Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Ben, who calls veterans the “original” anti-fascists,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

coathat posted:

quote:

Ben—not his real name as he wishes to remain anonymous a little longer—is a tall, 30-something man with a reddish-blonde beard and pale skin. He’s easy to spot in a crowd. It doesn’t hurt that he always wears the same shirt to rallies: a red tee emblazoned with the Marvel Comics anti-hero, Deadpool.

:thunk:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Epic High Five posted:

lmfao he just wandered around as a brand new member filming everything and nobody thought to wonder why

Turns out having every single member of your hate group constantly livestreaming/recording to beg for money on the internet isn't great opsec.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

if asked they probably would have accepted something as stupid as "im live streaming on twitch to show how awesome we are"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Randalor posted:

... wait, is he saying the number of people living in extreme poverty has gone up? Isn't that a bad thing?

he's stupid, op

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
:same:

duz posted:

if asked they probably would have accepted something as stupid as "im live streaming on twitch to show how awesome we are"
:hmmyes:

zegermans posted:

he's stupid evil, op

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

quote:

Another person he includes in the “grifter” category: Andy Ngo, a conservative writer who’s built a Twitter persona around filming fights between antifa and right-wing extremists (that, and trying to convince people that hate crime allegations raised by LGBTQ+ Portlanders are simply “hoaxes”).

Ngo tags along with Patriot Prayer during demonstrations, hoping to catch footage of an altercation. Ben says Ngo doesn’t film Patriot Prayer protesters discussing strategies or motives. He only turns his camera on when members of antifa enter the scene.

“There’s an understanding,” he says, “that Patriot Prayer protects him and he protects them.”

quote:

Ben captures someone telling a person on speakerphone, "There's going to be a huge fight," and gives them directions to Cider Riot.

Ngo doesn’t film any of the conversations, and smiles when the group cracks jokes.

“He overheard everything,” Ben recalls, “and said nothing.”

Wraith of J.O.I. has issued a correction as of 19:31 on Aug 26, 2019

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Navy Ben is a real live American hero. Wish we had more of them.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

just when the right was adapting to super soldiers, we break out our antifa super spies

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/JeffreyASachs/status/1165989299826941957

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

VROOM VROOM posted:

I can't remember his face but "deadpool shirt ginger patriot" is definitely ringing some bells in my memory from events and I'm lmaoing

I’m pretty sure he’s in those pictures of Andy Ngo helping plan some violence from last week. So there were at least two unrelated infiltrators in the same place at the same time

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I’m pretty sure he’s in those pictures of Andy Ngo helping plan some violence from last week. So there were at least two unrelated infiltrators in the same place at the same time

A Scanner Marxly

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

coathat posted:

He may have just made one of those quips about WWII troops being antifa and the reporter paraphrased it that way

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Proud Boys are The Man Who Was Thursday but it's all antifa

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

It was Ben’s video that helped Portland Police Bureau (PPB) confidently secure arrest warrants against Gibson and five other members of Patriot Prayer who followed him to Cider Riot that afternoon.

More like forced the PPB to act through gritted teeth.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

quote:

They’re just not very curious people.
thread title

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Either that or a ginger Nazi who likes Deadpool is getting jumped by his friends before this hero unmasks himself as someone else

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

ChristsDickWorship posted:

Either that or a ginger Nazi who likes Deadpool is getting jumped by his friends before this hero unmasks himself as someone else

Oh no. It would be devastatingly unfair were that to happen

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lol a bunch of them are getting sent to jail because of some unchecked dude walking around filming everything with his phone and they can't stop it from happening again because they're all lazy little youtube divas trying to get a patreon going for being the most racist and the only thing that'd start an uprising faster than telling them to stop being violent Nazis is to tell them to stop streaming.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
“’I’m mostly here so that I can text people in case any of the fash [shorthand for fascists] attempt to go to where the counter-protesters are,” Ben told his Facebook Live viewers that afternoon from the overpass. “And I’m getting who’s present so I can pass that information on to other people.”

Ben livestreams all far-right protests he attends on Facebook, allowing the public to follow along and ask questions. Occasionally he steps away from the crowd to let his viewers in on his secret: That he’s an anti-fascist embedded with the opposition.

this seems like a stupid idea, but it worked, so

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

90s Cringe Rock posted:

“’I’m mostly here so that I can text people in case any of the fash [shorthand for fascists] attempt to go to where the counter-protesters are,” Ben told his Facebook Live viewers that afternoon from the overpass. “And I’m getting who’s present so I can pass that information on to other people.”

Ben livestreams all far-right protests he attends on Facebook, allowing the public to follow along and ask questions. Occasionally he steps away from the crowd to let his viewers in on his secret: That he’s an anti-fascist embedded with the opposition.

this seems like a stupid idea, but it worked, so

it'd be stupid with any leftist org because it's a matter of life and death for them to have good opsec

the right is 100% astroturfed and is made up of self-styled Randian ubermenchen so not only do they not think about it in the first place, if they did they'd still allow it because if their movement stopped offering grifters a means to monetize it, it would fall apart

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

This such a hilarious contrast to me. Police and FBI infiltration has been so common on the left for decades that we are all constantly on guard for cops. Meanwhile it looks like the altright has no immune system at all for this sort of thing and some rando dude easily ruined their poo poo.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

CHUDs are too self-absorbed to pay attention to anyone's stream but their own.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

But it's also a warning for those on the left to never let their guard down. Also for anyone starting to get involved to not be turned away by people being guarded and cagey.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

This such a hilarious contrast to me. Police and FBI infiltration has been so common on the left for decades that we are all constantly on guard for cops. Meanwhile it looks like the altright has no immune system at all for this sort of thing and some rando dude easily ruined their poo poo.

this is it. it turns out that selective pressure is a thing and COINTELPRO actively selected for leftist groups that practice decent opsec

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
KPTV.com: Man says he was assaulted outside Portland bar for wearing 'MAGA' hat; two people arrested: https://www.kptv.com/news/man-says-he-was-assaulted-outside-portland-bar-for-wearing/article_2ed3c054-c795-11e9-956e-1f42272a49fe.html

Good ol'maga snowflakes starting poo poo and then crying when people step up to the plate.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

lol yeah, and at least we can always look out for shiny shoes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Tetrabor posted:

KPTV.com: Man says he was assaulted outside Portland bar for wearing 'MAGA' hat; two people arrested: https://www.kptv.com/news/man-says-he-was-assaulted-outside-portland-bar-for-wearing/article_2ed3c054-c795-11e9-956e-1f42272a49fe.html

Good ol'maga snowflakes starting poo poo and then crying when people step up to the plate.

proud of my home town

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
right wingers suck at opsec because they immediately trust alpha males and pinup models because they think they have a monopoly on them

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Sometimes aesthetics and morality are the same thing to a fascist.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

They also probably Invision themselves as tier 1 operators who are masters of covert ops

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
What a shame

https://mobile.twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1166146056448614406

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I am shocked shocked to find fascist protectionism in this free speech zone

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
lol :rip:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Avi_Bueno/status/1166157675178221569

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

we here at Quillette categorically deny that Andy Ngo was fired due to siding with the fascists. In fact our cranial phrenology examination showed his asian brain was larger to that of our european specimen and we can't have that

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

We at quillete have removed the influence of the perfidious gay Oriental to ensure the purity of our magazine

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
womp womp trapped in a milkshake

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Haha remember when all those media shitheads rushed to his defense

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

brugroffil posted:

Haha remember when all those media shitheads rushed to his defense

go.fund.me/andyngo

please help andy ngo in this trying time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

go.milkshake.me/andyngo