Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Paracelsus posted:

If I understand correctly, only ads that are specifically placed by the developer, or are otherwise specifically accounted for (like blockers in Gambit), count for objective progress. Things that spawn infinitely, or that spawn from other enemies, like taken psion clones, don't seem to count.

there's some weird fuckery, overall. I've had some psion clones count, but others not, or count for some objectives but not all. the enemies at that strike aren't infinite, they have waves. but the green room effectively is infinite (not counting the time limit) and does count. enemies in gambit will count for some objectives but not others. taken enemies count as both taken, and their original race, for some mods and objectives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

With layer upon layer coding like that on enemies it’s no wonder the weirdest bugs imaginable keep popping up.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Yeah it's really inconsistent. On those Invitations of the Nine quests I was able to farm taken kills from respawning Psions in one EDZ lost sector, but not from those in the neighbouring sector. Those spawns at the end of hollowed lair didn't count for grenade kills in the recent vanguard GL quest, but they did count for the grenade multi-kills component of the same quest.

Really I don't see a downside to everything counting. It's not like you're not actually doing the killing, whatever the spawn situation.

I noticed they started specifying playlist strikes in the solstice armour grind, so you could no longer do the "start nightfall, piss off to some patrol zone with easy enemies" cheese, which use to work for most strike objectives.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

There is a bug in the corrupted that I’ve gotten many times where if you die at the first encounter where you have to throw the ball at the techiun (in the area with three floating platforms and tons of ads) and aren’t revived, the game revives you back at the top of the long plunge through the ascendant plane you have to take..far far back in the level. So you revive, immediately get the “go back” timer and die 4 seconds later. This lasts... literally as long as it takes for your team to get to the end encounter. It’s so bad it’s hilarious.

Oh hey this can also happen in the actual boss fight itself. If she is in the ascended plane and you die outside of it and self rez you can get stuck in permadeath.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

The Fanatic's waves got me my gazillion solar orbs in strikes in about two strikes. I'm now a fan.

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Hobnob posted:

I noticed they started specifying playlist strikes in the solstice armour grind, so you could no longer do the "start nightfall, piss off to some patrol zone with easy enemies" cheese, which use to work for most strike objectives.

You can still do this in playlist strikes. You just quit if its a strike thats not corrupted or whatever the hell you wanted to do the cheese on.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Got both Hush and 21% Delirium today! Haven't used the former yet, but the latter just completely melts enemies in PvE. I'll go for the Breakneck next since I'm close on its objectives, and then probably the Wendigo next

no luck on Jotunn this week, though :(

curried lamb of God fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 26, 2019

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

anglachel posted:

You can still do this in playlist strikes. You just quit if its a strike thats not corrupted or whatever the hell you wanted to do the cheese on.

yeah but that's an rear end in a top hat thing to do if you're not in a three-stack. also people will die (on purpose sometimes)/complete the strike and gently caress up your grinding

best to set the clock back so you don't match with anyone. Or at least you can do this on ps4 I dunno if you can do this on xbox/pc though

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Played some crucible tonight. Lot of kills, few deaths. Victory sometimes

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

This excitement for Pinnacle weapons just reminded me that Oxygen is supposed to be real good next season???

*a blood rush to the groin*

Kinda really wanna see that. Sexy gun. Firefly mod + Perfluorocarbon + Vanguard Metallic is :discourse:.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

cvnvcnv posted:

This excitement for Pinnacle weapons just reminded me that Oxygen is supposed to be real good next season???

Kinda really wanna see that. Sexy gun. Firefly mod + Perfluorocarbon + Vanguard Metallic is :discourse:.

I don't think I've used a scout rifle in this game yet

I'm just relieved to not have to use bows in Gambit anymore - they're definitely a ton of fun to use, but my Wishbringer and Badlander with Threat Detector and Rampage absolutely melt adds, blockers and envoys

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

curried lamb of God posted:

I don't think I've used a scout rifle in this game yet

we need a scout rifle that starts health regeneration on hit (1) + pvp maps with long distances (2) + endgame pve content with enemy snipers (3)

I believe we are getting 2 and 3.

2 will probably be dropped when people will complain

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You don't have to put much thought, if any, into whether you're gonna keep playing. Just stop, or keep going! You can even change your mind, any time, and it's OK too!

