Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/FutbolBible/status/1165318416397418496

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://twitter.com/TheHoodedClaw66/status/1165521767244402697?s=09

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

redcafe guy posted:

Serious question......

Is there anything to said for a team to be rewarded a "half a goal for hitting the post"

Would make games more interesting and rewards players like Rashford for hitting a worldie off the post.

In most cases hitting a post is harder to do then scoring a goal. Anyone who has attempted the crossbar challenge will agree with this.

redcafe guy posted:

Why not.......

10 years ago if it was mentioned VAR shoukd be brought in to the game it would have garnered the same response.

Obviously people won't like the idea - but I think it's important people are allowed free speech and any idea should be discussed.

Maybe instead of discouraging debate - you should put forward why you are against it.

In Rugby if you touch a post you get a try - I'm not saying my idea is fully developed - but from people ive spoken to - they are keen to advance the idea.

I'll give 6 reasons why a Super Goal will benefit the game

1. It rewards creativity
2. A Super Goal in a boring 0-0 draw makes the game more exciting
3. Everyone loves when the ball cracks off the post
4. The technology is already there with Cricket to see if a ball hits post.
5. As ole said - the game could bring in a "wooden boot" to go alongside the "golden boot" award
6. Try saying "goalllllll" - then saying "Suppperrr Goalllllll", then tell me which is more exciting.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Redcafe is literally worse than RAWK, largely because you find just as many terrible takes on there but for years they all mocked RAWK for the same fallen from grace fan meltdowns that are all over Redcafe now.

In fact I think the half a goal thing is possibly a new all time low.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Might actually be the wrong thread for this one, I know that sounds weird.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

do
they
get
a

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

jesus WEP posted:

do
they
get
a
:same:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It won't surprise you how many Arsenal fans fully agree with that sentiment

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

:chloe:

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Speaking of Liverpool, there's a new When I'm Liverpool out:

https://streamable.com/p1k3b

I think some of it's kind of clever, but I can see why other fans would think this kind of stuff is unbearably stupid.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Brony Car posted:

I think some of it's kind of clever, but I can see why other fans would think this kind of stuff is unbearably stupid.

I mean, he creates pretty good highlight packages if anything.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Brony Car posted:

Nah When I'm Liverpool owns. You've always been so apologetic for our fanbase, we aren't actually "unbearable" or whatever, there's just more of us, nobody cares if City wins stuff because they won't have City fans constantly annoying them IRL.

If that looks like I'm calling you out then please take it as the most friendly calling out ever.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Nah When I'm Liverpool owns. You've always been so apologetic for our fanbase, we aren't actually "unbearable" or whatever, there's just more of us, nobody cares if City wins stuff because they won't have City fans constantly annoying them IRL.

If that looks like I'm calling you out then please take it as the most friendly calling out ever.

lol this is great, source?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Imagine Oliwan supporting the Champions of Europe.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Imagine Oliwan supporting the Champions of Europe.

nah, you folks are unbearable, hth

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The liverpool posters in this forum are good lads!!!!

Outside of this forum I don't know. But this isn't the place to talk about that!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Outside of this forum I don't know. But this isn't the place to talk about that!

Actually it is the place, by posting RAWK memes

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Gigi Galli posted:

Source your quotes!!!

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Brendan Rodgers posted:

If you look at a video of Jurgen Klopp's head put on an Avenger's fight scene and don't feel it's at the very least a bit embarrassing you are a clown who wears clown shoes.

The only good Liverpool related video is this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFeg_hl0Se4

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Actually it is the place, by posting RAWK memes

fair

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
Guys we have a problem, The boss said that a new devil is arriving

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

fat gay nonce posted:

If you look at a video of Jurgen Klopp's head put on an Avenger's fight scene and don't feel it's at the very least a bit embarrassing you are a clown who wears clown shoes.

The only good Liverpool related video is this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFeg_hl0Se4
i watch this every time it gets posted and lol every time

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

fat gay nonce posted:

They say..........*Somewhere, Shatner weeps and knows not why*.........he is a. Legend.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

jesus WEP posted:

i watch this every time it gets posted and lol every time

Same op, it's the best football video

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

fat gay nonce posted:

I hate you for making me remember that exists

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

https://twitter.com/Celticg2017/status/1168159939669438464

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/squawka/status/1168644770362609665?s=21

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/williamsona2971/status/1170781750148177921

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the top red accounts Will Never Recover From This

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

redcafe posted:

What happens if we offer to double his Liverpool salary?
Why shouldn’t we test his love for Liverpool with the good ol’ buck?
I think everybody has a price, it would be our Figo moment.

Klopp’s salary is about 7m yearly isn’t it? Why shouldn’t we offer him Alexis Sanchez’s wages?

We shall look into this option I reckon.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

His 3 signings are our 3 best players, and will all probably spend the rest of their careers here. Scott McT has gone from a guy who Jose would start 2 or 3 times per season, to an undroppable midfield force. Greenwood will soon be a starter worth 80 million. Garner will be worth 80 million in a year or two if he avoids injuries. We're a Declan Rice and a Jadon Sancho away from being a nailed on top 4 team again.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/DevilsOfUnited/status/1173291961077444609

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

right thread but still lmao

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

"Famously, the North Korean leader Kim Jong-il only ever played one game of golf. In 1994 state media reported Kim had picked up a club for the first time at the country’s only golf course. Happily he took to the sport instantly, completing his debut round in a world-record 38 under par with 11 holes in one. At which point he announced he was retiring from golf and would never play again.

It is of course a terrible blow for golf to lose such a talent, and tantalising to imagine just how good the Supreme Commander Of The People’s Army could have become. Worse, there is no recording of the round, just the sworn testimony of his 17 bodyguards that it definitely, like, happened. Plus of course Kim had a wide brief of other interests to cram in, among these composing six full opera scores, all of which are, according to state records, “better than any other in history”."

Anyone want to take a stab what the actual rest of this piece of writing was about?

It's Barney Ronay writing about Cristiano Ronaldo possibly breaking the scoring record for international games

saltyslug
Jun 28, 2012

Guess where this lollipop's going?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Did you get this from FYAD? :gas:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barney ronay posted:

It felt like a humiliation at times – and by the end perhaps something more, a Viking funeral for a team, an era, a way of trying to win. As the seconds ran out there was even the unexpected sight of the Paris full‑backs Juan Bernat and Thomas Meunier bearing down on the Real goal, the midfield crumbling away like a sheet of millefeuille pastry, the defence drowning in all that space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing