Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Ohh, man... That box set is calling to me! I actually own nothing Twin Peaks related at the moment!. The last time I bought the show was honestly for the first time I watched it, way back in 2002 or 2003. I remember I had seen seasons 1-2 (with the Log-Lady introductions) on DVD with my sole DVD player - a PS2! Those were the days. I actually had to buy separate sets for seasons 1 and 2, and then I believe I watched Fire Walk With Me on a Criterion DVD, around then or eventually.

I always really loved the first ~35 minutes or so of FWWM. I used to say it all the time, and it's still true - if Lynch had made a TV series entirely about Agents Chet Desmond and Sam Stanley, I would have been all over that show. Kiefer Sutherland and Chris Isaak just had this weird chemistry that worked, and that whole.... vignette? It's just so perfectly off-key, you know what I mean? It's like that entire town (Dear Meadow) is the Black Lodge doppelganger of Twin Peaks as a town. So many bits and pieces and parts of it are just... wrong. It's definitely very dreamlike, and that whole first section truly does FEEL like a dream, in terms of the way people speak at certain times, and the things that happen. Chet Desmond actually seems to be almost sleepwalking through the job and just operating on a totally intuitive level to the things around him.

Anyway, point is other than a little Funko doll of BOB that keeps guard outside my room, I don't have any Twin Peaks stuff, really. And I would love to actually own a copy of the show since...Well, I'm a pretty big fan. So even though this is like the third collection this decade which seems a bit excessive, OK.

edit: Huh I didn't put in the weird color changing simpsons jpg/gif I don't think :stare:

kaworu fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Is The Return available streaming anywhere? I haven’t looked, but I did see the original series is on CBS All Access so I know I have that covered plus FWWM.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

We had to buy it on Prime to watch it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TheBizzness posted:

Is The Return available streaming anywhere? I haven’t looked, but I did see the original series is on CBS All Access so I know I have that covered plus FWWM.
e: Oops, my mistake. Thought you meant FWWM.

Looks like it's only available to buy.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
It's streaming on Showtime Anytime, and they have a week free trial thing.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I think you can stream it if you have showtime

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

TheBizzness posted:

It's streaming on Showtime Now ($10.99/month). You can double-dip on free trials if you sign up once through the Showtime website and once through Amazon.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Basebf555 posted:

Looks like it's a complete collection of the original show + The Return + Fire Walk With Me + Missing Pieces. It's apparently gonna also have a 4k disc with the Pilot and Episode 8 of The Return on it.

https://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-from-z-to-a-collection/

All I have is the gold box DVD set so I just pre-ordered this

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
So is tomorrow the night we watchthe pilot? (With log lady intro, of course)

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Consummate Professional posted:

So is tomorrow the night we watchthe pilot? (With log lady intro, of course)

I'm in.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

putting on coffee (in 10 hours)

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
There’s a Twin Peaks rewatch! I need to closely follow this thread. What date are we starting?

What episode and what part is this creepy shot with bob on? I last watched the first two seasons five ago. I only remember being spooked with flashbacks of bob going to lauras bed. I can’t describe it but it’s pure evil.

Season 3 bothered me much more. The woodsmen break my brain in someway. It may be my own fear of homelessness (not the people but the state and nightmare idea of ever being homeless myself).
I think as mentioned Lynch’s mastery is taking the most banal part of life and making into horror.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It starts later today!

I won’t be joining the rewatch but I’ll be keeping up with everyone’s posts. I recommend going two eps a week for the nadir of s2 maybe

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

So midnight ET right?

Also, can we use spoiler tags for any future episodes in the rewatch so folks who've never seen it can participate?

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

It starts later today!

I won’t be joining the rewatch but I’ll be keeping up with everyone’s posts. I recommend going two eps a week for the nadir of s2 maybe

I’d vote for two a week after the pilot... maybe revisit this at S3

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I think it would be a good idea to have the rewatch schedule written out somewhere. Just an idea to keep track and have everything organized. Maybe a new thread?That way you can just click on a link and see what episode it is for the week and the schedule.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'll get the thread title changed and put a note in the OP (that I'll update every week) and we can just keep it in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWa0dZMHYeE

El Jeffe posted:

So midnight ET right?

