Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

HenryEx posted:

So. which movie is this scene from?

It's not, its just some tourist trap shot for a temple in Thailand or something. I forget the exact country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

I think he and Sonic might be related, because he did the exact same thing when Saitama countered his attacks at first.
Aren't they from the same village?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Suspicious Lump posted:

Aren't they from the same village?

We'll know in three years when Sonic, Shadow, Flash, Smoke and Lightning finally fight.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

That fubuki artwork was so good

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

RareAcumen posted:

Flashy/Lightspeed Flash felt less redundant compared to other names but fair enough.

I mean, this is why I've never liked Flashy Flash as a translation, because using the same word twice ruins the impact of the theme naming. Hellfire Inferno, Hurricane Gale, and Speed of Sound Sonic all say the same thing twice - Lightspeed Flash fits the theme naming so perfectly that I'm always a little disappointed its not his English name.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gnome7 posted:

I mean, this is why I've never liked Flashy Flash as a translation, because using the same word twice ruins the impact of the theme naming. Hellfire Inferno, Hurricane Gale, and Speed of Sound Sonic all say the same thing twice - Lightspeed Flash fits the theme naming so perfectly that I'm always a little disappointed its not his English name.

Flashy Flash sounds like he's a show-off and also quick to me. Lightspeed Flash just makes me forget his name isn't actually Flash when I see it.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

gnome7 posted:

Flashy Flash is a genuinely bad translation, and always has been, yes. The joke in the Japanese, though, wasn't tied to speed, but literally in the 'illumination illumination' sense (just like Sonic is 'fast fast' with his, 'fire fire' and 'wind wind' for the other two) so lightspeed doesn't really work, because that would be 'fast illumination', making a speed pun with a form of illumination in the word would be too clever for the village of redundancies. Shining Flash was what I suggested to Ultimateking years ago, and he used in several translations, but the official (er, not original) went with the lame Flashy, so...eh. I know Flash isn't the brightest bulb in the Hero Association, but Flashy Flash just makes him sound like a four year old, rather than the dumbass edgy teenager trapped in an adult's body that he is.

Aoi fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Aug 23, 2019

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I kinda like Flashy Flash insofar as it’s probably a dumb name the Hero Association thought up like Caped Baldy, as opposed to the actual tryhard name Speed of Sound Sonic came up with for himself.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It was already confirmed that Flash comes from the same place as Sonic, as Gale Wind and Hellfire Flame confirmed it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Billzasilver posted:

That fubuki artwork was so good

To be a mangaka on Muratas level you must draw 100 Normal Fubuki, 100 Getting Dressed Fubuki , 100 swimsuit Fubuki and say 10 Fubuki Besto Garl O Yea

Every
Single
Day

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I appreciate that Murata will take any excuse to draw Fubuki even if she's not shown up for 40 chapters in the actual story

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i really enjoyed this chapter, whenever saitama gets screentime i say "yes"

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Saitama is great. They should make him the main character.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Saitama is great precisely because they use him sparingly so its still fun every drat time he shows up to make people shocked at how ridiculous he is

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
We haven’t seen the serious saitama art in awhile either IIRC, so it had a little ‘ooooohhh poo poo’ moment where you think he might fight a S class

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm going to beat you up

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Say something

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
He was being bit of a dick to Saitama....I just find it more hilarious how bad his memory or lack of care, cuz wasn’t Flashy Flash in that briefing with the alien ship?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shindragon posted:

He was being bit of a dick to Saitama....I just find it more hilarious how bad his memory or lack of care, cuz wasn’t Flashy Flash in that briefing with the alien ship?

Pretty sure this flashback shot was during that event, yeah.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I was talking more about Saitama’s lack of care/memory of the S rank heroes. He was ready to end his life haha.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Saitama is not especially smart and doesn't pay all that much attention to the world around him, or other people. Why would be bother remembering someone like Flashy Flash?

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Saitama easily keeping up with speedsters while having absolutely no running form will always be the greatest

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

my parents boyfriend posted:

Saitama easily keeping up with speedsters while having absolutely no running form will always be the greatest

I will forever appreciate the visual gag of Genos doing that stupid ninja run while Saitama casually jogs along with him.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
no one has said anything about garou and im lowkey kinda upset about it rn

my boy is back after over a year

my beautiful boy

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shindragon posted:

I was talking more about Saitama’s lack of care/memory of the S rank heroes. He was ready to end his life haha.

Oh I got mixed up who you were talking about. I thought you meant FF.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Well, I mean, they were both ready to kill each other, because neither of them remembered each other, that being the joke, so...

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Sorry Genos; you tried, but Flashy Flash and Saitama are the comedy OTP.

So Saitama has 4 ninja speedsters who want to kill him because he "saw through their attacks". I hope that eventually he has like 20 or 30 that just follow him around as a mob and constantly get stuck in doors and stuff.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
I am starting to understand why so many ninjas leave their hidden villages though. The moment you start to grasp the techniques, it turns into Thunderdome.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost

Billzasilver posted:

Saitama is great. They should make him the main character.

Just give him a spin off like they did for Mob after his brief appearance in chapter 1 of Reigen.

yota821
Sep 3, 2006
Next update will be September 5th!

https://twitter.com/nebu_kuro/status/1167005697583632385?s=21

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Me preparing for more Murata Garou.

yota821
Sep 3, 2006
Any day now, only two pages left per Murata:

https://twitter.com/nebu_kuro/status/1169594395781287937?s=21

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

My understanding of Japanese is growing. I can read the 2!

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
It's already up:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/703373

I'm gonna go ahead and imagine that Mark Hamill is voicing the cat man.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
fuuuk the chapters so good but what a cliffhanger, that hyper real scary cat face was too spooky!!!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Haha, Breaking that dudes knife with just his eyelid. When you're outclassed in OPM, your always super turbo gently caress you outclassed.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I still love the tiny Saitama with the "menacing" onomatopoeia

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jerkface posted:

fuuuk the chapters so good but what a cliffhanger, that hyper real scary cat face was too spooky!!!

:catstare: When Nyan realizes he's no longer going to be used in a joke he's utterly terrifying.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

There's only one Class-S hero that can save them all...

...and he's stuck doing chores around the apartment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jimbot posted:

There's only one Class-S hero that can save them all...

...and he's stuck doing chores around the apartment.

Are you implying that King would have any trouble with an opponent this weak? Because that's ridiculous.