Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/aliarikan/status/1164735661313855488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Imagined posted:

"We're looking for you!" according to Google Translate

the verb besuche (pronounced 'bazooka') means 'to visit' so i'm pretty sure it means 'we deliver to you'

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/labonteerlaely/status/1164834107055984640?s=21

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:perfect:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ignite Memories posted:

the verb besuche (pronounced 'bazooka') means 'to visit' so i'm pretty sure it means 'we deliver to you'

Don't besuchen the fun out of jokes, now.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ignite Memories posted:

lmao no, suchen is to seek, they're looking for you to become an employee (hopefully, could be to become the sandwich meat idk)

also besuche is very much not pronounced like bazooka wtf

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I'll take being mislabelled "Japan" over being correctly labelled "Australia"

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Krankenstyle posted:

lmao no, suchen is to seek, they're looking for you to become an employee (hopefully, could be to become the sandwich meat idk)

also besuche is very much not pronounced like bazooka wtf

If it was posted by an American, the fact that they acknowledged that different languages and countries exist is impressive in itself.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

bike tory posted:

I'll take being mislabelled "Japan" over being correctly labelled "Australia"

The fact that NZ is even on the map is already a victory.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

ha ha i have trolled you and definitely didnt get a C in german

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
I always loved the Besuche Josef comics on the wrappers of my brittle East German Kaugummi.

:getin:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Busket Posket posted:

I always loved the Besuche Josef comics on the wrappers of my brittle East German Kaugummi.

That's a lot of words for a piece of clothing that can be summed up as "Dummy Thicc Pants".

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Busket Posket posted:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/41Strange/status/1165158679647158272

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Michael Chrichton also wrote an entire novel about how global warming wasn't real and it had footnotes and evil Hollywood actors who got eaten by cannibals in Papua New Guinea so maybe let's not hold him up as a hero of the proletariat.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Yeah I always got the impression that his mistrust of science was more from a reactionary "Things man was not meant to know" personality than any sort of anti-capitalist politics.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

His later works are "global warming isnt real" and activists are scamming for money

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Moon Slayer posted:

Michael Chrichton also wrote an entire novel about how global warming wasn't real and it had footnotes and evil Hollywood actors who got eaten by cannibals in Papua New Guinea so maybe let's not hold him up as a hero of the proletariat.

And he named a character after an actual critic of his and wrote him to be a pedophile iirc

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Moon Slayer posted:

As the post explains, his problem was clearly with theme parks.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Interesting quote from Fred Barnes about Crichton meeting with President Bush:

"Though he didn’t say so publicly, Bush is a dissenter on the theory of global warming…. He avidly read Michael Crichton’s 2004 novel State of Fear, whose villain falsifies scientific studies to justify draconian steps to curb global warming. Crichton himself has studied the issue extensively and concluded that global warming is an unproven theory and that the threat is vastly overstated. Early in 2005, political adviser Karl Rove arranged for Crichton to meet with Bush at the White House. They talked for an hour and were in near-total agreement."

It also seems like Crichton was just kind of running an anti-technology grift. If he was alive today I would not be surprised if he started writing a book about how vaccines are causing some sort of widespread plague.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I read the book after seeing the film and maybe I'm crazy but why do I remember a dinosaur loving a jeep?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Michael Crighton's newest thriller... the flat earth.. of terror

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Who cares, it was a funny joke.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Ak Gara posted:

I read the book after seeing the film and maybe I'm crazy but why do I remember a dinosaur loving a jeep?

there's a thing in the second book where a t rex rubs its rear end/some sort of rear end paste all over a car to mark its territory, maybe that's what you're thinking of?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Ak Gara posted:

:frogon:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

And he named a character after an actual critic of his and wrote him to be a pedophile iirc
With a very small penis.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Strudel Man posted:

With a very small penis.

Easier on the kids I guess....every cloud!

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Easier on the kids I guess....every cloud!

:drat:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Interesting quote from Fred Barnes about Crichton meeting with President Bush:

"Though he didn’t say so publicly, Bush is a dissenter on the theory of global warming…. He avidly read Michael Crichton’s 2004 novel State of Fear, whose villain falsifies scientific studies to justify draconian steps to curb global warming. Crichton himself has studied the issue extensively and concluded that global warming is an unproven theory and that the threat is vastly overstated. Early in 2005, political adviser Karl Rove arranged for Crichton to meet with Bush at the White House. They talked for an hour and were in near-total agreement."

It also seems like Crichton was just kind of running an anti-technology grift. If he was alive today I would not be surprised if he started writing a book about how vaccines are causing some sort of widespread plague.

You can tell the book is fiction because it shows governments caring about scientific studies and making changes.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

so what did rob reiner get busted for?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Years ago Comedy Central would run an ad for one of those Girls Gone Wild tapes and there was a shot where a girl was taking her top off next to a reflective surface and they forgot to blur the reflection. It took a surprisingly long time for someone to notice this and fix it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

What am I not seeing here?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The shifter is in Braille. You know, for blind people.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Kwyndig posted:

The shifter is in Braille. You know, for blind people.

Read that post above yours again

Golden Dragon
Apr 9, 2007

Always speak politely to an enraged Dragon

Lobok posted:

I see what you did there

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lobok posted:

LÅL