay you like your xB :haw:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Me leading off the line in my 100hp diesel Land Cruiser on the daily, constantly, forever.

I really do not see the slow car bad thing when I'm constantly having to pass cars with triple or quadruple the power. People still drive as fast/slow as they ever did it as far as I can tell, even if everyone is packing power.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

KakerMix posted:

Me leading off the line in my 100hp diesel Land Cruiser on the daily, constantly, forever.

I really do not see the slow car bad thing when I'm constantly having to pass cars with triple or quadruple the power. People still drive as fast/slow as they ever did it as far as I can tell, even if everyone is packing power.

How much does that weigh, because I think you are going to win the lowest hp/kg around here, I can only do 60hp/850kg

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

cakesmith handyman posted:

How much does that weigh, because I think you are going to win the lowest hp/kg around here, I can only do 60hp/850kg

1899 kgs or about 4187 lbs, with 96 hp.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Bag on the low power 1st Gen xB all you want, the wife loves it for the visibility. It's like driving a greenhouse.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

NitroSpazzz posted:

losing coolant

NitroSpazzz posted:

headlight connectors

🤔

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

It's really about the torque more than anything, being able to pull out into traffic quickly is nice rather than having to wait for enough room to get up to speed. For example when we had our HHR I needed a much wider berth to pull out into traffic because the base Ecotec torque was poo poo, I don't have that problem with the 2.4 in my xB.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

meatpimp posted:

AI: We'll all end up driving Toyotas eventually.

Oh god I hope not :(

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It’s not all bad. My Lexus is awesome.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd totally DD a manual transmission Kia Soul with the 2.4l engine (or whatever the bigger size engine they had in them).

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

Our Aurion (basically a Camry) with the 2GR-FE is a great highway cruiser. I prefer my Corolla for parking, driving around our narrow streets and general hatchback supremacy. If I lived in the States where the roads and parking spots are built for Canyoneros and gas is cheap, a lot of my objections to the Aurion would disappear.

And yeah, 300hp in a boring silver taxi is great.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

:colbert:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I mean your special project is part Toyota so you're already part way there, even if you did rip out bits of another Subaru to stuff inside it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

It's really about the torque more than anything, being able to pull out into traffic quickly is nice rather than having to wait for enough room to get up to speed. For example when we had our HHR I needed a much wider berth to pull out into traffic because the base Ecotec torque was poo poo, I don't have that problem with the 2.4 in my xB.

The Ecotec isn't AS bad with the manual. It's horrible with the automatic though, at least the 2.2 is. The 2.4 is a lot peppier and kicks down a shitload faster when you stomp it. The 2.2 has 150 hp/150 ft lbs in most cars (which isn't bad for what's essentially a 60s Saab tractor motor), but the automatic (and it taking forever to downshift) just sucks all the power out of it.

I've driven manual and automatic versions of my car with the same engine, and they're completely different cars. One is road rage inducing (for both the driver and all the other cars around you), the other is just annoying.

QuarkMartial posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd totally DD a manual transmission Kia Soul with the 2.4l engine (or whatever the bigger size engine they had in them).

They dropped the manual for all but the stripper model several years ago; I think you could only get the 2.0 (largest engine) + manual on the first gen. 1.6 on the 2nd gens for the base model, 2.0 on anything but the base (automatic only). Never got the 2.4 that I know of.

The 3rd gen is 2.0 across the board in the US, AFAIK, and can still be had with a manual (PRAISE KIA!).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Aug 23, 2019

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Yes. Yes this everyone please. I am glad that they got a real car person host in Rutledge Wood. He definitely serves as the patron saint/avatar of AI and can relate to the awesome/weird.

I stayed up until 1:00 in the morning and made it through five episodes because I am a masochist.

Drift racing is the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen, but they managed to make it entertaining.

Google Maps view of the abandoned Eastman Kodak plant in Rochester shows the course under construction: https://www.google.com/maps/place/E...1!4d-77.6293328

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

Drift racing is the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen, but they managed to make it entertaining.

Google Maps view of the abandoned Eastman Kodak plant in Rochester shows the course under construction: https://www.google.com/maps/place/E...1!4d-77.6293328

My ex father in law used to work there. Gonna do donuts where his cubicle used to be.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I need suggestions on how to break out of a funk. I haven't left the couch outside of work for like 3 days. Family's out of town and I just can't get motivated. It's cutting into my beekeeping duties/car stuff/hanging out with friends. I can be super productive one day then a slug the next. Getting tired of it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

:toot:
Those Pitwork belts are for a Land Cruiser, but otherwise all this stuff is in stock and available for purchase for a very limited run of a weird Suzuki van in the early 90s

I am floored they had the original decal packages.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

the spyder posted:

I need suggestions on how to break out of a funk. I haven't left the couch outside of work for like 3 days. Family's out of town and I just can't get motivated. It's cutting into my beekeeping duties/car stuff/hanging out with friends. I can be super productive one day then a slug the next. Getting tired of it.
Go to the local skate rink. Now.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Says the guy who fools around with Toyobarus.

Give in, buy a Hilux with big roo bars, flags, knobby tires, and sick decals. It would be dope af and you know it.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

the spyder posted:

Take a walk, get a shower after work, go eat out by yourself. Or maybe just sometimes you need rest. Or maybe some times you might need some help or maybe medication. I don’t know but there are a lot of people here to talk to if you need it. A lot of us have been there or are there now, good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

STR posted:

The Ecotec isn't AS bad with the manual. It's horrible with the automatic though, at least the 2.2 is. The 2.4 is a lot peppier and kicks down a shitload faster when you stomp it. The 2.2 has 150 hp/150 ft lbs in most cars (which isn't bad for what's essentially a 60s Saab tractor motor), but the automatic (and it taking forever to downshift) just sucks all the power out of it.

Yep it was the 2.2 AT, no power and drove like poo poo but it was a tank, only thing I ever replaced on it were brakes and endlinks which it liked to eat for some reason.

Also when it had the ignition recall, GM had a huge back order on parts so we were in a new Dodge Caravan courtesy of GM for like three months before they finally fixed it. My wife used the minivan to drive to NY and back and put a shitload of miles on it while we had it :v: