Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Pomp posted:

Play more Quake

Get a Lenz, learn that you never need to aim again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

A Lenz and a Cyanex. Carpet-bomb and auto-aim.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Should I stop re-rolling this Snipetron riven?

Snipetron Critalis (at max rank):
+173.8% Critical Damage
+238.8% Critical Chance
-29.3% Reload Speed

Last time I was in the thread, I was given the advice to keep re-rolling until I got something crit based. The above seems good to me, but I could use someone else's perspective on it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Chip McFuck posted:

Should I stop re-rolling this Snipetron riven?

Snipetron Critalis (at max rank):
+173.8% Critical Damage
+238.8% Critical Chance
-29.3% Reload Speed

Last time I was in the thread, I was given the advice to keep re-rolling until I got something crit based. The above seems good to me, but I could use someone else's perspective on it.

This is a bomb as gently caress Snipetron riven - the reload speed stings a little but, gently caress,

Edit: that pushes the Vandal into a 136.9% / 7.9x weapon, christ

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 24, 2019

Malah
May 18, 2015

I'm thinking of writing a proper guide on Eidolon Hunting for Dummies. However, one key provision is that I've "discovered" (I'm sure plenty of other people know of) the K-Drive bug. Should I include this in the interest of fairness or is that an open secret that we don't want to draw attention to? It's relevant considering that it makes taking Harrow completely superfluous.

Malah fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 24, 2019

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
e: actually this might be a different bug than what i'm thinking of. If it's as busted as you seem to imply i don't know if i'd get too attached to it.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 24, 2019

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Mesadoram posted:

Random question, what fish do you all put in your two fish tanks? I was thinking small rare fish in the middle (so they can swim around) and small common in the other ones.

Brickies!

:3:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mesadoram posted:

Random question, what fish do you all put in your two fish tanks? I was thinking small rare fish in the middle (so they can swim around) and small common in the other ones.

I have Synathids in my main tank and Goopollas in the side tanks.

Malah
May 18, 2015

RoadCrewWorker posted:

e: actually this might be a different bug than what i'm thinking of. If it's as busted as you seem to imply i don't know if i'd get too attached to it.
Nobody else seems to have known about it (in pubs lol) because nobody would think to try it. I started getting on my K-drive instead of archwing to stop vex armor from dropping and noticed that it ignores the mag procs and damage entirely.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Malah posted:

Nobody else seems to have known about it (in pubs lol) because nobody would think to try it. I started getting on my K-drive instead of archwing to stop vex armor from dropping and noticed that it ignores the mag procs and damage entirely.

Doesn't void mode just do the same thing

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Malah posted:

do you have quick escape on your k-drive

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Quick escapes 5 second godmode isn't a bug tho, so i hope that's not what hes talking about - unless he means a way to make it stuck as a permanent buff. A regular harrow just seems way safer and reliable (and less prone to latency hiccups).

StashAugustine posted:

void mode leaves your warframe out there, which means the mag procs can still hit it and drain you (unless your harrow or oberon helps you out). Nothing a pizza can't solve.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Quick escapes 5 second godmode isn't a bug tho, so i hope that's not what hes talking about - unless he means a way to make it stuck as a permanent buff. A regular harrow just seems way safer and reliable (and less prone to latency hiccups).

void mode leaves your warframe out there, which means the mag procs can still hit it and drain you (unless your harrow or oberon helps you out). Nothing a pizza can't solve.

Or rock two sets of Arcane Nullifier when you collect enough. Perfect for new crews or having to stoop to pubbing it.

Malah
May 18, 2015

StashAugustine posted:

No. Mag procs still affect your Warframe and drain energy. K-Drive completely circumvents it. No damage or procs to frame. You can run around doing tricks and then just jump off your k-drive and get back to work. Completely renders Harrow and Arcane Nullifier superfluous so you can run Arcane Acceleration or something.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Phobophilia posted:

Hi how the heck do people deal with flying through the air and aiming and hitting enemy mobs.

Well, step one is mouse > controller.

Also you can use something like the Ignis Wraith / Arca Plasmor / Lenz / etc. where you just need to aim somewhere in the same general zip code as the bad guys.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:discourse:

njsykora posted:

I have Synathids in my main tank and Goopollas in the side tanks.

