Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anukis
Jan 23, 2006

I'm an empathetic, sensitive, educated, intellectually curious non-idiot. Hi.

gh0stpinballa posted:

this should be the biggest story in the world and the fact it isn't is extremely suss, most people seemed to have moved on already. there's no hope.

Corporate media will always present its narrative as wholly uncontested until enough people question it to bring it down. Whether that's about capitalism or neoliberal candidates or surveillance or this literal global pedophilia ring, they are the absolute last to face what everyone else already knows.

Just gotta keep agitating, maybe forever to no end but ah well at least the endorphins are energizing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat
Read 20 something pages of Programmed to Kill, I think I'm going to barf.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

twit666 posted:

Read 20 something pages of Programmed to Kill, I think I'm going to barf.

yeah I had to set it down after Part I.

I dunno man.

Johnny Red
Aug 15, 2019
the story has been starved of significant developments, and that, coupled with the fact that the media has done the absolute minimum to investigate the epstein affair, is seeming to rapidly lead to the energy around it going kaput. there has also been so much else going on in the news to pull away people's attention, too, what with trump's insanity, the amazon, the economy, and all the rest of it.

really, all you need to know about the news media has been in plain sight throughout the whole affair: they've mostly refused to ask tough questions regarding epstein's handling by the authorities, his network of connections, his background, ghislaine and her background, etc. they expect their audience to trust in the system unconditionally, and they smear anyone who questions their perspective, no matter what the specifics of the criticism may be, as crank loons. i don't think that the epstein story was killed; i think it was hardly given life. even with all the attention that his arrest and subsequent death seemed to garner, the story should have been far larger. it could have been. in a a perfect world, wapo, the new york times, and the bloody bbc would be tearing through paper trails, hungrily chasing down potential leads, drilling into the heads of their readership that this whole thing is just bonkers. instead, we got lukewarm retreading of his situation in 2008, reporting of what happened at the mcc in the most uncritical, blasé way imaginable, and fake woke articles about prison reform.

who knows, maybe the esptein story will blow up again with a big development. there's always hope (lol).

Johnny Red has issued a correction as of 20:08 on Aug 26, 2019

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

not investigating is the same as killing the story. journalists at nyt/wapo/etc may not have been told explicitly what to do, but like rats in a maze, they know where they're allowed to go.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
Programmed to Kill is a very disturbing read, it's definitely helping me crack ping some more. Thanks for the rec.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Rofn9WITw

operation mockingbird was successful

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

aw gently caress i just remembered the whole thing about disney movies where the underwater kingdom was made of dicks in the little mermaid, and in aladdin there's a subliminal whisper going "kids take off your clothes"

not to mention ALL your girls in disney movies including the teenage ones are clearly drawn while horny. blaming anime for perverts is a misdirection bc anime was just copying disney the whole time

it's all true... it's all been true the whole time :magemage:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

woah, lets not get ahead of ourselves and defend anime

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Johnny Red posted:

the story has been starved of significant developments, and that, coupled with the fact that the media has done the absolute minimum to investigate the epstein affair, is seeming to rapidly lead to the energy around it going kaput. there has also been so much else going on in the news to pull away people's attention, too, what with trump's insanity, the amazon, the economy, and all the rest of it.

really, all you need to know about the news media has been in plain sight throughout the whole affair: they've mostly refused to ask tough questions regarding epstein's handling by the authorities, his network of connections, his background, ghislaine and her background, etc. they expect their audience to trust in the system unconditionally, and they smear anyone who questions their perspective, no matter what the specifics of the criticism may be, as crank loons. i don't think that the epstein story was killed; i think it was hardly given life. even with all the attention that his arrest and subsequent death seemed to garner, the story should have been far larger. it could have been. in a a perfect world, wapo, the new york times, and the bloody bbc would be tearing through paper trails, hungrily chasing down potential leads, drilling into the heads of their readership that this whole thing is just bonkers. instead, we got lukewarm retreading of his situation in 2008, reporting of what happened at the mcc in the most uncritical, blasé way imaginable, and fake woke articles about prison reform.

who knows, maybe the esptein story will blow up again with a big development. there's always hope (lol).

The part that really gets to me is that nobody seems to be perturbed by the idea that a massive blackmail operation targeting numerous figures of political and cultural significance was being conducted more or less openly for decades without apparently drawing much attention from the FBI or anyone else. The D&D line I see getting used is that the claim Epstein belonged to intelligence was a face saving lie to cover up more pedestrian corruption, but if you don't think Epstein had any protection from the American security state then at the very least you would think it would be a massive scandal that nobody took any interest in all of this.

