Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Probably because anybody can grow wings regardless of their base stat growth unlike other FEs.
And that is reflected in the enemies to an extent.

And on top of that you get innate Canto, dismounting with basically no opportunity cost, and the flying classes have great growths on top of it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

RoyalScion posted:

You can’t recruit Rhea, you have to pick correct choices in dialogue and/or feed her items to get her to upper support ranks. B rank is locked until he beginning of chapter 7 and A rank is locked until the beginning of chapter 11. You can only s rank her on church route.

For obvious reasons you can’t rank her up at all after the timeskip so you have a hard stop of support ranking right before starting the halter 12 mission.

That would’ve been good to know sooner. That’s awful.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
If it's any consolation, I would describe her A rank as utterly creepy, and not in the Annete-song-subject kind of way .

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rhea's A support is basically her just staring at your eyes and breathing heavily while going "hehehee finally.... finally hehehee" while Bylthe gets increasingly freaked the gently caress out, and if you tell her "n-no it's fine" she just keeps going

I was kind of expecting more from a support but it's just like heavy murderer vibes.

psy_wombats
Dec 1, 2009

Yeah I don't think anyone really thought a JRPG pope figure was going to be the most upstanding character but I still wasn't prepared at Church ending where she declares that she's blood-related to both your parents, calls you "mother," then dies. Been thinking, you could probably replace the whole church of seiros with a vampire blood cult and it'd come off as more overtly villainous maybe but somehow /less/ creepy.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Flyers are always busted in every FE and it's no surprise that I'm a game where everyone can be a flyer, everyone is at their best flying
If there was a magic flying class then literally everyone would want wings

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Flyers are always busted in every FE and it's no surprise that I'm a game where everyone can be a flyer, everyone is at their best flying
If there was a magic flying class then literally everyone would want wings

I just don't understand why they would give the flying classes great growths while simultaneously gimping the speed growth of every single cavalry class

Andrast fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Aug 27, 2019

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
It's creepy but I'm fine with it since half the game is dealing with everybody's mental issues.

I'll never get tired of KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM, Dimitri is great.

Although I think overall GD is the best route Claude is the most boring lord (relative to the others in 3H) in the game full of crazy people and as such he's not nearly as entertaining.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast posted:

I just don't understand why they would give the flying classes great growths while simultaneously gimping the speed growth of single cavalry class

Have you considered that wyverns are cool and deserve to be the best class in the game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Have you considered that wyverns are cool and deserve to be the best class in the game

They would be the best class even if you didn't ruin the cavalries!

not having flying casters is also a crime

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I know every game has mechanical imbalances but after 200 hours this games faults are making me sad.
Non-Magic users:
On foot (hands you a pair of knuckles unless girl in which case hands you a flying horse/wyvern)
On horseback (hands Bernadetta a bow and everybody else their pink slips)
On wings (hands you a raise)

Give me a weapon master class whose innate ability is auto sword/axe/spear breaker or something. Jeez.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 27, 2019

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Free dismounting is kinda dumb and busted and it doesn't make sense to boot. Let them dismount before the start of the battle sure but not in the middle of enemy lines!!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

psy_wombats posted:

Yeah I don't think anyone really thought a JRPG pope figure was going to be the most upstanding character but I still wasn't prepared at Church ending where she declares that she's blood-related to both your parents, calls you "mother," then dies. Been thinking, you could probably replace the whole church of seiros with a vampire blood cult and it'd come off as more overtly villainous maybe but somehow /less/ creepy.

I do find it funny how Fates bent over backwards to stress that nobody is blood related and you aren't loving your real sibling meanwhile Three Houses lets you marry the woman who's an amorphous mix of your daughter and your mother.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Actually, I haven't tested this, but if you dismount as a Wyvern Rider/Lord, can you then use gauntlets?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

blizzardvizard posted:

Actually, I haven't tested this, but if you dismount as a Wyvern Rider/Lord, can you then use gauntlets?

Yes.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

on my current run, I've finally come to understand this comic

if you are capable of being a brigand, congratulations, you are now a brigand.

It was even worse in Awakening since grinding was unlimited and there was no hard level cap so you could go nuts leveling every class a character had for the various skill unlocks. Also, be glad this game doesn't have children and the nightmare euthenics that naturally result from optimizing them.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

The funny thing about the galeforce thing is you really hard to work your rear end off to get that and by the time you did they really didn't need it at all because the way the stats worked they'd be so jacked beacuse one of the parents had to be level 15 dark flier to even pass on the skill!

I mean I still did it, but, you know.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Some of the overturned DLC maps were a lot easier if you have enough Galeforce to field a full team. But yeah, for the main story, even on Lunatic grinding out GF on everyone would leave you way over-leveled.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RoyalScion posted:

It's creepy but I'm fine with it since half the game is dealing with everybody's mental issues.

I'll never get tired of KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM, Dimitri is great.

Although I think overall GD is the best route Claude is the most boring lord (relative to the others in 3H) in the game full of crazy people and as such he's not nearly as entertaining.

The interesting thing about Edelgard is, on her route at least, she's completely sane.

