Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Maybe AEW is hiring him so they can ask "What did WCW do in this situation?" Then do the opposite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

trev please don't post this guy's tweets because whenever i'm reminded he exists it massively bums me out

e: the meltzer guy not alvarez

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I like how he even specifies ‘to children’ to try to make it sound as sinister as possible

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Teaching kids jujitsu owns hard actually.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Angry_Ed posted:

Yeah I really wish we could get more stories of backstage stuff during the dying days of Nitro.

"why am I dumb?"

It's always amazing hearing how he tried so hard to produce reasonable television by Russo didn't have a clue. Also sad to hear him talking about how he was thinking of positioning himself to maybe get a WHC push in a few years.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God I'm going to miss the Lance shows:

Bryan: Are there raptors in Toronto?
Lance: Raptors are dinosaurs, dumbass.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MJeff posted:

Teaching kids jujitsu owns hard actually.

it is but like any good parent you need to check that kinda stuff out. And it’s totally ok to walk if the trainer puts you off. They’re your kids yadda yadda.

Alvarez is a geek so I can see how that puts more uptight people off. I dont think he is because that would be weird as poo poo. Like mother Teresa wearing out a bordello weird as poo poo.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i wouldnt trust bryan alvarez with my life. dave meltzer on the other hand...

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Low Desert Punk posted:

i wouldnt trust bryan alvarez with my life. dave meltzer on the other hand...

trust dave with your life
trust bryan with your wife

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Man that is a bummer. Feels like we just got Lance back even since he was on that other network and all.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Bryan praising mayo filled sandwiches this week, he has to be the whitest Mexican there is.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Mayonnaise is Mexican as heck now. Sonoran dogs, tortas, all sorts of street foods, or as aoli in fancy places.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

God I'm going to miss the Lance shows:

Bryan: Are there raptors in Toronto?
Lance: Raptors are dinosaurs, dumbass.

:eng101: Raptors are birds of prey actually.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
B&V live review of the Super J Cup show they attended last night is recommended.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I assume they spoil the results instead of just giving general impressions?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Incessant Excess posted:

I assume they spoil the results instead of just giving general impressions?

Gave away results.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Thanks, trying to stay dark till it's on njpwworld.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It opens with Bryan defending that his purse isn't a purse and how he got to bring it into the arena even though they were not letting in bags because he almost cried at the idea of having to walk back to his car.

Edit: And a like 5 minute rant comparing NJPW and WWE camera work and how much better Shibata is at training. Bryan's yelling schtick sucks sometimes.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 23, 2019

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Yesterday's WOR started playing after the Lance show finished up and I caught something I didn't notice listening to it the first time. When Bryan says this is the earliest the Observer has been out in years Dave mutters under his breath "it hasn't been years."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Wazzu posted:

I mean what I saw was people either saying "only because of WWE" or "but he's not a household name, how can he be a mega star".

No one is a mega star in WWE by that metric.

One guy on twitter saying Moxley is only wrestling in hardcore matches, and when the G1 was pointed out, the guy proudly announced that he wasn't going to watch those.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Davros1 posted:

One guy on twitter saying Moxley is only wrestling in hardcore matches, and when the G1 was pointed out, the guy proudly announced that he wasn't going to watch those.

Someone should point out he has worked straight ahead singles matches in multiple promotions

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Incessant Excess posted:

Bryan praising mayo filled sandwiches this week, he has to be the whitest Mexican there is.

Amigo, please don't make comments like this. If you'd like to discuss feel free to shoot me a PM.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 23, 2019

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Mayo is good

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Rick posted:

Mayonnaise is Mexican as heck now. Sonoran dogs, tortas, all sorts of street foods, or as aoli in fancy places.
Mayonnaise is a scourge that ruined Japanese food and is now ruining Mexican food.

Somebody stop the mayo or it's gonna' manifest destiny its way into all other food.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
mayo is good and the fact that it makes some people so weirdly upset makes it even better

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

aioli is the absolute best thing to dip your fries in, do not @ me

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Someone should point out he has worked straight ahead singles matches in multiple promotions

Yes, but obviously those were poo poo matches because they didn't happen in WWE.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

jesus WEP posted:

:yeah:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

we get it, you're belgian

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

gently caress you i am not

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
The Belgian Bruiser Jesus WEP

“Savor your aiolis or I’ll kick you in the cannoli!”

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

Mayonnaise is a scourge that ruined Japanese food and is now ruining Mexican food.

Somebody stop the mayo or it's gonna' manifest destiny its way into all other food.

mayo is a colonizer pass it on

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

colonizer is right lol

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

Mayofest Destiny*

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

mayo is great on fries but essentially pointless on a sandwich

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
mayo is bad.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Even the smell of mayo makes me vomit. My ex-wife at a mustard-and-mayo hot dog and kissed me two hours later and I nearly puked in her mouth.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

a mustard-and-mayo hot dog

a what

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Whos scared of oil n eggs and lots of mechanical whipping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It makes no loving sense. I love oil and I love eggs. But mayo makes me not just gag, but full-on puke.