Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
gently caress Smash Bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Imagine going to GP Vegas with your modern Humans deck only to get clowned in round one by some fantasy writer playing U/W Legendaries with Isamaru and Urza's Ruinous Blast.

edit; I mean. Really.

MrBling fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 23, 2019

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Star Man posted:

I don't disagree, and I'm far more partial to Mortal Kombat and Tekken and the like, but Smash is still discussed in the fighting game thread.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

fadam posted:

Hey ShaneB, the newest ep of the Dive Down is a banger. Just a correction you might want to make next week, though: your co-host (I’m still learning names, I only know Stanislav and you right now) erroneously called Smash Brothers a competitive fighting game.

Thank you for the props! It was a slightly risky episode but people seem to like it so far! I have no comment on Smash. I tried it on switch but didn't love it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tubgoat posted:

I don't disagree, and I'm far more partial to Mortal Kombat and Tekken and the like, but Smash is still discussed in the fighting game thread.

Star Man posted:

fadam posted:

Hey ShaneB, the newest ep of the Dive Down is a banger. Just a correction you might want to make next week, though: your co-host (I’m still learning names, I only know Stanislav and you right now) erroneously called Smash Brothers a competitive fighting game.

If it headlines EVO, it’s a fighting game!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

If it headlines EVO, it’s a fighting game!

Go check out the 2006 games list amigo. EVO has a long and storied history of promoting children’s party games on the big stage.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

We have a lot of terrible conversations here, can we not have the 'does smash bros count as a fighting game' one?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

MrBling posted:

Imagine going to GP Vegas with your modern Humans deck only to get clowned in round one by some fantasy writer playing U/W Legendaries with Isamaru and Urza's Ruinous Blast.

edit; I mean. Really.

If I still played Modern, this looks like the kind of deck I'd try.

ItBreathes posted:

We have a lot of terrible conversations here, can we not have the 'does smash bros count as a fighting game' one?

we live in a world where competitive gaming has been defined as "esports"

this includes games like magic arena and hearthstone

these games are no more sports than internet chess.

my point is that dumb classifications are unavoidable

Framboise fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 23, 2019

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Star Man posted:

its fun

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
big fan of the alt-right dumbass who spends thousands of dollars on a game where you pretend to be a wizard telling us what games are and aren't for children

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I’m not alt-right

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I've never played smash brothers :smug:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

please sign my change dot org petition to add the donkey kong hammer to tekken, soul calibur, doa, and mortal kombat so that we can generate a molten salt reactor from carehards to get us off fossil fuels

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Star Man posted:

Is that the parody game on Nutaku?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

fadam posted:

I’m not alt-right

Your av looks like every maga mass murderer, including no chin

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Sean posted:

Turn your monitor on

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Sean posted:

little munchkin posted:

big fan of the alt-right dumbass who spends thousands of dollars on a game where you pretend to be a wizard telling us what games are and aren't for children

Fadam’s a stupid gently caress but he’s not alt-right, both of you eat poo poo and don’t throw out baseless accusations like that against somebody

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Whoa buddy, I’m not a stupid gently caress either

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Owlbear Camus posted:

please sign my change dot org petition to add the donkey kong hammer to tekken, soul calibur, doa, and mortal kombat so that we can generate a molten salt reactor from carehards to get us off fossil fuels
:hmmyes:

fadam posted:

Yet you participate in Something Awful! Curious! :smuggo:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

fadam posted:

Now that one there’s a whole thread of evidence for

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Look buddy, I may be stupid but I don't gently caress. Futhermore

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Tubgoat posted:

:hmmyes:

Yet you participate in Something Awful! Curious! :smuggo:

Only ironically, though.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Nothing ironic about my participation in SA, it's literally the best purchase I have ever made.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

ItBreathes posted:

Why don't we settle this dispute with honor? Face off at dawn, final destination, no items, only fox.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Today, to save fuel for our time machine we go forward to 2003 to look at Scrye #52. At this point Scrye had totally given up pretense of being anything other than a price guide that people threw away every month so the paper is phone book tier. That said there's still a bunch of contemporary tournament reports, decklists, and ads for pretenders to the throne. https://archive.org/details/ScryeMagazineIssue52

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Has anyone sent you the gaming pinup one yet? It's got Mewtwo on the cover iirc.

Also just lmfao forever that after using Radiant, Archangel as their Magic representative, their future issue with the winner used a cheesecaked-up generic Serra Angel for the cover. x'D

Edit: Inquest I'm talking about, not Scrye. Sorry for the confusion.

Tubgoat fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 23, 2019

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Owlbear Camus posted:

you're back!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

ShaneB posted:

you're back!

I been a little burnt out on it for a while pulled in a lot of directions grown up poo poo and gaming hobby wise without much spare time for it all.

Probably gonna sell most of my paper stuff worth anything in the samart thread and donate the bulk, hang on to a few commander/pauper decks and stick mostly to arena.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Owlbear Camus posted:

I been a little burnt out on it for a while pulled in a lot of directions grown up poo poo and gaming hobby wise without much spare time for it all.

Probably gonna sell most of my paper stuff worth anything in the samart thread and donate the bulk, hang on to a few commander/pauper decks and stick mostly to arena.

Don't do it! (Do it)

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

fadam posted:

I present as evidence to the contrary, your posting history

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yawgmoth posted:

I present as evidence to the contrary, your posting history

Turn on your monitor.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

fadam posted:

Turn on your monitor.

Are we pretending you don't have some pants on head ideas about problems that take 5 minutes of google to figure out that reek of chuddy explanations from you? then I'm really good at magic now. Like super good

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 23, 2019

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Posting about posting sucks. Knock it off please.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
No one:

fadam: Turn on your monitor.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

PleasantDirge posted:

Are we pretending you don't have some pants on head ideas about problems that take 5 minutes of google to figure out that reek of chuddy explanations from you? then I'm really good at magic now. Like super good

What lol?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Hogaak is banned on Monday, right? Or are they going punt it and ban something else this time?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cactrot posted:

Hogaak is banned on Monday, right? Or are they going punt it and ban something else this time?

Either him or they’ll gently caress up and ban a bunch of enablers instead.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I've heard one or two people mention Stitcher's Supplier as a potential ban target but Hogaak is such an obvious target right now.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I'm very curious to read their explanation for how the bridge ban was all that was necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

They might unban BfB as a low effort make-good at the same time.