Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Maybe they will combine into an actual usable nationwide network instead of their current below average state.

And Dish will be the new Sprint.

Edit: :69snypa: lol two pages in a row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

$2 amazon giftcard is showing up in Sprint Rewards but the link seems to error out. Hopefully they'll fix it soon!

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Double posting to say it's working now!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

astral posted:

Double posting to say it's working now!
Nice, thanks!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I've been looking to switch from Virgin Mobile for a while now and SWAC seems like it's just what me and the wife need.

So do I just start the process, get into the plan selection and beg the rep to give me a hookup code?

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

FilthyImp posted:

I've been looking to switch from Virgin Mobile for a while now and SWAC seems like it's just what me and the wife need.

So do I just start the process, get into the plan selection and beg the rep to give me a hookup code?

Unless other people know something I don't, people in this thread talking about getting on SWAC are all people who were on SERO (another special plan that you haven't been able to sign up for in years).

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

But, he might be able to if you have a friend at Sprint or something. No idea as yes us SERO holdouts pretty much got ours when Sprint's old CEO was letting everyone use his e-mail as the reference. Those were the days.

The bad old 3G days..... At least the plan was good.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

I got my SERO account by walking into a Sprint store, asking for a business card, and putting the employee number from it in the referral field.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

EdEddnEddy posted:

But, he might be able to if you have a friend at Sprint or something. No idea as yes us SERO holdouts pretty much got ours when Sprint's old CEO was letting everyone use his e-mail as the reference. Those were the days.

The bad old 3G days..... At least the plan was good.

And those sweet, sweet phone subsidies.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

McPhearson posted:

I got my SERO account by walking into a Sprint store, asking for a business card, and putting the employee number from it in the referral field.
Someone mentioned they stopped putting the numbers on the cards, probably for this reason.

And yeah, I realize the chatter was about SERO trade-ups. My S7 is getting to the "pauses when typing or bringing up GMaps" phase and I night as well jump to a 9 while the battery works.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Welp, I never got around to buying a new phone - I just trimmed up the apps on my S5 (I was complaining about it was slow last month) and installed Foobar2000 instead of the incredibly bloated after an update Samsung Music (who's idea is it to make a music app that you can't see the time unless you press a button, sheesh.) And I installed one of those cache/memory "cleaners" which seems to help.

I switched from my basically free Kroger plan (with 100 minutes/texts, 50mb a data for $10 a month) to Tello, so I'll let you know how it goes. It's 300 minutes, unlimited texts, 2g LTE and I guess unlimited slower after that for $13 a month using a CDMA phone (you can set up your plan however you want every month.) I think unlimited minutes was just $1 or $2 more.

Are they just desperate to sell lines on Sprint's network? I couldn't find a deal like this with any GSM MVNOs.

Or is Sprint's network that bad that's all they can get out of it?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

thylacine posted:

Or is Sprint's network that bad that's all they can get out of it?

Ding ding ding.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
There's a reason that us SERO holdouts considered going to other networks for double the price and half the benefits, lovely network.

Luckily I'm in Michigan 95% of the time and it's good here.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Medullah posted:

Luckily I'm in Michigan 95% of the time and it's good here.

By good he means Sprint good, not Verizon good.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

moolchaba posted:

By good he means Sprint good, not Verizon good.

I actually get super clear calls and fast downloads. I understand that's the exception and not the rule though

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Medullah posted:

I actually get super clear calls and fast downloads. I understand that's the exception and not the rule though

With uploads that average 1-2 MB/s.

That's not good.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I've said it before, but when I was in China my free 2g roaming was faster than I usually get in the states.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I get 130 Mbps down and like 10-12 up. I also IIRC live in a Shentel area which means that the entire Sprint network here is managed by a small third party that actually cares about good service instead of Sprint corporate. If I ever moved into an area that was real Sprint, all the SWAC perks wouldn’t be enough to keep me.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

$5 itunes/app store code in the rewards app :toot:

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

astral posted:

$5 itunes/app store code in the rewards app :toot:

Which lasted about 5 minutes...

On a happier note my last 2 year contract for EPRP finally expired and after a couple of different phone calls/emails and approximately 50 different pitches to add a line and upgrade my phone I’m now in the loving arms of SWAC. I tried a few months back when according to the rep I spoke with my plan was not eligible for conversion, no mention of needing to wait it out.

I’m still trying to get used to Tidal after being an Apple Music user for years, Prime is nice, and lol at the Lookout Security that seems to be aimed directly at boomers who think their iPhone is hacked because they throw their password in any box that asks for it ever.

hrolfr
Aug 9, 2006
Do you think it comes in, like... cherry-gina?

hrolfr posted:

Received an email from seroescalations this afternoon:
"Your Sprint Wireless Advantage Club Migration account conversion has been processed on 07/25/2019 . I have configured the... Advantage Unlimited Plus plan ($30 with autopay)"

When I filled out the online migration form, I selected the Premium plan but was put on the Plus plan. I sent an email requesting Premium again on Aug 12. They switched me right away. I received Tidal, Lookout, and Prime, but no Hulu. Sent an email asking how to setup Hulu. I received no response, saw Premium was canceled when I logged in, and I was setup with a different plan..

