Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
To be anecdotally fair, most of my family who voted for trump out of ideology have become disillusioned with him. Of course, that probably wont stop them from voting while pinching their nose along with the rest of his voters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

To be anecdotally fair, most of my family who voted for trump out of ideology have become disillusioned with him. Of course, that probably wont stop them from voting while pinching their nose along with the rest of his voters.

Some of them will stay home, especially if the economy tanks.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Mak0rz posted:

In response to people saying "Hillary sucks" or basically anything immediately relevant to the election, sure, maybe.

However, this guy is saying "Trump won get over it" in response to someone telling him to be less racist.

If Clinton had won then the guy would have followed the electoral mandate and been less racist. Since Trump won he is obligated to be more racist. That's just how it works. Listen, he doesn't make the rules, he just follows them.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

My dad's not quite fully disillusioned with him, but he definitely is getting frustrated with how stupid he is. Like, he still agrees with a lot of what he says, but I think Trump being so openly and obviously dumb that it's starting to make him seem dumb too.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

How the gently caress did he miss how dumb Trump is? He was dumb as gently caress before he was elected.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

SpacePig posted:

My dad's not quite fully disillusioned with him, but he definitely is getting frustrated with how stupid he is. Like, he still agrees with a lot of what he says, but I think Trump being so openly and obviously dumb that it's starting to make him seem dumb too.

Your dad is right. He does seem dumb for supporting Trump.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Even my most insanely boot licking right wing coworkers are starting to say “man he needs to put the phone down.”

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A bunch of my uncles voted for Trump knowing he was an idiot liar. They just didn't want Hillary in office so voted against her. I think a lot of people were actually voting against the other candidate moreso than for theirs.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Wow, Nat Geo is so loving out of the loop it's insane. It's the exact opposite problem: the parks are being absolutely overrun and destroyed by people who just want to copy photos they saw on Instagram. Locations with parking are so overrun that cars are parked along roadways and highways for miles because there's so many people all wanting to see what they saw I'm social media. There's a movement now for people to stop geotagging their selfies and shots because everything is getting ruined from the increased traffic over the past couple of years. I live right on Banff National Park's doorstep and the increase in the sheer number of people in the last few years is indescribable. And it's not just tourists, there's way more locals getting out too thanks to social media. The trails are a poo poo show. There's so much garbage everywhere. Meadows are trampled. People are cutting down saplings so they can get a cool looking walking stick. Trails I used to do that I rarely saw a soul on are now packed from dawn to dusk.

Whoever wrote that article is completely out of touch with fuckin reality.

SulfurMonoxideCute has a new favorite as of 03:25 on Aug 26, 2019

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Solice Kirsk posted:

A bunch of my uncles voted for Trump knowing he was an idiot liar. They just didn't want Hillary in office so voted against her. I think a lot of people were actually voting against the other candidate moreso than for theirs.

Emails, Benghazi, completely real and not made up chronic illness, etc

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Picnic Princess posted:

Whoever wrote that article is completely out of touch with fuckin reality.

It's boomerbait. No one else will be giving money to NatGeo (because they don't have any) and boomers sure as poo poo aren't going out to see reality doesn't match up to what lives inside their head.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bertrand Hustle posted:

How the gently caress did he miss how dumb Trump is? He was dumb as gently caress before he was elected.

Plenty of the people supporting trump don't actually care about reality, they just care that there is an angry man telling them that he will help them and that they should trust him because he is very good at his job and if anyone says otherwise then they are liars and you should only believe him and his good words.

They don't give a gently caress about facts. Facts are just inconveniences and are fake and the only truth is what comes out of his mouth. It doesn't matter how lovely of a person or how stupid of a businessman he was before hand, it doesn't matter just how many times he tried and failed at various different business ventures, it only matters to them that he will spout catchphrases and reassure them that facts are fake and lies are truth.

You can't approach them by thinking logically because everything about them is inherently illogical. They willingly allow themselves to act as if they are in this entirely fictional reality that they've created.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FirstAidKite posted:

Plenty of the people supporting trump don't actually care about reality, they just care that there is an angry man telling them that he will help them and that they should trust him

and openly says what they are all thinking about immigrants, Muslims, poors, etc

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

FirstAidKite posted:

Plenty of the people supporting Bernie don't actually care about reality, they just care that there is an angry man telling them that he will help them and that they should trust him because he is very good at his job and if anyone says otherwise then they are liars and you should only believe him and his good words.

