Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
All appearances of the Joker post-Leto have been a dang hunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Blast Fantasto posted:

My favorite is the one where Kung Lao just like, punches their loving face 1000 times.

same, love his Donnie Yen punches in these games. Also love the Shang Tsung throw that sucks your soul out.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Obscure character "Bane" lol

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Jamesman posted:

I just figured it out.

The Joker in the Kombat Pack isn't actually the real Joker, but Takeda who was turned into a Joker.

honestly that would be a pretty cool twist on a guest character lol

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Naming my joker variation "$20 Cosplay", my Sindel variation "Have a Kiki", my Terminator variation "Boomer Prime", and I don't know what to name Spawn.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Name would be a two armed Goro.

This would rule

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Obscure character "Bane" lol

Joker has pop-culture appeal. For example, my girlfriend would be hard-pressed to tell me who Bane was if I didn't also mention that he's the big dude Tom Hardy played in Dark Knight Rises. While she knows exactly who the gently caress Joker is.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Does your girlfriend play a lot of Mortal Kombat?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Does your girlfriend play a lot of Mortal Kombat?

I wish.

Look, I'm not saying there weren't potentially better DC choices than Joker. It's just that everyone knows Joker so I understand the decision to go with him.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah but that joker looks like the "evil clown" display guy on a lovely halloween costume

Vakal
May 11, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Yeah but that joker looks like the "evil clown" display guy on a lovely halloween costume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCpJaog6HJo

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

peer posted:

so what's everyone's favourite brutality other than chop chop

Jade’s forward-throw one where she embeds her staff in the opponent’s eyesocket.

Also the one where she vaults onto the opponent’s shoulders and then brutally shanks the everloving poo poo out of their head and face, including once in each eye for good measure.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The Frost one where she explodes them with her head then poses while the head awkwardly slides back onto her shoulders

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Johnny Cage sunglasses brutality

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The Frost one where she explodes them with her head then poses while the head awkwardly slides back onto her shoulders

yeah that's a good one. I love frost's lovely cyborg body

the Kano one where he pulls a complete skeleton out of the opponent's back is good too

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

peer posted:

so what's everyone's favourite brutality other than chop chop

I like D'Vorah's back throw, which is basically Chop Chop except she flings their corpse aside at the end

D'Vorah has a LOT of really good brutalities

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Blast Fantasto posted:

My favorite is the one where Kung Lao just like, punches their loving face 1000 times.

I'm also partial to his grab one where he just jams them down on his hat until they burst.

And then turns to the camera, coated in gore, and goes "CLEARLY I'm better."

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I just found this video that shows off nearly 200 brutalities, the very first one has Shao Kahn helicoptering the opponent’s torso off using a spear. loving amazing. :allears:

https://youtu.be/UZnzdDxzjyQ

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

18:56 this is some MK4-quality looney tunes animation lmao.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

exquisite tea posted:

18:56 this is some MK4-quality looney tunes animation lmao.

Who is the announcer voice in that bit?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Xenomrph posted:

Who is the announcer voice in that bit?

Johnny Cage

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Speaking of Cage Announcer, it's too bad he doesn't have any funny names at all for Shang Tsung.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

peer posted:

so what's everyone's favourite brutality

Man that’s not even a question, it’s obviously-

peer posted:

other than chop chop

...nevermind

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

DLC Inc posted:

So Ash was definitely moved in favor of a half-done Joker for that preview

:argh:

Joker looks lame but Terminator and Spawn make me happy as can be

Joker seriously looks like that guy from uhhh The Purge

Something about his eyes, he doesn't look REMOTELY intimidating. He's just like, smiling. He looks like a child.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 23, 2019

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

He looks like Tim Heidecker playing the Joker. I hope he does the voice work.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Xenomrph posted:

I just found this video that shows off nearly 200 brutalities, the very first one has Shao Kahn helicoptering the opponent’s torso off using a spear. loving amazing. :allears:

https://youtu.be/UZnzdDxzjyQ

I really hope that kold war Skarlet skin is released for everyone, it's loving perfect :swoon:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Spud 69 posted:

He looks like Tim Heidecker playing the Joker. I hope he does the voice work.

It better be Mark Hamill

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Mr. Neutron posted:

It better be Mark Hamill

I’d be shocked if it wasn’t Richard Epcar again considering how close he is with Netherrealm.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The only clowns I want in this game are Doink and Dink who have a Ferra/Torr kinda deal going on.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'll :toxx: myself into a Joker name/avatar if that Joker model doesn't see explicit improvements by next year because there's just no fuckin way that it's done, the rendering for his face is SO much lower quality than every character in the game

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation
That joker looks weirdly boyish and clean cut. If you took off his makeup you could bring him to church with you.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Catfishenfuego posted:

That joker looks weirdly boyish and clean cut. If you took off his makeup you could bring him to church with you.

That is honestly not a bad idea for a joker take. I am probably the only one who thinks that.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
This leaked joker into is bonkers..

https://youtu.be/bxuYdauUKx4

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Malcolm Excellent posted:

This leaked joker into is bonkers..

https://youtu.be/bxuYdauUKx4

Ok well I’m sold now. The character model and animation look way better in game than that trailer

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Stoked to see both Kano & Cetrion featured in Kombat League V... I was kinda burned out on KL and told myself I'd sit the next one out unless any of my mains were featured. Now I get two full cycles to chill out, and rewards for TWO of my mains when I start up again, so that's nice! I was getting pretty compulsive about the whole "5 sets a day thing," it'll be refreshing to just do some Kasual play or muck about with Towers for a while.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Getting your daily KL rewards at just five matches was helpful to me because I tend to go on tilt and stop focusing on the matchup when I’m just pounding out games in ranked.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm trying to see what the WORST abilities to slot in are. Surely the Nightwolf one where he throws his axe behind you and then you have to call it back is a big fuckin waste.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Kotal’s ability where he sends his light beam after you is actively worse than the standard one where he just casts it on himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mr. Neutron posted:

It better be Mark Hamill

Mark Hamil is like seventy years old and can barely do the Joker voice anymore

it's not going to be Mark Hamil

please just let the BTAS voice actors rest