Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

inthesto posted:

First episode of Hell Freez-Over: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/451203428

I'm only 20 minutes in, but Freezo and Bushu get into a screaming match and it's magical

I'm only fifteen minutes in and Hing's understanding of doctor-patient confidentiality is loving insanity. Whoever said he seems like he should be smarter than he is nailed him so hard, so quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Surprise Cruel Angel's Thesis appearance

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

update: i love Bethanee

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

eke out posted:

update: i love Bethanee

Alex's genuine excitement over having all these abilities to use is really infectious.

It's really nice that the cast is playing more complicated characters now, because it means more ways for them to gently caress up.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
currently on part 1 of the Stranger Things stream and it's weirding me out seeing Hing without facial hair; its like when you see a stunt double in a movie

also theyve been playing for 90 minutes and the plot hasn't really moved. I've already forgotten twice that they were looking for philge and thats pretty impressive

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

LentThem posted:

currently on part 1 of the Stranger Things stream and it's weirding me out seeing Hing without facial hair; its like when you see a stunt double in a movie

also theyve been playing for 90 minutes and the plot hasn't really moved. I've already forgotten twice that they were looking for philge and thats pretty impressive

I'm almost done with episode 4 and this whole thing has been a real triumph of getting distracted and never advancing the plot of the adventure. They don't reach the upside down until episode 3 i think, and I believe they were supposed to get there in like the middle or maybe the end at most of episode 1.

Also Tom Walker missing the part of his brain that recognizes the ninja turtles is wonderful

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

With the DnD stream picking them up for Stranger Things + the current Freezo-venture: Have they gotten slotted in for the long haul by WoTC?
Or are they going to get kicked off again for a while once the freezo series wraps up?

I'm pretty glad for the extra content though.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
When Hell Freez-Over isn't on the official D&D channel; it's on the Dragon Friends's own twitch channel.

I feel like Greg Tito has to have a meeting with HR every time he allows the Dragon Friends onto the official D&D channel.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

inthesto posted:

When Hell Freez-Over isn't on the official D&D channel; it's on the Dragon Friends's own twitch channel.

I feel like Greg Tito has to have a meeting with HR every time he allows the Dragon Friends onto the official D&D channel.

I really do wonder how concerned they should be about their content getting too blue, because they don’t really seem to be at all

Although I guess if a scene of a bunch of frogs sucking each other off early on in the stream of annihilation wasn’t going to get them banned, then maybe nothing will. I don’t really watch anything else on the d&d channel so maybe they’re not even that obscene compared to other stuff that gets hosted there.

Anyway I hope they keep getting picked up because I really do only want good things for these goofballs

Also I finished the stranger things stream: it was a glorious clusterfuck, but the finale of hopper getting shot to death by a cop-hating bird person shouting “do I make you horny baby?” while throwing devil horns made the whole thing worth it

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 15, 2019

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Also I finished the stranger things stream: it was a glorious clusterfuck, but the finale of hopper getting shot to death by a cop-hating bird person shouting “do I make you horny baby?” while throwing devil horns made the whole thing worth it

The D&D Live stream really ended with the perfect Dragon Friends session recap. "You did not successfully win the adventure, you escaped, and everybody else died. I feel like that's on par."

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
There's a new episode but I decided that this was far more important

https://twitter.com/JordanRasko/status/1152000920122617857

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

inthesto posted:

There's a new episode but I decided that this was far more important

https://twitter.com/JordanRasko/status/1152000920122617857

Guess i'll have that stuck in my head for a while now

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
I now know the word "convivial" thanks so much Dave!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

LentThem posted:

I now know the word "convivial" thanks so much Dave!