This isn't just a question of justice for the victims either. Even looking at this from the most Machiavellian realpolitik perspective, surely you would be concerned that Epstein might have been working on behalf of or willing to sell his information to foreign agencies or businesses. If Epstein wasn't acting with the sanction of someone in the US government then it really raises the question of how massively incompetent and irresponsible they would have been to ignore what he was doing for decades.

Even the most mundane interpretation of this scandal, interpreted through the most lazy liberal political perspective, should raise alarm bells. There should be congressional inquiries, huge media scrutiny, people getting fired. The fact that none of this is happening is, on its own, enough to raise suspicions.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wasn't there leafs or birds in some Disney movie that traced out sex can't remember exactly but lol

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

woah, lets not get ahead of ourselves and defend anime

but anime was right

or at least the miyazaki and satoshi kon ones were

and eva, mostly

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006
what would happen if the media instituted round the clock Epstein coverage

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

Woozy posted:

what would happen if i had a pet fire breathing dragon

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
the sex in Lion King and “take off your clothes” stuff in Aladdin is horseshit, the nude lady in one frame of The Rescuers was real

this on the other hand

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
anime is universally good, if you find a bad anime it's just the rule that proves the exception :colbert:

Woozy posted:

they'd get called out for being russian bots, duh

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

Feranon posted:

what would happen if i had a pet fire breathing dragon

the people would rise from their slumber and demand accountability and democracy and elect the good politicians

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

Woozy posted:

the people would rise from their slumber and demand accountability and democracy and elect the good politicians

now that you mention it that IS exactly what i would make happen if i had a dragon

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

Dr. Killjoy posted:

this on the other hand

gently caress

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

"the bare necessities" was a song about ordering a uh,,, "small cheese pizza"

crack...............PING

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Now, I'm the king of the pedos, oh
The prison VIP
sheet tied to the bunkbed top, my body dropped
And that's what's strangling me

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

shame his body wasnt found swinging (because he was actually murdered) or you wouldnt even have to change the words

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Feranon posted:

but anime was right

or at least the miyazaki and satoshi kon ones were

and eva, mostly

evangelion is pro anime even if it dives into the dark side of stuff

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yo you know what would be the most soulcrushing thing?

A photo of Bernie and Epstein walking out of Epstein's mansion

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
Anybody that likes anime is an Epstein without the necessary cash flow

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

old.flv posted:

Anybody that likes anime is an Epstein without the necessary cash flow

have you ever been bitch slapped for lack of listening?

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Dr. Killjoy posted:

the sex in Lion King and “take off your clothes” stuff in Aladdin is horseshit, the nude lady in one frame of The Rescuers was real

this on the other hand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCX5JJwkZhU

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

Feranon posted:

have you ever been bitch slapped for lack of listening?

Sorry about your bank account

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Woozy posted:

It would be like the 911 newscorp psyop where people watched the loops for 20 hours at a time and then joined the army TO SERVE.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Here's the Little Mermaid Dick Castle. Timg'd for your viewing pleasure

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

buddy if your dick looks like that you ought a see a doctor

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Here's the Little Mermaid Dick Castle. Timg'd for your viewing pleasure

this is getting pretty silly

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

‘cause every time we crack, I get this pinging
and every word I read I swear I should die

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Dr. Killjoy posted:

‘cause every time we crack, I get this pinging
and every word I read I swear I should die

please don't tell me Cascada is a god drat cia plant too

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3

old.flv posted:

this is getting pretty silly

I mean, I don't know if it's a product of a worldwide Illuminati plot to normalize pedophilia any more than medieval monks drawing dicks / dick monsters / boobs / etc in the margins of illuminated manuscripts was, but that one at least is pretty blatant.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Disney box art is so awful.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Feranon posted:

aw gently caress i just remembered the whole thing about disney movies where the underwater kingdom was made of dicks in the little mermaid, and in aladdin there's a subliminal whisper going "kids take off your clothes"

not to mention ALL your girls in disney movies including the teenage ones are clearly drawn while horny. blaming anime for perverts is a misdirection bc anime was just copying disney the whole time

it's all true... it's all been true the whole time :magemage:

:hmmyes:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/CarolLeonnig/status/1166143227919028226?s=20

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

HELLO LADIES posted:

I mean, I don't know if it's a product of a worldwide Illuminati plot to normalize pedophilia any more than medieval monks drawing dicks / dick monsters / boobs / etc in the margins of illuminated manuscripts was, but that one at least is pretty blatant.

I have to admit that does look like a nice dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

HELLO LADIES posted:

not egg-shaped so epstein isn’t linked to this at least