Also, can we use spoiler tags for any future episodes in the rewatch so folks who've never seen it can participate?
Midnight ET sounds good to me! Although I'm not sure about the spoiler tags since there are already spoilers for season 3 (and seasons 1 and 2) on like every page of this thread.

What does everyone else think?

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Rageaholic posted:

I'll get the thread title changed and put a note in the OP (that I'll update every week) and we can just keep it in this thread.

Midnight ET sounds good to me! Although I'm not sure about the spoiler tags since there are already spoilers for season 3 (and seasons 1 and 2) on like every page of this thread.

What does everyone else think?

I think for the sake of it being a chance for new people to watch with a group, spoiler tags might be fine (at least until we can determine how many people would like to watch that haven't seen it before)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Peacoffee posted:

I think for the sake of it being a chance for new people to watch with a group, spoiler tags might be fine (at least until we can determine how many people would like to watch that haven't seen it before)
Yeah, that sounds reasonable.

So tonight at midnight EST we're watching Season 1 Episode 1 with Log Lady intro, yeah?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

kaworu posted:

Well, we could do it later on Sunday, or on Monday... OK, I'm gonna be honest here... This might not meat with approval (and it's OK if you guys aren't into it) but I would sort of love doing something like this:

Yeah, I used a title generator and it's a bit silly and the rug pattern makes the letters a bit crazy to read; what of it?

But really, I think that would be kinda perfect for a time slot, and I hope people approve. Twin Peaks has a sort of... midnight movie campiness vibe to it, or it always has for me. Midnight on Saturday night has NO conflicts with any TV time slots whatsoever. And I dunno about the rest of you, but when I do have plans on Saturday night I''m usually home by then, but that might have more to do with me approaching my mid-thirties - just writing that feels terrifying *shivers*. The one possibly amusing conflict for me is that I actually DO go to midnight movies sometimes and it's usually a Saturday (or Friday) but it's not exactly a weekly occurrence.

Anyway, feel free to throw that time-slot completely out the window if y'all think anything on a friday or saturday night is just absurd, really. I do think there's some morbid irony to it, though - after all, at the lowest point of Season 2 ABC did move Twin Peaks to a Saturday Night time slot, kinda like stomping on something to make sure it's dead? Anyway, it's something we should now celebrate, perhaps.

Oh, and I know this has been mentioned, but whomever does end up doing the livestreaming (I'm not sure if I'm reliable enough for the job or not) definitely needs to make sure the Log-Lady intros from the run on Bravo is included, though - because those are wonderful and should've been optionally integrated into the Netflix/Amazon streams somehow, I don't care how impractical it may be.
Hey kaworu, do you think you could redo this to say Sunday at midnight EST? Because Saturday at midnight is really Friday night.

If you could do that, I'll add it to the OP. Thanks!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Rageaholic posted:

Yeah, that sounds reasonable.

So tonight at midnight EST we're watching Season 1 Episode 1 with Log Lady intro, yeah?

Yep let's go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0pwzVOW4_U

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

I have cigarettes and I have coffee and here we go!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Some major foreshadowing from that first Log Lady intro alone (Laura is the one).

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i dont have log lady but i do have saws

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Josie has no idea she's gonna get turned into a doorknob lmao

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

plaaaastic

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
just whippin my rod out for a poetic verse

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Poor Andy :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ceiling fan :ohdear:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
dont like the look of that fan

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

oh noooo I spilled my coffee

e: my coffee grounds no joke fell onto a spill of fish oil, but I made it anyway...and so now...
ee: I missed Harry

Peacoffee fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Aug 25, 2019

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
probably fed bobby after midnight

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

There's that Sarah Palmer scream!

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Should've brought back the giggling German waitress for the revival

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
marble rye

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Now where exactly is the first shot of BOB? I only ever remember to look when he shows up in the mirror at the end.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
such good lines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

"I wonder if she went out with Leland"