Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/shadowandact/status/1165766342550654976

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Marketing would have killed the name Devil Dinosaur in a minute, but the fear of backlash wins the day.

So happy to see Kirby’s seventies output dominating between this and the Eternals.

Can E&C back me up on wanting Black Panther 2 involving King Solomon’s Frog?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Marketing would have killed the name Devil Dinosaur in a minute, but the fear of backlash wins the day.

So happy to see Kirby’s seventies output dominating between this and the Eternals.

Can E&C back me up on wanting Black Panther 2 involving King Solomon’s Frog?

I'm pretty sure Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur is loving killing it in trades at school book shows and poo poo.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

For sure. It’s just funny they didn’t market themselves out of using Devil on their name.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Nodosaur posted:

Symbiotes for some?

No, symbiotes for all!

I'm assuming the pink armored lady is Iron Heart? Cause she looks like a Warframe.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Open Marriage Night posted:

For sure. It’s just funny they didn’t market themselves out of using Devil on their name.

Daredevil got a movie and a tv show without much peep.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Daredevils have a long history in the US, with Evel Knievel and Super Dave Osborn being household names for a while in the 90s.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Also Daredevil was not marketed at kids.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So the current Spider-man cartoon is finally coming back in a couple weeks (it and guardians of the galaxy randomly had a mid-season 13 month hiatus), and it's starting a Superior Spider-man storyline, lets see the first episode

The Day Without Spider-Man posted:

The Blood Gem accidentally reawakens Gwen Stacy’s dormant spider-powers, turning her into Ghost-Spider.

The gently caress's a blood gem

scrolling past dark souls and bloodborne results posted:

In the Hyborian Age, a meteorite landed on Earth in Northern Vanaheim on the European continent, circa 8250 B.C. It was controlled by an entity called the Exo-Mind, who wanted to take over the world. To that end, it sent its agent, Ulluxy'l Kwan Tae Syn, to find a host for it. However a local human hunter/gatherer found the rock and fought Ulluxy'l Kwan Tae Syn. In the fight, the meteor was smashed and its fragments scattered. One of the fragments (also called the Bloodgem) was embedded in the human's chest, and the explosion killed the human's tribe. The human vowed revenge on Ulluxy'l Kwan Tae Syn. Because of the gem in his chest, he became immortal, and later became known as Ulysses Bloodstone.[1]

The Bloodstone gem fragment was inherited by Ulysses' daughter Elsa,[2] and a smaller portion was later given to his son Cullen.[3]

A human mutate that would eventually be known as Maha Yogi also witnessed the Bloodgem's shattering and claimed one of the fragments for himself, called it the "Jewel of Jeopardy" and used it to attain immortality and enhance his magical talents. When the jewel was crushed by the Hulk, it caused Maha Yogi to age 10,000 years in an instant.[4]

The gem bestows superhuman strength, superhuman durability, immortality, and a regenerative healing factor.
:psyduck:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Ahh yeah, Gwen/Conan crossover confirmed

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Probably not Conan, no. I guess comicbook writers just get lazy with fantasy backstory names.

Still a bit of a neat character. She has shotguns and hunts monsters.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

SlothfulCobra posted:

Probably not Conan, no. I guess comicbook writers just get lazy with fantasy backstory names.

Still a bit of a neat character. She has shotguns and hunts monsters.

Nah Marvel actually has Conan's stuff as part of it's canon history as they had the license for a rather long time, then they lost the license to Dark Horse and had to be more vague about it(though they never got rid of it being part of the setting either), then rather recently they got the Conan license back and are now being upfront about those connections again(not to mention having Conan play roles in present day Marvel stuff thanks to time travel)

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah I meant hyperborean age == Conan probably involved

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
last three episodes of young justice s3 out today......pretty surprised by where it went in the last two episodes

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
not terribly amused by lex luthor saying both sides, fake news, etc. however. hes a very weird and weak donald trump analogue

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
finally, lmao at the credits.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Scaramouche posted:

Yeah I meant hyperborean age == Conan probably involved

I want a Hyperborean Age comic, with post-apocalyptic mutants and poo poo for Conan to murderhobo.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Toshimo posted:

I want a Hyperborean Age comic, with post-apocalyptic mutants and poo poo for Conan to murderhobo.

That does remind me that Marvel is going to be doing a 2099 comic for Conan soon

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

scary ghost dog posted:

last three episodes of young justice s3 out today......pretty surprised by where it went in the last two episodes

Not gonna lie, did not see that particular twist to the Judas Contract coming.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So the current Spider-man cartoon is finally coming back in a couple weeks (it and guardians of the galaxy randomly had a mid-season 13 month hiatus), and it's starting a Superior Spider-man storyline, lets see the first episode

The gently caress's a blood gem

:psyduck:

NEXTwave crossover or bust.
Edit: I was thinking of Bloodstone, not blood gem.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The person's name is Bloodstone, but she draws power from the Blood Gem.

I don't think Marvel would have the courage to confront the fact that there was a Captain Marvel before their current marketing but with cooler powers.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Surprisingly complete wrap up of most plot lines in the Young Justice finale trio.