Cancelled: Aug 12 - Sep 03
Unlimited Premium - 100GB Mobile Hotspot,Amazon Prime,
Lookout Premium Plus, TIDAL Premium, Full HD Streaming
-$7.33
Advantage Unlimited - Unlimited Talk, Text & Data
-$22.00

Added: Aug 12 - Sep 03
Unlimited Basic
$25.67
Premium Can/Mex Unlimited
$0.00
Amazon Prime
$0.00

I have no idea what's going on with this here cellphone.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

hrolfr posted:

Same thing happened to me when I signed up, just give them a call at 866-264-1282. These were the folks that could handle swac/sero accounts, their email support sucks.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

hrolfr posted:

When I filled out the online migration form, I selected the Premium plan but was put on the Plus plan. I sent an email requesting Premium again on Aug 12. They switched me right away. I received Tidal, Lookout, and Prime, but no Hulu. Sent an email asking how to setup Hulu. I received no response, saw Premium was canceled when I logged in, and I was setup with a different plan..

Now that swac plus/premium are just two different 'service' addons, you can actually switch back and forth really easily yourself in the "Manage Services" bit when you are back on SWAC. I'd definitely recommend calling in on the aforementioned line and seeing if they can fix you up.

edit: clarified

astral fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 14, 2019

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

SERO Premium 500 user here. I'm about to travel to Germany/Austria for a couple of months. Under my Sero plan's services it includes:

• Unlimited 4G LTE Data
  • Premium International Experience
  • International Calls Enabled

I can't seem to find in my account any clarification about what kind of International Roaming I have (if any). Anyone here have any experience using SERO Premium in Europe? Or anyone with SWAC?

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

webcams for christ posted:

SERO Premium 500 user here. I'm about to travel to Germany/Austria for a couple of months. Under my Sero plan's services it includes:

• Unlimited 4G LTE Data

I can't seem to find in my account any clarification about what kind of International Roaming I have (if any). Anyone here have any experience using SERO Premium in Europe? Or anyone with SWAC?

Under "additional services" there was an option to turn on international roaming and data but I don't remember what it was called. For a while there it was something you wanted to turn on as they were offering like 1G full speed LTE and unlimited slower data with it at the time.

SWAC has all that included now so if you haven't made the switch yet, you might want to and get all the perks for less than what you are paying for your current SERO.

So far all of us that made the switch seem to be alright.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

webcams for christ posted:

• Unlimited 4G LTE Data

With PIE you have Sprint Global Roaming.

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/services/global-roaming.html?ECID=vanity:globalroaming

Their international page seems to have been rolled into the regular coverage map so it's kinda annoying now; you have to punch in the areas you're visiting and then click "Rates & Carriers" at the bottom.

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/services/international.html?ECID=vanity:international
https://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?isIntlTravel=true

Germany and Austria look like $0.25/min, $0.00/text, free basic data but you can buy a high speed data day pass for $5 and/or a week pass for $25.

astral fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 2, 2019

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I went to Germany, France and New Zealand while on SERO and when I got in country Sprint texted me the rates and a link to buy data for a day rate or a week rate. A week in Europe was like $20-25 for unlimited 4G.

Once you accept/buy it'll ne added to your next bill and you'll more than likely need to restart your phone once to a few times to get it to fi ally pick up on the in country network.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Thank you all for helping clear that up! I filled out the e-form to convert my SERO over to SWAC, and hope it all goes smoothly. I guess while I'm traveling I'll plan on sparingly buying day-passes when I really need 4G.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I like that we SERO (now SWAC) folks can finally switch phones easily online now. I've flipped back and forth from a few different phones using the "activation" link. Only takes a minute.

We had that originally and then they took it away at some point with SERO, but now it's back.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
I'm just bummed that SWAC popped up after I switched to Fi.

I'd tolerate lovely Sprint for all the benefits SWAC has.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Same, I gave up my SERO 500 for Fi and regret that. Now I'm deciding whether to switch back to Sprint or go to T-Mobile.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Managed to get a SWAC invite thanks to a helpful salesperson. Grabbed an S10 and iPhone 11, but couldn't port my wife's account (I'm new to Sprint).

Couldn't take my number from Virgin so I'm spending a month in the Google Voice ghetto getting everything forwarded. They really make you suffer for going VMobile

Planning on doing the same for the wife, who is a current Sprint subscriber.

I know that in 18 months we'll have to pay for the phones, but the price for both out plans comes out to just about what she was paying for one phone so it's very cool at the moment. Maybe even a little bit better since Hulu and Amazon were included.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah I dropped Sero for regular Sprint One or whatever it was called because I needed to hot spot, and it was the same price after employee discount. Like a month later they rolled out Swac

astral
Apr 26, 2004

$3 panera on sprint rewards

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Sprint Megathread: Just coupon codes and regrets.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Tidal is just refusing to activate on my wife's iphone. Will probably need a visit to the local store to sort it out.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Tidal is crap and doesn't work well with anything.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

$5 Amazon in Sprint Rewards, but it's a bit weird - unlike normal, this one's in the "Just for you" section, and if you don't see it right away you have to go back to the main page and then hit "Just for you" again several times to refresh it until you see it. I was skeptical but after around 10 tries it showed up for me!

When it shows up in the list, it'll say "Sprint Anniversary Reward".

There's also some free pizza hut bone-out wings in the regular Sprint Rewards section (through 11/10).

e: :siren: make sure to save/screenshot/copy/use the Amazon code ASAP because it'll disappear if you leave that screen and then it won't show up in the "Just for you" section any longer (maybe it'll randomly reappear if you keep going back and forth but no thanks)

astral fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 6, 2019

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Hey cool, it showed up after 10ish tries as well as a $5 bill credit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Harminoff posted:

Hey cool, it showed up after 10ish tries as well as a $5 bill credit!

Glad you posted this! I just tried a few more times thanks to that and the $5 bill credit showed up at the very bottom (I had to scroll to see it).