Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Dimitri one shot the first death knight encarnation. timely crit

Why cant I rename felix punchy mcrapeface?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Despera posted:

Why cant I rename felix punchy mcrapeface?

:chloe:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I would gently carress Felix's handsome face

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Mr. Pool posted:

My Raphael has a speed of 2 at level 25, Caspar has a speed of 8

and I am not mad at all because they are both invincible with defense ~35

Did you keep them as commoner/nobles or something? level 25 means they should be either Grappler or Warrior, and those would raise your speed to 14.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just got the game, last FE game I played was Fire Emblem Awakening

Are there any major benefit to scanning a Fire Emblem amiibo?

What's the benefit of going online?

Side comment, holy poo poo the UI makes this look like characters have a D&D character sheet now lol

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
I had written off Felix until I watched his support chain with Annette, which managed to win me over thru sheer adorability.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Tae posted:

Cavs are awful in stat growths because they have -10% in speed, and the usual cav people don't have exceptional speed growth.

Sylvain and Ferdinand von Aegir actually do have a pretty exceptional speed growth of 50% each (better than Byleth, very slightly), you just don’t want to make them mounted until Paladin.

SolarFire2 posted:

I had written off Felix until I watched his support chain with Annette, which managed to win me over thru sheer adorability.

I liked Felix from the beginning but yeah that’s a top tier support chain.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Andrast posted:

I refuse to use warp or stride anymore because they are too broken

It's almost like this game has no balancing!

Really the strategy part of this strategy game is loving garbage.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Fire Emblem games have never had any balancing

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dpulex posted:

It's almost like this game has no balancing!

Really the strategy part of this strategy game is loving garbage.

It's fun

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Is it worth it to make Edelgard a Lord even though she isn’t good with swords? Is the mastery ability worth it?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Is it worth it to make Edelgard a Lord even though she isn’t good with swords? Is the mastery ability worth it?

Not really

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I made Claude a lord and in the end it was a bit of a waste of time. The ability is bad lol

Plus I still made him use bows except he didn't get the +1 range of Archer which is huge early on

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Take a shot whenever Dpulex get pissy

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
I could see a use for Subdue in Echoes where you needed to get enemy Delthea to 1HP before she either kills one of your guys or suicides onto another

Here, though? :shrug: like I even made Dimitri a thief throughout levels 10-20 to patch up his speed (and he’s finally started delivering there)

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Lord doesn’t have a good mastery or growths and is pretty much just a shameful intermediate class.

Maybe Dimitri won’t have anything else to do and won’t want to tank his speed in Cavalier, but the other lords don’t want anything to do with the class.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If you can, make Brigand for intermediate. Lords have the advantage of not worrying about advanced/master class, so Claude/Dimitri should all beeline to Brigand for Deathblow.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Tae posted:

If you can, make Brigand for intermediate. Lords have the advantage of not worrying about advanced/master class, so Claude/Dimitri should all beeline to Brigand for Deathblow.

I made her an armored knight class, whatever it’s called. I guess I could make her a brigand later.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Tae posted:

Yeah even with Dimitri’s axe weakness, the exam requirement is low enough to brute force.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I made her an armored knight class, whatever it’s called. I guess I could make her a brigand later.

once you master Armored Knight you can get Weight -3 which is helpful with speed

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Carlosologist posted:

once you master Armored Knight you can get Weight -3 which is helpful with speed

Weight -3 is from C rank Heavy Armor. Armor Knight gets Armored Blow which imo isn’t too useful.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Tae posted:

They really do have to worry about advanced/master classes. I made the mistake of putting her in Lord and training sword for a bit (but not enough to get close to A), and then suddenly she was level 25 lord pre timeskip because her Axe was too low for the better classes.

They can beeline to Brigand for Deathblow or Mercenary for Vantage (or I guess Archer for Hit +20)though, but they should keep using their own types of weapons. Though Claude going Axe for getting Wyvern Rider is not a bad idea at all.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

My Dimitri is probably gonna be too low of a sword or Lance rank for the advanced classes he has to take a certification for but as far as I’m concerned so long as he shows up in his advanced lord class post timeskip it’s all good

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Zore posted:

Ferdinand will also unlock a paralogue in pt 2 while Annette won't. Lindhardt also would and his paralogue with Leonie is weirdly lore intensive even if it just gets Leonie a mediocre relic bow.

I think you mean "it gets Bernadetta an amazing relic brave bow".

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Zurai posted:

I think you mean "it gets Bernadetta an amazing relic brave bow".

Bernadetta doesn’t want a passive healing weapon, though

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

ROFL Octopus posted:

Lord doesn’t have a good mastery or growths and is pretty much just a shameful intermediate class.