I do love the look of the Synathids... Mmm going to need to do some experimenting.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Quick escapes 5 second godmode isn't a bug tho, so i hope that's not what hes talking about - unless he means a way to make it stuck as a permanent buff.

same, but that's the k-drive based mag proc solution i heard of more or less the day quick escape was released so some clarification would be good

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Malah posted:

It's relevant considering that it makes taking Harrow completely superfluous.

it absolutely doesnt make harrow superfluous since he also provides a giant crit buff to the chroma and when you get on your kdrive you cant charge vs or proc shadow during the yell.

also there are already a bunch of eidolon hunting guides out there

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 24, 2019

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Psion posted:

that's the k-drive based mag proc solution i heard of more or less the day quick escape was released
Pretty much, so the idea of it being some treasured secret tech is hilarious to me. Might save some pizzas when you're pubbing maybe? I dont pub tri much (or ever, actually).

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I would eat a fried Charamote.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the kdrive mag proc thing has been posted on reddit a bunch of times. its not a secret.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I have one of every rare fish in my big tank and a complete (or nearly complete? there might not be room, I forget) collection of common ones in the small tank.

The big tank fish are medium-sized and I should probably replace them with smalls because every time I look at it I'm like "that's too crowded and also some of them are clipping out of the tank" but :effort:

also servofish only come in one size and i'm not actually sure if it's closer to medium or small

Malah
May 18, 2015

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Pretty much, so the idea of it being some treasured secret tech is hilarious to me. Might save some pizzas when you're pubbing maybe? I dont pub tri much (or ever, actually).
I figured it was just something that no one really talked about, but I've noticed since I've stopped doing premade triple tridolons that pubs are idiots and don't know about it (basic information like "don't use a mote amp" and "jump over shockwaves" has trickled down, though). I've always used it, but I never talked about it because I figured I found a neat little glitch that makes the fight significantly less annoying for my incredibly undergeared frame, and someone I play with is an extremely active QA tester. Twitter has to the actual loving worst for game devs considering their mentions get constantly bombarded. :psyduck:

I've barely seen any Harrows lately so I forget how much the crit buff does. I've been mentally slotting him in for Smite Infusion or Volt shields. And, well, so has matchmaking, I suppose?

Semi-related: did a tridolon today and forgot to switch loadouts, so I ran it through with Nezha. Wasn't that bad since I luckily had Safeguard and a catchmoon on, but it was still irritating at times to jump around him to get angles on synovias. Our Trinities kept missing with their Lankas.

Malah fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 24, 2019

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Phobophilia posted:

Hi how the heck do people deal with flying through the air and aiming and hitting enemy mobs.

I agree with everything other people have said on this, but (as someone who just started playing a couple of months ago) I've found that playing with your mouse look and scope sensitivity to find something comfortable for you is really key both in hitting stuff in general and to help land shots while in the air.

It really also just gets easier with practice. When I first started playing I could barely parkour my way out of a parka, and definitely could not aim at enemies effectively in flight. Now, it feels like a waste of a good jump not to get a few headshots in before I hit the ground. Having the muscle memory to parkour without thinking about it gives you more mental bandwidth to land shots with, if that makes sense.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

also universal FPS/3PS advice applies: lower your mouse sensitivity

for a game like Warframe where you're not really trying to hit headshots all the time and are rapidly switching directions a lot, somewhere around 25-30 cm/360 is probably about right but for most people that's still much lower than you intuitively went for, probably

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Malah posted:

I figured it was just something that no one really talked about, but I've noticed since I've stopped doing premade triple tridolons that pubs are idiots and don't know about it (basic information like "don't use a mote amp" and "jump over shockwaves" has trickled down, though). I've always used it, but I never talked about it because I figured I found a neat little glitch that makes the fight significantly less annoying for my incredibly undergeared frame, and someone I play with is an extremely active QA tester. Twitter has to the actual loving worst for game devs considering their mentions get constantly bombarded. :psyduck:

I've barely seen any Harrows lately so I forget how much the crit buff does. I've been mentally slotting him in for Smite Infusion or Volt shields. And, well, so has matchmaking, I suppose?