I thought that was the end of Wally West speculation but they pull the rug from under us again. drat it, I was ready to move on!

Lex's little think about what you're doing son was really satisfying.

Poor poor Violet. At least Beast Boy took over the role of villain punching bag.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 28, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I really loved Lex bring brought down a peg. Even in the animation I could see the rage in his clam looking face.

The thing that really shocked me, was the Bad Samaritan showing up and making everything a bit bittersweet in the end. Also looking back you can see the influence of his powers pretty well in the first three episodes.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Hypocrisy posted:

Surprisingly complete wrap up of most plot lines in the Young Justice finale trio.

I thought that was the end of Wally West speculation but they pull the rug from under us again. drat it, I was ready to move on!

What was the Wally hint? If you mean the ring then that's a Legion of Superheroes ring isn't it.

I was a bit annoyed that Lex getting his poo poo ruined was barely even a setback, they could just have a villains plot get proper hosed up by the heroes without it being spun into a "actually we totally got everything we wanted" everytime, it's starting to lose impact. I guess we got that with Granny Goodness getting ruined kinda but the Light are just so smug it's getting a bit wanky.

I liked how once again the whole thing hinges on the heroes just talking to each other, like in Season 1 where they utterly defuse the villains trying to play them against each other with their secrets by being honest and similarly in Season 2 the whole Reach/Light meeting getting wrecked by Aqualad, Artemis and Miss Martian. Hope next season is a more direct continuation than this was from Season 2 and that Geo Force doesn't get consigned to the forgotten plot bin like some older stuff seems too have been.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 29, 2019

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, what you’re saying is this should be the trial week I sign up for?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Geoforce did nothing wrong

well, except for not throwing the nazi doctor lady out a window

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

thebardyspoon posted:

I was a bit annoyed that Lex getting his poo poo ruined was barely even a setback, they could just have a villains plot get proper hosed up by the heroes without it being spun into a "actually we totally got everything we wanted" everytime, it's starting to lose impact. I guess we got that with Granny Goodness getting ruined kinda but the Light are just so smug it's getting a bit wanky.

It's kind of come to its natural conclusion, with Lex just cribbing from Trump and never admitting when he's lost.

Also HOLY poo poo Mind control or not Brion killing Bedlam was terrifying and I don't know how a hero bounces back from that.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

thebardyspoon posted:

I was a bit annoyed that Lex getting his poo poo ruined was barely even a setback, they could just have a villains plot get proper hosed up by the heroes without it being spun into a "actually we totally got everything we wanted" everytime, it's starting to lose impact.

I liked how he set it up the last time, at least. "Be grateful I'm only loving you over this much or it'll get twice as worse," basically. Not far from an Apokalyptian level threat.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's still a setback and they for sure did not get what they wanted. Their new member was just able to salvage a bit of the situation, so it was not a total loss.

Luthor is going to be hamstrung by this stuff for a while.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
God I wish WB would either release a streaming platform or that DC Universe would tank already so I could watch all these shows on my own time instead of doing a trial week and gluing myself to a TV for hours and hours.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
The Spider-Man cartoon came back. The first new episode was centered around Gwen and quite fun. There was kind of a convenient Deus Ex Machina. But I'll allow it, since it's worth it.
Apparently, there will be three more episodes, before this season is over and the show returns in spring.
I still don't really get why Disney did a mid season break spanning over a year. Maybe they completely rewrote and reshot everything they had for the other episodes, because some marketing synergy paradigm shift. :shrug:

But it is really weird to air 13 episodes of a season, wait a year and air four more, to finish the season for good, right?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 8, 2019

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

cant cook creole bream posted:

The Spider-Man cartoon came back. The first new episode was centered around Gwen and quite fun. There was kind of a convenient Deus Ex Machina. But I'll allow it, since it's worth it.
Apparently, there will be three more episodes, before this season is over and the show returns in spring.
I still don't really get why Disney did a mid season break spanning over a year. Maybe they completely rewrote and reshot everything they had for the other episodes, because some marketing synergy paradigm shift. :shrug:

But it is really weird to air 13 episodes of a season, wait a year and air four more, to finish the season for good, right?

It was cute, but I thought it took away a bit of the bite of the upcoming superior spider-man stuff if there's already 3 other heroes with the same moveset helping around. Though the characters reacting to Peter's absence was pretty good.

I think there's more to the season than just the next three episodes, like it should still be around 24 episodes total.

It's super weird! They did it with Guardians of the Galaxy as well! I really wish we could find out what the heck was going on with that.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/moredisneyplus/status/1171976148818874368?s=19

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Where is Spectacular Spider-Man Disney?!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
where is spider-man 67

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

TheHan posted:

Where is Spectacular Spider-Man Disney?!

Owned by Sony.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's aged, but X-Men still holds up really well

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I wonder why X-Men evolution wasn't included.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Probably Warner Brothers still has some rights to it, and it lies just out of Disney's amoeba-like absorption of the bulk of the industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
drat, I mean that's great news but I never did finish wolverine and the x men.