I didn't play from June 2018 to October 2018 because I was crushing some single player jRPGs on the ol Nintendo 3ds
Same. I didn't play from July 2018 to June 2019. I missed it a bit, but I had other things keeping me busy and I got to play other games during the time. Now I'm back and I'm glad that I am. There's a season for everything.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I didn’t play from October 2018 until Age of Opulence started (in June I think). I’ve put almost 300 hours into the game since then. I’ve gotten every quest exotic (except Acrius), most of the pinnacle weapons, and most of the exotic gear drops. I’ve done an Infamy reset and 4 Valor resets. I’m getting my 5th done this week.

I’m trying to get the Notorious Invader armor set for the seal. I have enough points for the extra health and just that makes a huge difference. I got 15 guardian kills the first game I used that perk.

The bridge section of Reckoning is really painful. There’s no room for error.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I think it's good when you can run through most of the content in an expansion in 2-3 weeks. This drip feed stuff just isnt for me. I end up waiting til the end and then doing all the stuff. I like going hardcore on a game for a few weeks and then dropping it entirely for other things while waiting for new content.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Depends on what they do to scouts but... maybe?

Polaris still best scout.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I thought Oxygen didn't stack Firefly spec with Megamanananaua

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Oh it sure as poo poo does.

You have a moral imperative to put a firefly mod on that gun because it stacks. And a lot.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Does anyone still use Anarchy for anything outside of Gahlran DPS? I finally got it last night and I'd like to mess around with it.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
You should be able to use it in any pve activity with the same affect.

effect?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

Does anyone still use Anarchy for anything outside of Gahlran DPS? I finally got it last night and I'd like to mess around with it.

It's good for any boss if you have a 2nd dps weapon. Usually the big dick move is to throw down your anarchy charges and then burn all your mountain top ammo with a rally barricade or in a well and just top off the anarchy when it stops.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Blind Rasputin posted:

Oh it sure as poo poo does.

You have a moral imperative to put a firefly mod on that gun because it stacks. And a lot.

CoolGuy

My Oxygen, as described, is one of my tippy top favorite D2 guns. I legit will play this stupid game for another year if Bungie makes it a beast out the gate for Shadowkeep.

Hey, are we abbreviating Shadowkeep as SK yet? May we get on that pronto, please?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
SpookyDark

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

D2: Spoopy Boogaloo

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
Are the Spider bounties repeating with the exact same slate (or nearly) for the last 3 weeks a known issue? I've been out of the game for awhile and thought I would play catch up on all the open world stuff I'd missed

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

heckyeahpathy posted:

Are the Spider bounties repeating with the exact same slate (or nearly) for the last 3 weeks a known issue? I've been out of the game for awhile and thought I would play catch up on all the open world stuff I'd missed

People still do spider bounties?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

BlindSite posted:

It's 15 minutes of work for 17k glimmer, if one's been on an infusing spree it's not a bad option.

Hopefully they don't nerf it for Shadowkeep because if mobs are only dropping 2 glimmer per kill we're gonna have a lot more poor guardians!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

xzzy posted:

It's 15 minutes of work for 17k glimmer, if one's been on an infusing spree it's not a bad option.

Hopefully they don't nerf it for Shadowkeep because if mobs are only dropping 2 glimmer per kill we're gonna have a lot more poor guardians!

2 glimmer per kill?

Heh. For real?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Glad ive got 80 exotics ghosts that break down into 5k glimmer each

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

2 glimmer per kill?

Heh. For real?

Yeah, in the armor 2.0 preview stream when they did a strike all red bars were giving 2 glimmer each.

So it was a test environment but until we're playing the DLC ourselves I'll assume it's a reality.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The glimmer curve yield inverted, but even negative rates are attractive in this economy

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The glimmer curve yield inverted, but even negative rates are attractive in this economy

Is your vault full?

The exotic trials ghosts from season 3 does the same thing too. It breaks down into 5 shards and 5k glimmer.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Please don't ask gogo about his vault, it's intervention required levels of hoarding. The only solution to fix it is to blow up the new tower and move to a third one.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Things could be better, yes.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

:wtc:

I'm the trials tokens

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Things could be better, yes.

Lol good poo poo. I still keep any good roll of a poo poo gun and have like 4 or 5 stacks of dusklight and data lettuce. Gonna start turning them in and dismantling stuff for cores and shards because I realised last night if I wait till shadowkeep and do It all at once I'll want to kill myself.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
:toot: JOTUNN! :toot:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Congratulations! :toot:

Now stuff it away forever because only assholes with no honor use it!!!! :argh:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Jotunn is bullshit and it is glorious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013

BlindSite posted:

I've been gone from the game for a year and I've got the kind of brain that likes collecting triumphs. :shrug: It's been Blood Cleaver for the entirety of the Solstice of Heroes.