She's just... dedicated to seeing things through.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
So quick question (early game): I just finished a mission on 9/7 where I went into an underground passage and beat the crap out of a dark knight. Suddenly the game decided that no, I really didn't want to spend the next 3 weeks managing my people and having fun with the whole aspect of growing my students, and that instead I wanted to skip straight to 10/4. What gives? Did I screw something up?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Dirk the Average posted:

So quick question (early game): I just finished a mission on 9/7 where I went into an underground passage and beat the crap out of a dark knight. Suddenly the game decided that no, I really didn't want to spend the next 3 weeks managing my people and having fun with the whole aspect of growing my students, and that instead I wanted to skip straight to 10/4. What gives? Did I screw something up?

The game explicitly warned you about it advancing the story. You can choose to just end the day instead of pursuing the obvious plot thread and waiting until the end of the month where it automatically happens.
Otherwise it ends the entire month early.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

rannum posted:

The game explicitly warned you about it advancing the story. You can choose to just end the day instead of pursuing the obvious plot thread and waiting until the end of the month where it automatically happens.
Otherwise it ends the entire month early.

Ah, cool, got it. I didn't understand that when the game said it would advance the story that it would kick me to the next month! I'll go back and redo that whole section then.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

lots of people not noting even though the game says please

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
I love this game but it has so many stupid little UI issues. Would it be that hard for the game to keep track of who I assign adjutants to instead of reassigning them to the first characters on my roster and making me fix that every single battle? Or to let me use stat boosters from the convoy instead of loving around with my characters' inventories to make room for them?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thuryl posted:

I love this game but it has so many stupid little UI issues. Would it be that hard for the game to keep track of who I assign adjutants to instead of reassigning them to the first characters on my roster and making me fix that every single battle? Or to let me use stat boosters from the convoy instead of loving around with my characters' inventories to make room for them?

I'm trying to get supports for characters I like just to see em and holy poo poo the Adjutants thing is pissing me off. Like this has to be some programming error, It has to be.

Ugh.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Thuryl posted:

Or having some easy place you can see your professor level at (and exp), or being able to quickly switch between character pannel/classes easily, etc etc. Just so many awkward UI stuff.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

rannum posted:

The funny thing about the galeforce thing is you really hard to work your rear end off to get that and by the time you did they really didn't need it at all because the way the stats worked they'd be so jacked beacuse one of the parents had to be level 15 dark flier to even pass on the skill!

I mean I still did it, but, you know.

Meanwhile I took the opposite tack of, all the grinding made me so overpowered I figured I'd just not use galeforce to maybe see some semblance of excitement? But I also played on hard and again ground my face because if the game lets my grind to get "perfect" classes I loving will no matter how unfun it is. (I'm really loving happy we don't have another galeforce)

fake edit: shipping for galeforce is wrong though, you're support to ship for character dynamics drat it. I don't care if it gimps the kid. :colbert:

Eimi fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Aug 27, 2019

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Arkeus posted:

Or having some easy place you can see your professor level at (and exp), or being able to quickly switch between character pannel/classes easily, etc etc. Just so many awkward UI stuff.

It’s one of the most cumbersome UIs I’ve ever experienced. It’s baffling.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Fed Rhea enough owl feathers/goddess statues to unlock the B support

slightly amused that the whole thing is largely just "hey, quick question, are you my mom yet? are you almost her?? has she begun overtaking your consciousness yet??? no? awww."

also lmao that telling the truth makes Sothis mad. Sorry Rhea, your mom thinks you're an obsessive weirdo

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

rhea is so hosed up and i love her

her VA also has so much fun with her, she's a joy to listen to

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

The monastery sections were pretty fun pre timeskip, but it feels like a slog now. More points to do stuff with but less people to interact with. I'm just spending the excess points in the tournament, at least money is actually relatively tight so money grinding isn't superfluous.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

The monastery sections were pretty fun pre timeskip, but it feels like a slog now. More points to do stuff with but less people to interact with. I'm just spending the excess points in the tournament, at least money is actually relatively tight so money grinding isn't superfluous.

I just do a ton of lunches to get all the supports

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I do that and still have 4-5 points left per day!

I guess it would be better if you've recruited a bunch of people, though, I didn't recruit anyone besides Hanneman, Manuela, and Alois

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

I do that and still have 4-5 points left per day!

I guess it would be better if you've recruited a bunch of people, though, I didn't recruit anyone besides Hanneman, Manuela, and Alois

Yeah I recruited like 3-4 units more than you on my first run. Lunches + some training for Byleth kept me pretty busy the whole game.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Seteth has been a goddamn beast btw

What the hell is he doing with a desk job

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

That's just wyvern riders in general

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

Paperwork.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

blizzardvizard posted:

Keeping Rhea from going KILL MAIM BURN is a full time job.

As is stopping Flayn from being a lemming.

psy_wombats
Dec 1, 2009

in my mental model of Garreg Mach, Seteth is one of those office workers who look like they're putting in 60 hrs/wk but at least 50% of that time is him at his desk scratching out sideprojects (in this case, The Illuminated Lives of the Saints as illustrated by Bernadette)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

McTimmy posted:

As is stopping Flayn from being a lemming.
I'm currently trying to train Flayn into something resembling a useful mage because it seemed appropriate for the route, and hoo boy, that girl is as squishy as she is useless
she missed an attack with a 91% hit chance, how :psyduck:

e: just looked up her spell list and loving lol she's getting the bench after Eagle and Lion when I lift my recruitment embargo. Her only claim to fame is Fortify*, and Mercedes has that and more.

*rescue is just warp but lovely, and you can't change my mind on that

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Aug 27, 2019