Semi-related: did a tridolon today and forgot to switch loadouts, so I ran it through with Nezha. Wasn't that bad since I luckily had Safeguard and a catchmoon on, but it was still irritating at times to jump around him to get angles on synovias. Our Trinities kept missing with their Lankas.

okay but like, third time, what mods do you have on your k-drive. are you actually using Quick Escape in which case this whole conversation is moot or is there something else you're talking about.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
As a lowly MR7 peasant scrub, whats the fastest way to gain mastery while solo? Using unranked stuff is severely painful for the first 10 ranks or so, and I dont want to drag people down by being useless while I level stuff up.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Umbreon posted:

As a lowly MR7 peasant scrub, whats the fastest way to gain mastery while solo? Using unranked stuff is severely painful for the first 10 ranks or so, and I dont want to drag people down by being useless while I level stuff up.

Spy. Prioritize the gear that you want to have a larger share of the stealth bonus in your hands when you clear a vault.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Umbreon posted:

Don't solo. You get way more affinity in squads and no one cares how useless you are as long as they don't have to revive you every 5 seconds.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Avulsion posted:

Don't solo. You get way more affinity in squads and no one cares how useless you are as long as they don't have to revive you every 5 seconds.

This. Do not solo. The affinity others gain will spill over to you. The best thing to run is stuff where you'll be in fairly close proximity, like Defense. Exterminates and such will end up with the team spread out (and possibly out of range) and Captures and the like have so few kills that it isn't worth it. Sanctuary Onslaught is probably the best thing to do period, since it's space-constrained and has a constant stream of stuff to murder.

For your own sanity it's also suggested you have at least one weapon you like/can kill well with at all times. It's torturous to try and level three bad weapons at once.

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

Avulsion posted:

:emptyquote:

fe: But really, don't solo for leveling stuff, that's just painful.

If you've completed the quest The New Strange you can do Sanctuary Onslaught which has a pretty high enemy density.

Some people still enjoy hydron/helene cause you do a fairly easy defense as get some relics as rewards.

Also can just jump into fissure missions.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

END ME SCOOB posted:

Spy. Prioritize the gear that you want to have a larger share of the stealth bonus in your hands when you clear a vault.

Seriously? The EXP bonus is that significant?

And by "Prioritize the gear" you mean only equip the gear I want leveled, correct?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Spy XP isn't going to blow your socks off, ESO is still better (as are various esoteric and now mostly obsolete methods like stealth chaining on Adaro or whatever) but it's something you get access to relatively early and can do solo.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Umbreon posted:

Seriously? The EXP bonus is that significant?

And by "Prioritize the gear" you mean only equip the gear I want leveled, correct?

A perfect vault run in tier 1 Spy missions is worth I think about 4-7k XP. So that's 12-20k XP in a single Spy mission just from vaults.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I was just about to bemoan how underpowered the Tonkor feels considering I adore the poo poo out of grenade launchers...

...Until I remembered that Mirage does not give one solitary gently caress about a weapons listed stats. Her only settings are "Murder" and "More Murder".

I should also try out Harrow, give this thing some good crit.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Mirage makes any weapon X amount better; she's a very consistent multiplier on power.

Harrow, on the other hand, is almost* unique in his ability to make otherwise-garbage weapons awesome.

* consider pairing him with an Adarza kavat for maximum gimmick

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Spy XP isn't going to blow your socks off, ESO is still better (as are various esoteric and now mostly obsolete methods like stealth chaining on Adaro or whatever) but it's something you get access to relatively early and can do solo.

ESO?

(And thanks for all the tips guys)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Umbreon posted:

ESO?

(And thanks for all the tips guys)

Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. Basically a horde mode that has higher spawn rates than any other mission type, you get access to it after completing The New Strange, IIRC.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah, there's 2 missions unlocked through The New Strange. Normal Onslaught (NOS) is lower level and great for levelling frames, and Elite Onslaught (EOS) is higher level, requires a level 30 frame and is great for levelling weapons.

There's also rewards in both, Khora (the Catframe) comes from normal and elite gives radiant void relics and (very rarely) parts for the Braton and Lato Vandal which sell for a lot of plat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Bug Squash posted:

The Queens are definitely full on Orokin, unless I missed something in the dialogue. The reason they don't look like Ballas is that they don't have access to the shiny Orokin technology to manufacture perfect bodies to transfer into. They've had to use what could be cobbled together from lovely Grineer tech, and the base stock is falling apart.

Them taking control of the Grineer seems like it was an opportunistic act by two desperate survivors in the last days of the Old War.

It's been a while since I read it but I remember a lore entry with some Orokin who got kidnapped by the Grineer and eventually had them working for her since she could run Orokin tech. Is that what you're referring to? Did she end up being one if the queens?