Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Went on Soarin' Over California four times during my trip this week. It's fart tons better than World, but it's also like 50% longer and I think that's the reason they don't wanna keep it around.

I also spend most of my time wondering how they shot/composed the video. Would love some more insight on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Where do I go to buy every single one of those epcot posters

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Tim Whatley posted:

Yep new symbols

Epcot
Living With The Land, with Soarin getting it’s own icon
Journey of water (?)
The Seas
???
Spaceship Earth
???
Imagination Pavillion
Universe of Energy
???
???
???

I’ve no idea what the aperture looking one is after The Seas.

Guessing the vertical lines one - after S:E - is the Illuminations replacement.

After UoE, I’m going with Mission: Space (spinning!), Soarin (looks like a flying thing), and Guardians (sort of evokes the Xandarian ship taking off in front of the UoE building)

That leaves...the Play pavilion for the aperture? I don’t see the connection though.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Boxman posted:

That leaves...the Play pavilion for the aperture? I don’t see the connection though.

One hell of a way to scan a magic band I guess. But I think she'll take good care of your kids.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Would Mission: Space be the end one that kind of looks like a rocket? I don't know.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Boxman posted:

Epcot
Living With The Land, with Soarin getting it’s own icon
Journey of water (?)
The Seas
???
Spaceship Earth
???
Imagination Pavillion
Universe of Energy
???
???
???

I’ve no idea what the aperture looking one is after The Seas.

Guessing the vertical lines one - after S:E - is the Illuminations replacement.

After UoE, I’m going with Mission: Space (spinning!), Soarin (looks like a flying thing), and Guardians (sort of evokes the Xandarian ship taking off in front of the UoE building)

The one after Imagination is World of Motion/Test Track. Energy looked more like a sun.

Old icons here:
https://windows-cdn.softpedia.com/screenshots/EPCOT-Network-Nodes_1.png

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
God help me we might be making an impromptu trip down there next Saturday and leave Monday evening.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Fartington Butts posted:

Went on Soarin' Over California four times during my trip this week. It's fart tons better than World, but it's also like 50% longer and I think that's the reason they don't wanna keep it around.

I also spend most of my time wondering how they shot/composed the video. Would love some more insight on that.

The one thing I've noticed now that the projector's quality is better is that the paraglider (or whatever the hell that's called, the guy soaring through the sky past the large waterfall) is clearly CGI.

Also how they added a voice saying 'I'm okay!' after one guy falls flat on his rear end during the ski sequence.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

stratofarius posted:

The one thing I've noticed now that the projector's quality is better is that the paraglider (or whatever the hell that's called, the guy soaring through the sky past the large waterfall) is clearly CGI.

Also how they added a voice saying 'I'm okay!' after one guy falls flat on his rear end during the ski sequence.

I love that they have a guy who totally beefs it after trying to... snowboard off a 20 foot ledge?

I heard guests near me complaining about nausea during the sped-up LA part. If they cut off that bit and the PGA bit maybe it would be closer in time to keep it around.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Fartington Butts posted:

I heard guests near me complaining about nausea during the sped-up LA part. If they cut off that bit and the PGA bit maybe it would be closer in time to keep it around.

You know you might be on to something here... The stargate sequence from 2001, blasted wide open on to Soarin'. Holy moly you'd sell some dang e-tickets to that bad boy.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Spirit flights and pop century booked. Why am I doing this

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

couldcareless posted:

Because you love Magic ™ ~~*

Speaking of, we did a couple runs of Star Tours after coming back from Galaxy’s Edge and we got the Batuu ending both times. Anyone else?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Hazo posted:

Because you love Magic ™ ~~*

Speaking of, we did a couple runs of Star Tours after coming back from Galaxy’s Edge and we got the Batuu ending both times. Anyone else?

The Batuu ending is locked in place. You will always get it.

The rest of the ride depends on what you start with. You'll either get Prequel locations, Original Trilogy locations, or New Trilogy (Jakku and Crait) but they no longer mix and match. Apparently, this was done at the request of Lucasfilm directly.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

I read so much about the parks, but I had no idea about the Batuu ending when we went last September and I had the biggest fuckin smile on my face when I realized what I was seeing

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

The Batuu ending is locked in place. You will always get it.

The rest of the ride depends on what you start with. You'll either get Prequel locations, Original Trilogy locations, or New Trilogy (Jakku and Crait) but they no longer mix and match. Apparently, this was done at the request of Lucasfilm directly.

That’s really interesting to know. We got Vader/Sentinel droid/Kylo the last three times we rode, and we ended up on Batuu except for the first time where we got Naboo. Which by the way freaks people out if it’s their first time.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

One hell of a way to scan a magic band I guess. But I think she'll take good care of your kids.

