Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
unless there's a sudden increase in life expectancy, so will the suckers who've paid money for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jabor posted:

unless there's a sudden increase in life expectancy, so will the suckers who've paid money for it

I'm not sure if it was this thread or another but the backers have already spent 10% of their life waiting for this "game" lol

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

MarcusSA posted:

I'm not sure if it was this thread or another but the backers have already spent 10% of their life waiting for this "game" lol

That's about what I've spent making fun of them so I guess we're even

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008

Telebite posted:

2019. New Star Citizen video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjc9vKd4NfU

50+ minutes, showing a game asset in development software. Absolutely no in-game or in-current-engine footage whatsoever.

Normal and expected, but still somehow unbelievable.

i'm the useless meter in the lower left that flings itself up and down with every simulated step

bounce bounce bounce

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Torquemada posted:

It’s weird to think that most of the mo cap cast will have aged enough to be unrecognisable to the youth market when it finally releases. Hell, some of the cast will probably be dead by then.

they aren't targeting the youth market, they're targeting the manchild market

everything about it, from the game concept to the acting cast to Chris Roberts himself, is banking on nostalgia for the 90s with people who are now in their 40s and 50s

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Yes, all of whom, as noted in every iteration of the main SC thread, have already bought into it, leaving it with zero additional income if it ever makes it to release.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I can't believe this is a real thing that happened. It's hard to put into words how dumbfounded I am at this.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

soy posted:

I can't believe this is a real thing that happened. It's hard to put into words how dumbfounded I am at this.

Glad you said that because I skipped that part

Yikes :stare:

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Think of the epic battles you can take part in as a mine layer! Just like in your favorite space movies like Mine Layer and Mine Layer II: Optimal Placement

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
choooo choooo all aboard the dork train

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Or the spinoff series, Sweeper.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

STARCITIZEN: Nope, it wasn't a sales pitch at all.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Maybe the best way to handle this is to give Chris Roberts awards for his manipulation of large swathes of clueless idiots, wannabe rapists and furries.

It is really very impressive.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Runaktla posted:

Maybe the best way to handle this is to give Chris Roberts awards for his manipulation of large swathes of clueless idiots, wannabe rapists and furries.

It is really very impressive.

Don't forget the horrid, unapologetic racists. Surprised he hasn't been recruited for White House staff yet.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Devils Affricate posted:

Don't forget the horrid, unapologetic racists. Surprised he hasn't been recruited for White House staff yet.

Chris Roberts can, should, and will be our first gamer president.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Icochet posted:

Think of the epic battles you can take part in as a mine layer! Just like in your favorite space movies like Mine Layer and Mine Layer II: Optimal Placement

Mine Layer III: The Third Dimension wasn't as well made, though.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
I am sorry, how the gently caress do people still believe in this game. like at best, it will be some alright flight sim campaign that will come out maybe. like i think they showed a new ship off for sale for like 300 bucks to the "premium supporters" and others and the ships were "limited" and like 350 bucks at lowest price and they were gone in seconds. like what gently caress?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I am sorry, how the gently caress do people still believe in this game. like at best, it will be some alright flight sim campaign that will come out maybe. like i think they showed a new ship off for sale for like 300 bucks to the "premium supporters" and others and the ships were "limited" and like 350 bucks at lowest price and they were gone in seconds. like what gently caress?

I guess if real life is pathetic enough, some turbo dweebs will pay any amount to keep this farce going. Maybe false hope is better than no hope at all.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Arc Light posted:

I guess if real life is pathetic enough, some turbo dweebs will pay any amount to keep this farce going. Maybe false hope is better than no hope at all.

i mean yeah but you can probably get the same feeling from loving playing dumb rp/spacebuild poo poo on garrys mod. like this game is never gonna live up to their weird fantasies.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

EVE, an actually competent space nerd game, removed mines from the game because they take up a huge amount of processing power. I look forward to seeing the Star Citizen engine tackle this when it doesn't even handle ships correctly.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean yeah but you can probably get the same feeling from loving playing dumb rp/spacebuild poo poo on garrys mod. like this game is never gonna live up to their weird fantasies.

the weird fantasies are the whole point, the people who are still super-invested don't play other games and have no frame of reference for why the endless promises are impossible.

star citizen is like a RP server, except the server is reddits and forums, and you can fool yourself into believing it's not RP and everything is real if you try / have enough $$$ sunk.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

EVE, an actually competent space nerd game

only in comparison to star citizen (and lately they've been making big strides at reducing the gap)

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

They'll add mines into the game, which will be buggy and blow the ships up

It's a feature, though, as really the pilots are just failing the built in (also hidden) mine laying minigame

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The first time they try to add mines, they will explode at random inside the mine laying ship , as it poops them out one will hit a strut or brace and kablammo goodbye 675$

This is almost guaranteed

Actually I reverse that , the chances are much higher the mines wont even explode at all

Ships will bump into them full speed and they will go careening off into the void

Rememeber when missiles were first introduced (and I understand they still just barely work 10% of the time) and you'd see missiles bouncing off ships and drunkenly nosing around like a snake with no fangs

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Statutory Ape posted:

They'll add mines into the game, which will be buggy and blow the ships up

It's a feature, though, as really the pilots are just failing the built in (also hidden) mine laying minigame

Mineproof shields buff, $100/annum / ship

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's easy making a massively multiplayer online space shooting sim if you remember that from a certain perspective all points are the same point

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Lol, it's literally a Catalina Wine Mixer for imaginary space ships

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is the menu from that $275 dinner.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

$275 family style dinner

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pork knuckle was my nickname in college

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Lol $275 for hot dogs and chocolate pudding.

Nerds officially can't tell jocks poo poo about life.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

One of the Starters is "Green Sauce "

GREEN SAUCE

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
didn't even have Fries.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
"You don't understand. This is the most exclusive club in the 'verse." :smug:

*sips well rum and coke*

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Love to sit at my sophisticated for adults eating hot dogs family style and sipping the finest apple juice while nerds LARP a corporate press event.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Love to sit at my sophisticated for adults eating hot dogs family style and sipping the finest apple juice while nerds LARP a corporate press event.

LOL holy poo poo

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

MarcusSA posted:

I'm surprised Flavor Aid isn't on the beverage list.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Lol hot dogs and fries at this thing

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Why bother having "vegan rice pudding" when everything else is not vegan...like you don't need to add vegan just because it's rice pudding and boring as poo poo.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
MOM?

MOM!

CHICKEN TENDIES NOW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Hey everyone, lets be fair. Im sure there was a mistake and the menu was missing some info.

Sources tell me the the Green Sauce had a mild, spicy flavor similar to Tostitos and was served with tortilla Asteroid chips.