Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol Ryan smacking it into the post sums up this match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Carn the mighty fighting hawks!!!!

Go Adelaide!!!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"Jeremy Cameron caps his 150th game with nine goals against the hapless Suns, leaving Tiger Tom Lynch to kick 15 goals on Sunday to take the Coleman Medal off him. MICHAEL WHITING REPORTS"

I don't think you need to mention Tom Lynch.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
You know what, gently caress it. Pack up the season tomorrow as none of these poo poo-tastic teams deserve the flag.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

On paper the stats say this was a close game other than the scoreline. Hawthorn (see: Clarkson) just had an extremely suffocating defense through their half forwards and the middle of the ground. This is the 3rd week in a row that they have scored 50+ off intercepts. He's got a super effective game plan going on defense.

I wish I could get more advanced stats on marks and kicks to see drops/shanks/intercepts, because the Eagles certainly excelled in that today.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
LOL.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Of course we're now depending on Adelaide so you know, after the weird season we've had we still went 11-11 so I'm not going to be too cut up tomorrow when the Bulldogs win.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Nutsngum posted:

You know what, gently caress it. Pack up the season tomorrow as none of these poo poo-tastic teams deserve the flag.

Actually the Brisbane Lions starring my dude Charlie Cameron deserve the flag

EDIT: OK so I think Adelaide need to win by about 100 to get in on percentage. If they can't do that, go Bulldogs.

Chairchucker fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Aug 24, 2019

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Chairchucker posted:

Actually the Brisbane Lions starring my dude Charlie Cameron deserve the flag

Luke Hodge’s Brisbane Lions.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Diet Crack posted:

"Jeremy Cameron caps his 150th game with nine goals against the hapless Suns, leaving Tiger Tom Lynch to kick 15 goals on Sunday to take the Coleman Medal off him. MICHAEL WHITING REPORTS"

I don't think you need to mention Tom Lynch.

Probably just in there to generate a bunch of clicks from Tigers fans

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Whole of Richmond won't even kick 15 goals.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
West Coast sure did poo poo the bed to drop out of the 4

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

snaeksikn posted:

West Coast sure did poo poo the bed to drop out of the 4

If Brisbane win by enough we stay in 4th. So uh, hopefully?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The only time I've wanted Adelaide to win this badly was when it was them vs the Tiges in the GF.
They thought they were spectating in that game, so I'm assuming the doggies will romp home in this one.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Schlesische posted:

The only time I've wanted Adelaide to win this badly was when it was them vs the Tiges in the GF.
They thought they were spectating in that game, so I'm assuming the doggies will romp home in this one.

Just a reminder of how good it felt to watch Adelaide collapse in that game, and tex walker to give that wet fart of a speech after the game.

Let’s go tigers tonight, hope we book a spot in the 4. Of course the MCG advantage will be claimed if we win, but since no one mentioned that before 2017 I’ll just write it off as the whinging it is.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Tigers are the new Collingwood, mollycoddled with 20 home and 'away' games at the MCG during the regular season and permission to have a public cry about any umpiring that is less than a big leg up, and throwing the toys out of the cot when anyone suggests that maybe things are stacked heavily in their favour

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Want Richmond and Brisbane to draw to piss everyone off.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I'm sort of the opposite view; we really aren't good enough (but better than Essendon heh) to play finals (if we hadn't coughed up one of those stupid close losses to St Kilda or Melbourne early in the season, dammit), don't really mind the Bulldogs taking their place at our expense, and also ABSOLUTELY WANT THE CROWS TO SMEARED ALL OVER EUREKA STADIUM ON A COLD BALLARAT DAY because of all the whinging about other team's home favouritism.

On the other hand if the cards fall our way that's cool too, although I'd rather get the preseason started early instead of maybe having to go over to play West Coast again and getting trounced this time.

Diet Crack posted:

If Brisbane win by enough we stay in 4th. So uh, hopefully?
Given WC and Richmond are nearly equal on percentage, any loss by Richmond puts them behind the Eagles.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Hawthorn is still in it due to that gutsy win over the Blues at York Park. Gotta get behind them.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Adelaide getting pantsed fucks over them, Port, and Hawthorn so it should be a great day

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I was barracking for Hawthorn yesterday because they were wearing one of the best guernseys I've seen in any sport ever. I think it was just my evolutionary association of good-looking with good and just. Maybe the umpires experienced the same as me? Maybe the crowd did, too, and so the Eagles lost some of the cauldron advantage when the barrackers' hearts weren't in it?

Just a bit of feedback there for any club insiders looking for a drug-free advantage.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

NTRabbit posted:

Tigers are the new Collingwood, mollycoddled with 20 home and 'away' games at the MCG during the regular season and permission to have a public cry about any umpiring that is less than a big leg up, and throwing the toys out of the cot when anyone suggests that maybe things are stacked heavily in their favour

:hmmyes:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
not gonna complain that we're the new collingwood instead of the old richmond

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Solemn Sloth posted:

Petracca talking how it’s great that both he and Ben Simmons have managed to be successful in their sports...

I mean they're kinda similar. High draft picks, both have enough talent and attributes to be in the top echelon of their sports, both have glaring deficiencies in their games that they don't appear to have an appetite to improve

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

TRAITOR!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Challenging my inner ntrabbit watching the dogs get away with everything in Ballarat

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Rip hawks 2019

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Holy poo poo.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

realbez posted:

Rip hawks 2019

Don't be so negative. The crows only need to kick 7 unanswered goals to win. The fact that they haven't scored yet in nearly a full loving quarter is irrelevant.

I still believe.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 25, 2019

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Ah well that's what we get for losing to Melbourne, North Melbourne, Sydney and St Kilda I guess. And the Bulldogs in round 2 now that I think of it

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
If this keeps up this would have to be a coach killer match?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Imagine getting paid for a ticket to jog around the field and actually watch the Bont show up close and personal, what a life that Brad Crouch must lead

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Textbook tunnelling causing injury from Bontempelli but sure, play on

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
It’s bullshit if Richmond and Collingwood didn’t get so many matches at the MCG the crows would be up at this point but no

loving vic bias

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Crows have realised that winning by 100 is a bit hard, so they're gonna lose by that instead.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Chairchucker posted:

Crows have realised that winning by 100 is a bit hard, so they're gonna lose by that instead.

Eddie Betts is gonna fly around the earth backwards and reverse the rotation of the earth so -100 = +100.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Paul Roos and David King are insufferable.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Poor form from the crows for kicking a few goals.

Do they know that is frowned upon?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

C'mon Adelaide. All you have to do is double the score it took you 3 quarters to accumulate in a single quarter, whilst not allowing the opposition to score.

I still believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yeah Crows only need 150 points, easy.