As soon as Disney develops portal technology and a ride based on it, I’m so there. Imagine an infinite tower of terror that falls forever.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

You want to sob over the broken corpse that is Epcot and cling to our beloved great big beautiful tomorrow

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
There is nothing taken from epcot that I miss. Bring on the new poo poo.
I'll make sure to give CoP a good round.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Hazo posted:

That’s really interesting to know. We got Vader/Sentinel droid/Kylo the last three times we rode, and we ended up on Batuu except for the first time where we got Naboo. Which by the way freaks people out if it’s their first time.

I hate the Naboo ending because I get it all the time. That said, the spike at the end used to go through the glass. Now it just snaps off. I guess they deemed it too frightening

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

couldcareless posted:

Look the most important thing a park focused on innovation and the future can do is to never change and remain static the way I remember it drat it.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

couldcareless posted:

Kill the Coke refresh station. Put that poo poo in Disneyland. Gimme that Beverly.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1165301180991492097?s=19

(Epcot Prints)

Just murder my wallet now

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Zero One posted:

The one after Imagination is World of Motion/Test Track. Energy looked more like a sun.

Old icons here:
https://windows-cdn.softpedia.com/screenshots/EPCOT-Network-Nodes_1.png

:negative:

I should just hand in my magic bands

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY
Good afternoon, everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew what the process was for getting a table at trader sams Disneyland. We’ve gone before opening at Disney world and gotten a buzzer before, but probably won’t be able to get to the Disneyland hotel until 2ish on Monday. I don’t mind waiting for a table, but do we have to wait and vulture or can we put our names on the list and hang out at the resort? Thanks!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Sorry man I know fuckall about trader sams but everybody else here is super into it and will help you out shortly.

Just, though, wow. It's getting toward midday Saturday and nothing I love has been murdered yet. I was expecting a total slaughter and so far we have like, a Moana water fountain? D23 is really chill this year.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Sorry man I know fuckall about trader sams but everybody else here is super into it and will help you out shortly.

Just, though, wow. It's getting toward midday Saturday and nothing I love has been murdered yet. I was expecting a total slaughter and so far we have like, a Moana water fountain? D23 is really chill this year.

Only a few things park wise have been announced because people would see them when they went into the Parks booth on the show floor. Tomorrow is gonna be the big reveal and whooo boy, I think we are in for a doozy.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Haunted mansion: mission breakout in wdw

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Carousel of Progress but it's The Boys and The Deep's dick just punches you in the face every so often

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Guardians of the galaxy overlay on pirates to become Space Pirates of the Cari’bean.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Guardians overlay on everything

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Empress Brosephine posted:

Guardians of the galaxy overlay on pirates to become Space Pirates of the Cari’bean.

So, Treasure Planet? Sign me up

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

brunch with yr parents posted:

Good afternoon, everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew what the process was for getting a table at trader sams Disneyland. We’ve gone before opening at Disney world and gotten a buzzer before, but probably won’t be able to get to the Disneyland hotel until 2ish on Monday. I don’t mind waiting for a table, but do we have to wait and vulture or can we put our names on the list and hang out at the resort? Thanks!

Aloha!

Trader Sam's (the real one) is at least twice as big as Orlando, as well as being better in all other ways. There is no waiting list and no buzzers, but we've never had to wait very long. Weekdays are a mixed bag, but you stand a very good chance of just being able to walk in and get one.

If you don't have kids, sit at the bar, and if Malek is working ask him to make an Old Kungaloosh.

Edit:
You'd better get a Hawaiian cheeseburger, because they're loving amazing.

Edit 2: I guess it's technically smaller so I don't know wtf. The bar is much longer and that counts.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 25, 2019

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY

Beachcomber posted:

Aloha!

Trader Sam's (the real one) is at least twice as big as Orlando, as well as being better in all other ways. There is no waiting list and no buzzers, but we've never had to wait very long. Weekdays are a mixed bag, but you stand a very good chance of just being able to walk in and get one.

If you don't have kids, sit at the bar, and if Malek is working ask him to make an Old Kungaloosh.

Edit:
You'd better get a Hawaiian cheeseburger, because they're loving amazing.

Edit 2: I guess it's technically smaller so I don't know wtf. The bar is much longer and that counts.

Thanks! We will have our 10 year old, so no bar seating. Crossing fingers for a short wait!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

So, Treasure Planet? Sign me up

The boats are deleted from existence and you get that cool glider thing as your ride vehicle. :swoon:

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
https://twitter.com/easywdw/status/1165664391074852864?s=21

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Guess who got the omakase at Takumi-tei?

That’s half the meal.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Trailer for rise of the resistance looks so drat amazing

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Just did Hagrids Motorbike Adventure and it’s legitimately one of the best rides I’ve ever been on. Hot drat was it good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
First announcement for WDW: New Cirque show at Disney Springs based on Disney animation.