They don't give a gently caress about facts. Facts are just inconveniences and are fake and the only truth is what comes out of his mouth. It doesn't matter how lovely of a person or how stupid of a Senator he was before hand, it doesn't matter just how many times he tried and failed at various different legislative ventures, it only matters to them that he will spout catchphrases and reassure them that facts are fake and lies are truth.

You can't approach them by thinking logically because everything about them is inherently illogical. They willingly allow themselves to act as if they are in this entirely fictional reality that they've created.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

This doesn't work as well as you think it does

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

lol

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

You'll find that my dad is also fairly dumb, and the few ways in which his the smart are overridden by a broad bigotry.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

SpacePig posted:

You'll find that my dad is also fairly dumb, and the few ways in which his the smart are overridden by a broad bigotry.

Sounds like it's genetic lolowned

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

cohsae posted:

Sounds like it's genetic lolowned

Please don't make sweeping statements like that. There isn't enough to go on in that statement to categorically state whether this is a nurture or nature situation.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

makes u think

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Inceltown posted:

Please don't make sweeping statements like that. There isn't enough to go on in that statement to categorically state whether this is a nurture or nature situation.

I feel pretty confident in saying it wasn't learned behavior.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

"nature or nurture" is a false dichotomy made up by rationalist history incels hth op

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Look, proofreading isn't my strong suit, but I am for sure at least a little of the smart more than my dad.

I actually probably would be just as dumb and bigoted as my dad if I had registered to vote when I was 18 and kept to party lines, because the stuff he says makes sense to a sheltered white Catholic school kid with no frame of reference for anything. I'm definitely dumb by nature, but the nurtured dumb never took hold I guess.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

@NuclearTakes

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

https://twitter.com/goslngs/status/1165059641044156417

I haven't seen or read any She-Hulk stuff, but if she's gonna get a new show I might check some of it out.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Even I know that She-Hulk has been a thing in the comics for years. LOL fake fanboys.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Good IoSM content, I got a chuckle out of it. :)

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Jollity Farm posted:

Even I know that She-Hulk has been a thing in the comics for years. LOL fake fanboys.

I particularly like the guy who, when learning about She-Hulk almost 40 years after her creation, say "who tf cares about women's rights".

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

he sure got you there, firstaidkite

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Especially because She-Hulk is the best hulk because she doesn't give a gently caress. She's probably the only person who could tell the Hulk off when he went on his tirades about hating puny Banner, and he'd probably listen. She'd just twist his arm behind his back and be all "Hey, that's my cousin your badmouthing!"

bhangraton
Aug 20, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Plenty of the people supporting trump don't actually care about reality, they just care that there is an angry man telling them that he will help them and that they should trust him because he is very good at his job and if anyone says otherwise then they are liars and you should only believe him and his good words.

They don't give a gently caress about facts. Facts are just inconveniences and are fake and the only truth is what comes out of his mouth. It doesn't matter how lovely of a person or how stupid of a businessman he was before hand, it doesn't matter just how many times he tried and failed at various different business ventures, it only matters to them that he will spout catchphrases and reassure them that facts are fake and lies are truth.

you sound like you hate people

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Jollity Farm posted:

It's always good to be reminded that the guys pretending to be the core fandom nowadays never really cared about comics, it's all about denying culture to the oppressed.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
She also did the wise-cracking fourth-wall breaking schtick before Deadpool.

Ruffian Price posted:

It's always good to be reminded that the guys pretending to be the core fandom nowadays never really cared about comics, it's all about denying culture to the oppressed.
They make it so obvious too.

Accordion Man has a new favorite as of 06:23 on Aug 26, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

My beloved coworker said she'd vote for Trump again. She works at a goddamned pharmacy as a basic retail clerk.I love her, but she voting against her own self interest. She's even bisexual. I just. :negative:

I love her so much, but goddammit.

She's so naive. She was surprised when the local klan was using his slogans. What the gently caress is wrong with southerners?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://mobile.twitter.com/gendercritical/status/1164304958684114945

Woman who puts her (almost certainly untested) karyotype and a checkered flag in her twitter name to signify she’s a TERF hating on trans people having fun.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
"GenderCritical" really isn't burying the lede, huh

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

what’s a picrew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

bare bottom pancakes posted:

https://twitter.com/goslngs/status/1165059641044156417

I haven't seen or read any She-Hulk stuff, but if she's gonna get a new show I might check some of it out.

I used to do this bit trolling when the new Batwoman show was announced. It was pretty fun and made me laugh. Didn't harm anyone and made me look like an idiot. Usually I'd turn it into something like confusing Batman and Manbat, too.