Maybe Dimitri won’t have anything else to do and won’t want to tank his speed in Cavalier, but the other lords don’t want anything to do with the class.

Isn't it also a sword class, when it's not really the natural weapon for any of the Lords, for a change?

Also I totally missed that it even exists until like the 3rd playthrough.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Zoran posted:

Bernadetta doesn’t want a passive healing weapon, though

None of your archers should be getting hit anyway so the healing isn't very relevant.

Also, let's be honest, how is a straight upgrade to a brave bow medioce?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

yeah, horses seem to really get the short end of the stick here. Canto is nice, but the guys you'd expect to be cavs can really get screwed by that 10% speed growth penalty

fliers for life

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Zurai posted:

None of your archers should be getting hit anyway so the healing isn't very relevant.

Also, let's be honest, how is a straight upgrade to a brave bow medioce?

Bernadetta gets a flat +5 attack when she’s not at full health though

Carlosologist posted:

yeah, horses seem to really get the short end of the stick here. Canto is nice, but the guys you'd expect to be cavs can really get screwed by that 10% speed growth penalty

fliers for life

My Leonie in my first run :smith:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Bernadetta gets a flat +5 attack when she’s not at full health though

She murders everything in the first two hits of The Inexhaustible from 6 squares away anyway.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

OddObserver posted:

Isn't it also a sword class, when it's not really the natural weapon for any of the Lords, for a change?

Also I totally missed that it even exists until like the 3rd playthrough.

It’s D+ Swords and C Authority so it’s ridiculously easy to pass for the class. Lord just isn’t very good though.

e: ok the ~aesthetics~ for the class are pretty good, i’ll give it that

ROFL Octopus fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 25, 2019

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Am I just wasting $2000 every month spreading Pegasus poop on these flowers when it doesn’t show an increased yield icon?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Kiranamos posted:

Am I just wasting $2000 every month spreading Pegasus poop on these flowers when it doesn’t show an increased yield icon?

Sometimes the yield increases when you go to harvest the next time you explore so it’s probably worth it

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I kinda regretted making Dimitri a Lord for 10 levels, but then again I was going in semi blind and didn't know about Brigand and Death Blow at the time

Charm is a pretty good innate, though, and it was pretty nice early on to help hitting ORKO thresholds (especially with fists)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zurai posted:

She murders everything in the first two hits of The Inexhaustible from 6 squares away anyway.

She might not since Bernie's STR growt is pretty low. She can easily get screwed on it.

The inexhaustible isn't even really better than a regular brave bow. It has a bit more hit, +1 mt and weights 2 less but can't be forged.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 25, 2019

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

ROFL Octopus posted:

It’s D+ Swords and C Authority so it’s ridiculously easy to pass for the class. Lord just isn’t very good though.

e: ok the ~aesthetics~ for the class are pretty good, i’ll give it that

One thing Lord has going for it is that it's really effective when it comes to levelling up authority early on, iirc.

Andrast posted:

She might not since Bernie's STR growt is pretty low. She can easily get screwed on it.

The inexhaustible isn't even really better than a regular brave bow. It has a bit more hit, +1 mt and weights 2 less but can't be forged.

2SPD, increased hit and bigger Mt is actually pretty drat good. It's not the best bow possible for Bernie, but it's very very close.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Andrast posted:

They can just take it off :colbert:

NG+ materialized Hanneman's research goal, it's cute

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Arkeus posted:

One thing Lord has going for it is that it's really effective when it comes to levelling up authority early on, iirc.

2SPD, increased hit and bigger Mt is actually pretty drat good. It's not the best bow possible for Bernie, but it's very very close.

Yeah the Authority boost is deffo good with how OP battalions are, no argument there.

On The Inexhaustible though, a Brave Bow+ is identical except for having 1 more weight, but 10 more uses in exchange. Wootz Steel is considerably more plentiful than Mythril too, when it comes time to repair the weapons. The Inexhaustible potentially negating Bernie’s completely off the chain personal just isn’t worth it in the end.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Arkeus posted:

If you forge the brave bow the only thing The Inexhaustible has over it is -1 weight and a detrimental healing effect. The brave bow is easier to repair and has more uses too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Arkeus posted:

Okay, but unless Bernie is literally your only bow user, which she isn't because you need Leonie to get Inexhaustible in the first place, plus Shamir is a free recruit and comes with A in bows out of the box, why wouldn't you just give someone else Inexhaustible and have Bernie use a bow that doesn't render her excellent personal skill useless? It's not like there's a shortage of normal brave bows to give out, I'm pretty sure I had something like 4 or 5 by the end, and maybe 1 of those was through forging.