I'm still not sure what a balustrade is

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm so happy we finally get to hear Hing sing this episode

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1153348988281720832?s=19

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

finally catching up on this season. some worryingly competent combat at the start, great to see it all come crashing down. Dave enumerating their many mistakes was one of the funniest moments yet. Love these knuckleheads.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
https://twitter.com/daveharmon/status/1156048354641473537

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

I would just have every tavern in Faerun serve Miller High Life and Tonino’s pizza rolls.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
meeting that tribe of elves who turned out to be secret cannibals was awk, though.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
New episode: https://play.acast.com/s/dragonfriends/c53cc457-4d46-4ba7-a795-14fc90ac747b

I don't understand why I'm laughing so hard at Smiggins Smiggins

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Great episode. Absolute highlights for me were the gloves, Smiggins Smiggins, and no one acknowledging Dave referring to Hing, the player, as Freezo.

I’ve also been keeping up with When Hell FreezOver on twitch, which has had some great content. When I tuned in last night, Bethanee was being frantically badgered into preparing a catering platter.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah the stream is a lot of fun, I'm enjoying it more than the stranger things thing (there's just something more wholesome about the players gutting their own adventures instead of something wotc sponsored them to play).

I gotta say though, with 2.5 hours of content/week coming out of the stream, a <1hr podcast coming out every 2 weeks is such a tease

Also I'm down to the first episode of FTAGH in my backwards listen through the series, so that's not helping with the withdrawal either

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
extremely good mental image from a recent bisofttitty.png: neo eating the red pill from morpheus's hand, like a horse would

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Not sure if you folks are in the Dragon Huddle Facebook group, but someone posted a compilation of Hing being confused. It's quite good.
https://youtu.be/ZBYNu4VQ4OQ

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm also a bit behind on the Twitch streams, but earlier this week they did a stream of HeroQuest, with Shak, Jordan, Edan, and Carlo playing.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Their picture-in-picture mode for HeroQuest was pretty neat, and seems like a good way to show off boardgames.
Now, if they'd only start streaming at >720p that would be great, but I guess Australian internet isn't capable of that.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The stream with Ben in it recently is a lot of fun. All the draggos are great but Ben really brings a lot of energy to the show and it’s a shame he can’t regularly do the stream (something about living far away and having a small child)

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

I do hope Hing gets more random, lovely, bargain bin magical items, because it's just wonderful how he's trying to shoehorn those glasses into being useful.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Today's episode is a very even-numbered episode.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

inthesto posted:

Today's episode is a very even-numbered episode.

I was honestly quite impressed by the cabbages

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Great save by Dave in the second act.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Yeah, I was legitimately impressed by Dave's swerve to get the plot back on track and keep the tension up.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

I was honestly quite impressed by the cabbages

any time Ben completely commits to some insane nonsense the cast has dared him to do it's incredible

that whole theatre sequence reminded me of the boy scout camp talent competition in the tomb of annihilation streams. and, like the TOA, it ended with lots of innocent people abruptly being murdered as a result of Hing

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I can't believe that things worked out such that attending a nine-hour play was actually a totally sensible thing to do.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Organza Quiz posted:

I can't believe that things worked out such that attending a nine-hour play was actually a totally sensible thing to do.

It was definitely an audible called by Dave, and a good one at that

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Man, not only did Ben do a really good job with actually putting in that play, but Dave made it work so well that I laughed and said "oh poo poo" out loud at work while listening. What a good adventure with has been.

I also started backing on Patreon and listened to When Hell Freezo-ver, and I'm so glad with the various ways that Dave has learned to punish Hing.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

inthesto posted:

It was definitely an audible called by Dave, and a good one at that

Dave mentioned in the dragon huddle that it was actually Ben slipping him a note that resulted in that twist, so this is apparently ben’s opus through and through.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Dave mentioned in the dragon huddle that it was actually Ben slipping him a note that resulted in that twist, so this is apparently ben’s opus through and through.

Well, in that case, let it be known that Dave is has no worth as a DM and Ben should take over the show

(Dungeon Daddy Dave owns and no other DM could ever steer the Dragon Friends the way he does)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
WAINK

just listened to the last two eps on a flight, could not contain my laughter